PDA

View Full Version : DM Help 3.5 making and attaching golem limbs

Grimjaw
2016-10-18, 02:47 AM
Hello everybody.

I am fairly new in the DM role, but use this site a lot when i fall short, as i did this time.

One of my players is planning to exchange both the melee DPS and Thanks arms for Iron golem arms.
I understand that this is a possibility, But.....

What are the rules for making and attaching limbs to living people.
Any prerequest?

Is there a lovely book where this rules can be found, No we are not doing homebrew?

Lastly, it would be awesome to have som experienced players and DMs thoughts on pros and cons on having golem limbs.

Thank you all very much.

Thaneus
2016-10-18, 03:56 AM
updated MM2 mentions Half-Golem Template.
But it will utterly hurt the player, except he wants to play a NE all live slaying abomination, because he won't be able to get the save for 2 replaced limps that easy when take to early.
Also its LA - so it is not meant for PC.

Âmesang
2016-10-18, 08:48 AM
Can you only attach one arm? 'Cause I've the sudden urge to make TROGDOR, THE BURNiNATOR!!

LibraryOgre
2016-10-18, 11:13 AM
The Mod Wonder: Moved. Please post system-specific questions in the appropriate subforum.

Flickerdart
2016-10-18, 11:21 AM
Hello everybody.

I am fairly new in the DM role, but use this site a lot when i fall short, as i did this time.

One of my players is planning to exchange both the melee DPS and Thanks arms for Iron golem arms.
I understand that this is a possibility, But.....

What are the rules for making and attaching limbs to living people.
Any prerequest?

Is there a lovely book where this rules can be found, No we are not doing homebrew?

Lastly, it would be awesome to have som experienced players and DMs thoughts on pros and cons on having golem limbs.

Thank you all very much.

There's the Half-Golem template in Monster Manual 2, as mentioned, but it's not meant for player characters.

What you actually want are Grafts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?190350-Fleshwarping-A-List-of-Grafts-Symbionts-and-Related-Goodies). The book Faiths of Eberron lists Construct grafts, of which the Mighty Arms graft is right down your alley.