PDA

View Full Version : Covenant Grove. Everton institute

smuchmuch
2016-10-18, 12:46 AM
It is a chilly gloomy morning, one of those that reminds you that Summer past and it’s the start of Autumn. Fitting to the general mood of the scene, one supposes.

One doesn’t often notice the police cars in Covenant grove. Oh they are here all right, do try to break the law in a disturbing or significant enough way, or even just be among the disenfranchised at the wrong place and the wrong time where you might offend your betters and they'll make their presence know quick enough, but they know how to make themselves discreet. One certainly doesn’t often see a police car in the Everton institute. So even around 7Am, and trying to cause as little as a commotion as possible, the presence of two of them and an ambulance does cause a bit of attention. The staff usually tend to want to deal with most problem internally, for obvious reasons.

But this… Of course most of you were already awake from the scream that shook the girl’s dorm around a couple hours ago.

AA police officer takes a quick look under the sheet, it’s only a brief glimpse but you can recognize the brown skinned hand under it, then puts it back before turning her attention to an obviously shaken young woman which you’d recognize as Juliet, a first year the girl dorm and a grizzled man you recognize as part of the administration. You can’t hear what’s being said in hushed tones but after a short discussion she nods and the stretcher is lifted in the van.

Hell of a way to start a day

When you think back but a few days ago, things everything was pretty peachy then...
--------------------------------------------------------

Noah Dixon and Jack Sheffield

The art lab is currently not in use but there are a few students in there, gathered in a half circle. Mostly seniors, known faces. They’re aren’t punks or rebels or delinquent (well or two maybe), nothing like that but they’re just the cool cats of school.

They’re a dozen, all part of different cliques and groups of interest Sometime a staff member come tell them they shouldn’t really be there but eh, their little gathering tend to be allowed as long as they don’t disturb anyone much.

Right now, it’s, fittingly for the place of reunion, a pretty artsy crowd reunited there’s. If Everton, being an establishment for the rich and privileged, is a school of many school ‘princes’ and ‘princesses’ these guys are more like it’s rock stars. There’s Pete, the guy who's a virtuoso with a Synth and a mixing program, who makes some pretty cool tunes, some of them even got on radio (although whether it is because of their professional quality or the fact his family name carries influence...). There’s Mike, the guy who’s been secretary of the student council for the last two years and also he’s pretty good at finding talent and arranging events There’s Angela Lacroix, rebellious heir to one of the biggest families in town, debate team star and self styled poet and writer….

And of course there’s Jack Sheffield, musician, artist, expert, .. or whatever he’s feeling at the moment.. As we find him in that crowd, he’d got a finger pointed at him. That’s the finger of Dario ‘Bested’ Ranno, a new exchange student italian pretty boy. He sneers, stading a dictionary in hand
“You take two rhymes and a beat. I’ll outdo you anytime.”
Gasp, quite the chalenge

With such breathtaking suspese, no one seems to be paying too much attention to the other occupant of the room, Noah sitting in in his corner of his favorite art workshop. Except.. for one willowy girl who has quietly came in and look curiosuly at the fruit of his labot for a few minutes before finaly asking
"Hi. What are you drawing ?"
------------------------

Catherine Wells and Melanie Finch

The gymnasium is not unlike the rest of the school, there's something that feels old and grand about ti. It’s large and there's something impresive to it with it’s large glass panels over the bleachers and grand empty space with one hell of a reat echo. It kinda feel like one of those huge trains tation halls that’d been turned into a gymnasium. , there’s a bit of history It can get a little chilly in the winters but right now the muted light of September evening shine through the large window, giving a particular nice shine sheen to the red and gold uniforms. It’ a nice evening for cheerleading practice.

“Lift that leg and spring and jump and...” This is a pretty simple routine you are doing there, even if the squad been training for a few weeks only by now this years, even the newbies sort of got it easil…. Woops.
There’s a bit of chaos and falling down. As a couple of girl. Seemed missed someone her cue.

“I apologize” That came from Helen Mire, the de facto second (or third,depending who you ask) in command of the squad. She’s looking, rather unusually for her, slightly embarrassed “But i’m afraid something require my attention. I have to ask to get away from practice early today”
“Why ?” Megan, the cheerleader captain, answers then, following an aside glance from Helen takes a small side look in direction of the gym door“Oh. is it about your job again ?”

