PDA

View Full Version : Roy

Wolfman42666
2007-07-11, 11:41 AM
Since everyone else has made a post asking a question at one time or another, I thought I would...

... Why haven't we seen roy's ghost yet, I mean Roy's dad appeared to Roy loads of times. Does it only work on family members? Is Roy so at peace in the afterlife he won't want to come back? After Xykon's speeches, the ease at which Xykon wasted him and failing utterly to make any difference in that battle, is Roy so :smallmad: he doesn't care? Will he ever get a new costume like Thog has?

Answer these and any more you can think of here.:smallbiggrin:

Greebo
2007-07-11, 11:43 AM
Roy's only been dead a few hours at most.

He's probably still in line at the queue to have his application to enter the realms reviewed.

AKA_Bait
2007-07-11, 12:18 PM
Roy's Fathers Ghost is only around because of the family Blood Oath to destroy Xycon. Roy took no such oath so his spirit is free to move on to one fo the outer planes for the afterlife.

fangthane
2007-07-11, 12:39 PM
If Roy's spirit isn't on its way to his afterlife, it'll be in Cliffport, haunting his sister. She's the next in line to inherit the oath, after all.

Gundato
2007-07-11, 12:50 PM
Aye. From what I gather, the Blood Oath screws over the entire family.

But also, think about this:

1. Eugene needed the sword to manifest his spirit. Last I checked, no other member of the OOTS has a weapon with that much emotional attachment to the Greenhilt bloodline. Maybe when they pick up the sword, but who knows.
2. Eugene was one helluva wizard. Roy, while intelligent, is still a fighter at heart. So his arcane knowledge (ie. how to manifest, how to screw over deities, etc) isn't that encompassing.