PDA

View Full Version : Most Broken Things in Serpent Kingdoms?

ChaoticDitz
2016-10-18, 01:37 PM
I know about Sarruhks, I know about Venomfire, and I know about the Tainted One mixture that kills you on a passed Fort save, but what other ridiculously broken nonsense exists in that book? I hear it's a gold mine.

Zaq
2016-10-18, 01:45 PM
I forget the specifics, but I seem to recall that there's some nonsense you can do with the Manyfang Dagger, just because it straight up multiplies damage by 4 on every hit with no extra effort required. Get some decent flat bonuses, and that adds up ridiculously fast. That might just be it on the face of it, or there might be something else that kicks it into overdrive.

This isn't broken, but I do love muckdwellers. If you can deal with the downsides of being Tiny (mainly a reach of 0' and a ridiculous penalty to carrying capacity), they're a fun way of getting a Tiny PC with no LA/RHD. (And everyone knows that they're both a playable race and an option for Improved Familiar, but that's less broken and more goofy and/or uncomfortable, depending on the tone of your games.)

ben-zayb
2016-10-18, 07:34 PM
The spell Ability Rip

barakaka
2016-10-18, 07:37 PM
I watched a Rogue/Paladin of Freedom use Smite and Craven with a ManyFang Dagger... He dealt some damage :smallwink:.

Darrin
2016-10-18, 07:39 PM
Venomfire for uncapped acid damage, +1d6/CL.

Sorry, didn't notice it already mentioned in the OP.

Soranar
2016-10-18, 07:43 PM
actually even the familiar choices are broken good in that book. They were probably meant for yuan ti only (just like other better familiars are only meant for large characters) but they kick ass at no cost.

a dung snake is medium size, it has 17 STR and DEX, fast healing multigrab and toughness. If you use alter self on it it can become an ape and it will kick even more ass

Exocist
2016-10-19, 05:52 AM
Were Greenscale Naga (or whatever they're called) in Serpent Kingdoms? The ones with the infinite-range telepathy?

EDIT: In addition to Ability Rip, there is a spell called "Trait Removal" in Serpent Kingdoms. It removes one EX or SU ability from a touched creature for a duration of 1 hour/level. Remove any drawback abilities :P

EDIT 2: I seem to remember what "Trait Removal" was actually for. For Monsters such as Sharn, Phaerimm, etc. that are immune to polymorphing or have a fixed form. You remove the ability "Fixed Form" to give them the ability to become other creatures.

Echch
2016-10-19, 10:55 AM
...No mention to the Nagahydra?
Come on guys, it "can cast one spell per round per head". And it already has 7 of those. Add Multiheaded to it and it can make the Beholder Mage cry in terms of action economy.

Seriously though, this book is on second place for me when it come to the most broken books (only beaten by Deities and Demigods and with Planar Handbook's an others edition-f**k-up taken out of the equation).

The Viscount
2016-10-19, 04:33 PM
Gape of the Serpent and Barbed stinger both open up a lot of power for those that take them.

Necroticplague
2016-10-19, 05:03 PM
Sewerms are the strongest creatures for their size category and HD amount if advanced to Large. Combined with their massive honking +20 racial bonus to grapple checks, and they make excellent lycanthropic forms for those who want to put their hands around someone's neck.