PDA

View Full Version : Aberrant D20 - anyone have any experience with it?

atemu1234
2016-10-17, 05:07 PM
I got a copy of the rulebook on the cheap from my local gaming store - friends with the owner, it wasn't selling and wasn't in great condition - for the aforementioned system.

I'm looking at it and trying to come up with a PF conversion for it, but does anyone have any experience with the baseline system? Is it good? Fun? Any tips or tricks?

Venger
2016-10-17, 05:24 PM
I got a copy of the rulebook on the cheap from my local gaming store - friends with the owner, it wasn't selling and wasn't in great condition - for the aforementioned system.

I'm looking at it and trying to come up with a PF conversion for it, but does anyone have any experience with the baseline system? Is it good? Fun? Any tips or tricks?

Aberrant was originally a white wolf game keyed off the storyteller engine, so porting it to d20 would cause some weirdness. Is there a reason you want it specifically over a different superhero rpg? was there something in the lore that appealed?

It might be a little bit simpler to port something already designed under d20 to pf, such as mutants and masterminds, rather than try to adapt an adaptation

atemu1234
2016-10-17, 06:12 PM
Aberrant was originally a white wolf game keyed off the storyteller engine, so porting it to d20 would cause some weirdness. Is there a reason you want it specifically over a different superhero rpg? was there something in the lore that appealed?

It might be a little bit simpler to port something already designed under d20 to pf, such as mutants and masterminds, rather than try to adapt an adaptation

I mean the d20 version that was already made?

Venger
2016-10-17, 06:17 PM
I mean the d20 version that was already made?

right, I know that exists, I just mean it was adapted once, and now you'd be adapting it again to pf, I was asking if there was a specific reason you were going with aberrant vs another superhero rpg system that already exists with d20 if that's what you and your players are familiar with

atemu1234
2016-10-17, 06:49 PM
right, I know that exists, I just mean it was adapted once, and now you'd be adapting it again to pf, I was asking if there was a specific reason you were going with aberrant vs another superhero rpg system that already exists with d20 if that's what you and your players are familiar with

I mean, we're familiar with next to nothing superhero rpg-related, save maybe refluffed d20 modern.