PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Legal question about Dragon Age classes and races converted to 5e

qgloaf
2016-10-17, 06:33 PM
My friend is working on a project with Dragon Age races and classes converted to 5e, and he would like to include verbatim quotations from the official Dragon Age wiki as well as using 5e's rules system. The content on that site is licensed with "CC BY-SA 3.0", and neither him nor me have any idea on how to approach this, specifically the license's "Share Alike" part:

"If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original."

He is not planning on selling it, it will be free content. Does he have to add any kind of legal declaration or attribution anywhere? If yes, what should be the text and license?

HerbertWest
2016-10-18, 08:23 PM
Answering this question, or providing any advice to you in regard to this, is in violation of the following section of the forum rules:

•Professional Advice: Please do not give any form of professional advice to other posters, whether it is solicited or not, even if you are a licensed professional in that field (and especially if you are not). This includes (but is not limited to) legal, financial planning, psychological, and medical advice. As a rule of thumb, if you need a license to practice such a profession, you can't practice it here. You may suggest that someone seek out such a professional away from these message boards, but you may not actually dispense any other guidance. This rule is to protect those who need such advice from the possibility of being misled with faulty or even dangerous suggestions - however well intentioned - and to protect both you and us from unforeseen liability.

With this in mind, I suggest that you contact a legal professional with experience in copyright law to address this for you.