PDA

View Full Version : Comics Amara And/Or Chuck Shurley (Supernatural) In Marvel Comics

ArlEammon
2016-10-18, 06:56 PM
"God", Chuck Shurley, from Supernatural has been placed in Marvel Comics. I want to see how powerful he would be in Marvel Comics. Or The Darkness instead. The special effects of Supernatural generally isn't high quality enough to show huge feats of power, but it isn't a low powered verse by any means. How far up the latter would they (God and Darkness) be in Marvel Comics.

Foeofthelance
2016-10-19, 12:50 AM
Probably mid to top tier. Amara didn't really have much special going for her aside from raining destruction down on Chuck's creations and plague-killing the occasional town. Likewise, Chuck is pretty powerful having created an entire universe, but he doesn't really seem to have a conflict oriented mentality. On a scale of "Single Title Story Arc" to "Major Summer Crossover Event" they probably rank somewhere around "Yearly X-titles crossover". Powerful enough to tie a couple of books together, not so powerful the rest of the universe notices they exist.

Olinser
2016-10-20, 07:52 PM
"God", Chuck Shurley, from Supernatural has been placed in Marvel Comics. I want to see how powerful he would be in Marvel Comics. Or The Darkness instead. The special effects of Supernatural generally isn't high quality enough to show huge feats of power, but it isn't a low powered verse by any means. How far up the latter would they (God and Darkness) be in Marvel Comics.

Depends how much you want to speculate and how much you take the word of other characters for.

Purely from what we saw in the show Chuck doesn't actually use any particularly spectacular powers. About the extent of what we saw on-screen was teleportation, resurrection, and future sight. Nothing you couldn't find on dozens of other characters already in Marvel. He'd be low-mid tier based on what was actually shown on the show.

So then the question becomes where exactly Marvel wants to put him based on what other characters say about them. Sure, Chuck created the universe, but could he destroy it if he wanted? Debatable.

For instance, Chuck is unambiguously much more powerful than Lucifer or Michael, and according to pretty much every character in the Supernatural verse, a fight between those 2 would have explicitly devastated the planet. So if we take that as true, Chuck is definitely at planet-destroying power at a minimum.

However, given his personality, I doubt very much if they're actually going to put him in any kind of direct combat. If they're going to use him its much more likely he'll just be as a non-combat figure who manipulates/answers questions and whatnot.

ArlEammon
2016-10-20, 08:06 PM
It has been stated it would take ten thousand supernovas to destroy Amara.

Foeofthelance
2016-10-21, 11:28 PM
To destroy Amara. That's not the same thing as simply wiping her from existence, permalocking her into another prison dimension, brainwashing her into an inescapable mental trap, or any of the various loophole defeats regularly handed out to comic book villains. Marvel is the sort of place where Scarlet Witch could get pissed of and scream, "No more Gods!", leaving Amara to a life of working at Starbucks right next to Thor. Doctor Strange would probably find someway of recreating the Mark of Cain to put her back in stasis, while the Avengers would stand their ground until Tony could build the Kilanova Machine and zap her powers away. These are the same people who tangle with Thanos and Galactus. Fighting God-tier entities is nothing new to them.

observer guy
2017-04-18, 07:29 AM

While never watching Supernatural, I have some info on these characters based off Youtube videos and what people say about them. Personally I feel if Amara was in Marvel, she would beat Eternity's butt since that's pretty much all that character is ever used for in a story. To show off some new threat and have everyone be in awe on how strong this new character is. The rest of the MCU is debatable. The majority of the cosmic beings in Marvel don't do anything outside of thinking highly of themselves, doing some minor work and implied power. Even those who we do get to see kick butt, their feats are rarely ever on some grand scale.

For example the most Kurse has ever lifted up in the comics that I've seen was a car. We just know he's strong based off of statements/bio and the fact he can whoop Thor's butt. Kingdom Come Superman the biggest thing he's ever done was move a giant plow, but we know he's strong based off of bio and the fact he's clearly superior to characters on Superman's level and Clarke himself. Ditto with Gog and Doomsday and the list goes on.