PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Rise of the Rune Lords: Misgivings, why shouldn't I assign more than one haunt to a P

Deca4531
2016-10-18, 04:41 PM
During this part of the adventure the book tells me to assign six categories of haunts to my players. However my group is only 3 players and myself. I have a healing NPC with them but I don't think I should I assign a haunt to him since they are mostly meant to tell the story of the mansion, and at the moment I can give them each two. It says I shouldn't assign one character more than a single category of haunt and that anything not assigned should become a universal hunt. Wouldn't this be harder on the group? Since these Universal Haunts affect everyone? Some of the haunts are very deadly, to include trying to commit suicide with a chunk of wood and throwing herself out of a window over a cliff. If these are Universal Haunts couldn't they kill the entire party?

Manyasone
2016-10-18, 08:20 PM
Well, the universal haunts can be stopped by a channel energy when the channeler wins perception and identifies the haunt