PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Would you house rule this?

poolio
2016-10-17, 05:17 PM
So in a recent thread about clerics it was brought to my attention that higher level clerics don't get much in the way of spell selection, so why not multi class? Which got me thinking and i came to a conclusion that would make two of the, for lack of a better term, weaker sub-classes into a pretty good damage dealer with bonus control/buff/healing options,

So the build wouldn't really take off damage wise till lv13, it's war/8 hunter/5, it would involve utilizing colossus slayer and divine strike, both give an additional d8, so if you're fighting at range using a long bow you would be dealing 3d8, and at level 5 ranger gets extra attack, so that's 3d8 × 2 a turn, then there's war priest, so you can, usually 4/day, do 3d8 × 3! That's a lot of damage,

But, unfortunately, you can only add the divine strike and the colossus slayer damage to one attack per turn, bring our possible 9d8 from three attacks, to a mear 5d8, which is utilizing our only 4-5/day bonus action attack,

So my question to you all is, would it be to much to allow divine strike and/or colossus slayer to deal their bonus damage to all attacks?

P.S. would allowing bonus damage to be applied to the extra targeted creatures for hord breaker be asking to much? Like instead of doing 3d8 to one target two to three times a turn, to do 2d8 to two targets the same number of times?

Specter
2016-10-17, 06:43 PM
Divine Strike already gets better after a while, so I wouldn't upscale. It's meant to improve Cleric's single attack, not create multiclassing problems. Colossus Slayer, on the other hand, wouldn't break the game if it became 2d8 at level 10 or something.

Aembrosia
2016-10-17, 07:37 PM
If you're asking as the player. Yes, too much. If you're asking as the DM for that player. Nah, seems fine you can tone it back if it causes a problem.

Also, as i read it: [premise] not enough spells. [solution] add bonus weapon attack damage.

lol

poolio
2016-10-18, 10:35 AM
If you're asking as the player. Yes, too much. If you're asking as the DM for that player. Nah, seems fine you can tone it back if it causes a problem.

Also, as i read it: [premise] not enough spells. [solution] add bonus weapon attack damage.

lol

Kinda both actually:smalltongue:

And i wasn't just trying to add damage cause of a lack of good high level spells, i just happened to notice the specifications on how the extra damage they could do from features only applied to one attack, which just kinda bugged me i guess.