PDA

View Full Version : How to get multiple embedded wands in a warforged

dascarletm
2016-10-18, 12:28 AM
Hello playground.

I'm designing a character for potentially my first PbP game, and I wanted to see if I could get this concept to work. I imagine the character having a forearm not unlike that of a large revolver cylinder, with six loaded wands. He spins the cylinder to select the wand he is about to use.

When I thought of this, I was under the impression a multiple wand warforged component existed. I however cannot find such a thing. Can you all help me in making this. I might make the case to re-fluff something like a glove of storing if this can't be done otherwise.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Venger
2016-10-18, 12:38 AM
Hello playground.

I'm designing a character for potentially my first PbP game, and I wanted to see if I could get this concept to work. I imagine the character having a forearm not unlike that of a large revolver cylinder, with six loaded wands. He spins the cylinder to select the wand he is about to use.

When I thought of this, I was under the impression a multiple wand warforged component existed. I however cannot find such a thing. Can you all help me in making this. I might make the case to re-fluff something like a glove of storing if this can't be done otherwise.

Thanks in advance for the help.

there's some items and stuff that will help you achieve your goal. don't know of an official warforged component that works this way. it might've been from dragon magazine maybe? here (http://dictummortuum.blogspot.ca/2012/01/handbook-to-wand-users-and-crafters.html) are some guides (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2713.0) to wand-related fun.

Troacctid
2016-10-18, 12:39 AM
Get a weapon as a warforged component, include a wand chamber?

There's also that spring-loaded triple wand thingy from whatever book that was that had the thing.

Venger
2016-10-18, 12:43 AM
Get a weapon as a warforged component, include a wand chamber?

There's also that spring-loaded triple wand thingy from whatever book that was that had the thing.

are you talking about the rod of many wands from complete mage?

Troacctid
2016-10-18, 12:48 AM
are you talking about the rod of many wands from complete mage?

No, it's not magical, it's spring-loaded and wrist-mounted. It's like from Complete Scoundrel or Complete Adventurer or something, I don't remember.

FocusWolf413
2016-10-18, 12:50 AM
No, it's not magical, it's spring-loaded and wrist-mounted. It's like from Complete Scoundrel or Complete Adventurer or something, I don't remember.

Wand Bracer from Dungeonscape?

Troacctid
2016-10-18, 12:54 AM
Yeah, that one.

dascarletm
2016-10-18, 01:27 AM
Wow that was quick, thank you.

Wand bracer looks pretty good (and cheap), but the full round action is troublesome. A wand bracelet is plausible, but expensive.

Sadly most other options only give one or two wands at most. Being able to swap them out is also a bonus, but not necessary.

Fouredged Sword
2016-10-18, 12:55 PM
I think you can component an elvencraft bow so that it counts as a quarter staff and a longbow. This allows you to stick three wands in it and use them all at the same time. I think it's elvencraft. I may be mixing up my weapons. Anywho there is a bow that counts as a quarter staff. A wand chamber can go in each end and into the bow itself.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-10-18, 01:08 PM
Take one of the feats that allows you to stab enemies with wands or dorjes.

Enhance your masterwork wands or dorjes as +1 sizing weapons.

Make yourself five +1 morphing/sizing weapons (preferably arrows or some other type of cheaply-enhanced ammunition), morph each into a weapon with a wand chamber, insert a wand/dorje, resize the wands/dorjes to be Fine-sized, resize and morph each non-wand/dorje weapon into a poison ring (from Dragon Compendium), and voila. You now have five poison rings that can fire spells from your sizing wands/dorjes. Now mount onto a gauntlet and fluff as a spell-cannon revolver.

Venger
2016-10-18, 01:19 PM
Take one of the feats that allows you to stab enemies with wands or dorjes.

Enhance your masterwork wands or dorjes as +1 sizing weapons.

Make yourself five +1 morphing/sizing weapons (preferably arrows or some other type of cheaply-enhanced ammunition), morph each into a weapon with a wand chamber, insert a wand/dorje, resize the wands/dorjes to be Fine-sized, resize and morph each non-wand/dorje weapons into a poison ring (from Dragon Compendium), and voila. You now have five poison rings that can fire spells from your sizing wands/dorjes. Now mount onto a gauntlet and fluff as a spell-cannon revolver.

wandstrike is one such feat.

assuming your GM won't let you enchant shuriken at a 95% discount, you could save a few bucks and just buy diminutive/fine weapons.

morphing won't let you add accessories such as wand chambers onto a weapon (kind of like how you can't alter self into something with a template for example) but you can always just buy five with the money you save.

warforged only have three fingers, but since these aren't magic clothing items, no one cares. he can double dip and wear a lot of rings on his fingers.

I guess you must be from Riedra, because that was inspired.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-10-18, 02:11 PM
assuming your GM won't let you enchant shuriken at a 95% discount, you could save a few bucks and just buy diminutive/fine weapons. 98% discount, actually, since each piece of ammo is enhanced at 1/50 the cost.

morphing won't let you add accessories such as wand chambers onto a weapon (kind of like how you can't alter self into something with a template for example) but you can always just buy five with the money you save. I've never seen anything like that. If you can craft a weapon using a Craft skill, I imagine morphing will get it for you, too. It is a rather expensive enhancement, after all.

warforged only have three fingers, but since these aren't magic clothing items, no one cares. he can double dip and wear a lot of rings on his fingers. There's nothing that says a warforged must have three fingers, including being restricted from wearing normal humanoid-shaped gloves.

I guess you must be from Riedra, because that was inspired.Thanks.