“Allright. Just ty to make it so it doesn’t interfere so much, please” She sigh, but she can’t protest too much. After at least two other members of the squads (if not more) have many extracurriculars or another activity on the side of school, she can’t be too picky. Helen doesn't really bother to answer as she start heading for the locker room.
Megan shakes her head with a small sigh then claps her hand with a smile “Okay girls. This was a good workout and we’re almost outta time anyway” The squad leader clap her hand with a smile.

The outraged groan from coach Mel as she cut the radio in the background make it very clear she nonetheless disapprove. In fact you know when she has her way (more often than not), practice tend to stop late. That woman is a slave driver. There’s some grumbling from the girls, Helen has never been the most popular girl (she's kind of a bitch true be told) but, truth be told, a lot of it for the principle of it as a single glance at the time would confirm, it isn’t far from the clock striking the end of the practice anyway.

“And hey, the School new year party is soon. It’d be neat if we could organize something as a squad for the event. If anyone has an idea, come tell me. Otherwise, see you all Wednesday, 17: AM”
------------

Ariana

Is calmly and quielty reading a book in her dorm. The calm and quiet is pretty nice
------------

It’s a nice early-ish Autumn Moday evening, not too late yet, around 18 PM, what do you do ?

Well here we start.
I'm so so so sorry it took that long. if you are still willing to post, thank you for your patience.

To make it clear, the scene at the start is just... shall we say a little teaser of things to come. Right now you are in the scenes under.
Sorry if Ariana has such a short set up, but since neil crow hasn't had a lot of activity in a while... Well if he post, that's good. I'm the last one who can say anything about being flaky after all, so I'll still acount for him for now; We'll see.

Fri
2016-10-18, 10:18 AM
Jack put down the book he's reading and combs his hair back with both of his hands. He looks intensely at the Dario, with confident smile and face in three-quarters angle toward the challengers.

"Is that a challenge I hear? Usually I don't care for those kind of things, but lucky for you, I was thinking of practicing."

With a flourish, he draws... a small, strange-looking pan flute from his jacket pocket. "Larchemi." he says without anyone prompting, as he flicks his wrists to free them from the sleeves. He then comb his hair again, this time with just one hand. "Georgian traditional instrument. Not the state, the country. I doubt you've heard it before, but I'm pretty sure this will take off in the near future. You know me, always having my finger on the pulse of popular culture..."

He starts to blow what seems to be... a hip hop tune? With the small reed panflute? How do you know it's hip hop, because he starts to do a short rapping in between the fluting.

"...and nothing rhyme with orange
but I know it actually rhyme with Blorange... yo"

He points his finger at Dario, before putting his panflute back to his pocket.

"It's a mountain range in Wales." He nods at the onlookers.

Rolling to see if it actually works. Up to you what skill was used for this shenanigan :smallbiggrin:

[roll0]+whatever skill should be used

jamieth
2016-10-19, 10:15 AM
Catherine Wells

"Till Wednesday, then", Catherine nodded, then turned to the coach, "Miss {Lastname}, I'll stay and practice some more, if you don't mind? You can leave the key, I'll bring it when I'm done..." It's not that she was trying to look good in coach's eyes, but she did count on practice running late as it often did, and asked Gregory to meet her at 18:15; there was no reason to waste time until then.

Regardless of whether the coach trusted her with the key, she then sat on the floor, spread her legs and leaned forward, laying her chest flat on the floor. While stretching, thoughts raced through Catherine's mind. An event... something to help alleviate the all-too-common popular culture image of cheerleaders as vain and narcissistic bee's... (yes, she didn't use the full word, even in thought) It's certainly worth doing; need to see if my schedule would allow for participating in preparations. Probably reschedule some things...

Green Bean
2016-10-19, 05:08 PM
Noah Dixon

Noah looked down at his drawing, a wonderful, self-explanatory sketch (http://i.imgur.com/Cnd4ykL.jpg) that he'd been pouring his heart and soul into for the better part of half an hour. "Oh, this? I'm doing a still life of Jack over there. It's almost there, I think." He nodded as if nothing could be more straightforward.