PDA

View Full Version : I'm Suicidal and need help.

Some Android
2016-10-18, 08:03 PM
I'm suicidal and need help, but I don't have the money for treatment. I don't have any friends so I can't ask anyone in real life for help. My environment is really harmful, and I need an out.

I don't want to die, but see no other way out.

veti
2016-10-18, 08:11 PM
Depending where you are, there probably exist support groups who will do everything they can to help you. No charge.

I don't know what country you're in, but the US has the AFSP (https://afsp.org/find-support/im-having-thoughts-of-suicide/), the UK has Samaritans (http://www.samaritans.org/) (who to my knowledge also have branches in most commonwealth countries), and most developed countries have at least one such service. Give them a call.

golentan
2016-10-18, 08:13 PM
Please consider checking in to a hospital: they can't turn you away if you're in crisis and there's only so much we can do remotely. I had to do that myself earlier this year.

If you're not willing to make that step, I'd suggest 1-800-273-8255, the national suicide prevention hotline if you're in the US. They will listen and talk to you as long as you need.

And... I wish I could offer more, but virtual hugs if you want them.

NotStormblessed
2016-10-18, 08:30 PM
Depending where you are, there probably exist support groups who will do everything they can to help you. No charge.

I don't know what country you're in, but the US has the AFSP, the UK has Samaritans (who to my knowledge also have branches in most commonwealth countries), and most developed countries have at least one such service. Give them a call.

Would they be fine if I just contacted them and, well, talked about the jazz that's gone on in this horrible comedy known as my life? Or is it just for talking you out of imminent suicide? In the living situation I'm in, there's nobody I can really talk to about things like this. I've been suicidal for twoish months and talking is really a great outlet.

Giggling Ghast
2016-10-18, 08:36 PM
Depending on where you are, here is a site detailing Suicide helplines around the world.

http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

There's another website you can read if you're considering suicide that may help:

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

Would they be fine if I just contacted them and, well, talked about the jazz that's gone on in this horrible comedy known as my life? Or is it just for talking you out of imminent suicide? In the living situation I'm in, there's nobody I can really talk to about things like this. I've been suicidal for twoish months and talking is really a great outlet.

I believe you can just talk to the Samaritans. According to their website, you don't need to be suicidal - just going through difficulty.

Goodkill
2016-10-18, 10:09 PM
it's good you don't want to die. i've struggled with suicidality. if you need someone to talk to i'm often online. you can go to: https://www.suicideforum.com/community/

there is a chat room at that website that often has visitors.

edit: i go by "Afterlifepig" on that site but there are usually plenty of people to chat with

Eldest
2016-10-19, 12:28 PM
I've been in the hospital. They've got state funds (at least in NC) to cover people that can't pay. (And quite frankly they never took my ID until I got discharged, but I've got the feeling my admittance was very much not standard). They really do help if you're in a crisis. If you're not, I suggest one of the other groups.

Swenner
2016-10-21, 03:16 AM
I hope you managed to find some help.

Some Android
2016-11-09, 04:21 PM
So I was in the hospital for about 9 days. I got out almost 2 weeks ago. I'm better but not 100%. Anyone want to chat this thread is fine or PM me. I also have a steam account: MTQ1984.

No one's obligated to talk to me, but I do feel I need to vent.

Lentrax
2016-11-09, 04:52 PM
If you need to vent. If you need someone who is in no position to judge or look down upon anyone. If you need to talk to someone who will listen.

I am here. Feel free to PM me.

Bucky
2016-11-09, 10:32 PM
Welcome back. I'm glad you're feeling better.

dinovo29
2016-11-11, 09:08 AM
There are billions of people who, even though they don't know you, wish you to get better and not do it. What can I say mate, I've been there... and you'll be a stronger version of yourself after this. Have good intentions and at least you will be able to take refugee on yourself. If THEY are evil but you haven't done anything wrong... it's just a matter of time till you get better. I'm sure you'll find a phone number to call, wherever you are. Let's do it man, we'll have plenty of time to not exist, enjoy this little paradise, and WRITE DOWN EVERY positive thing in your life (are you young? healthy? have shelter? food? music exists!)

Artman77
2016-11-11, 03:53 PM
There are billions of people who, even though they don't know you, wish you to get better . . . WRITE DOWN EVERY positive thing in your life (are you young? healthy? have shelter? food? music exists!)
^This.

Three or four things that have been shown to help with depression:

Exercise
Watching the sun come up
Being thankful (--which is part of why I quoted dinovo's post)
Helping someone else

The first two are scientifically shown to help, there have been studies on it. The second two are things I have done when I was down, and have been helpful to me in the past. As a fifth thing I would mention God. Some people find Him helpful. Food for thought.

Some Android
2016-11-11, 08:36 PM
are you young? have shelter? food?

Yeah but theses things seem more of a hazard as of late. I'm in a living situation I'm not 100% sure on and I don't know how to get out. It's a long story and I'm not sure how much to get into here. I'd just like to have independence while I'm still young and in my twenties but I don't seem to have that where/how I'm living.

Lawful Good
2016-11-13, 12:33 AM
I'm rooting for you. There's always tomorrow. If your environment is harmful, you need out. It doesn't matter if you hurt feelings or anything, because your life is more important than that.

Some Android
2016-11-13, 10:35 AM
I'm rooting for you. There's always tomorrow. If your environment is harmful, you need out. It doesn't matter if you hurt feelings or anything, because your life is more important than that.

True, but I'm unemployed and have basically no income, and I'm not sure if I qualify for some sort of shelter or foster program or how long it'll take to get into one. That plus the fact I feel my caregiver would try and stop it. I also don't really know anyone who could look after me for an extended period of time until I get back on my feet.

I just feel blocked at all angles.

8BitNinja
2016-11-13, 10:35 AM
I'm going to sound like a broken record, but just remember that there are people who love you. If you want to talk more, PM me. If you don't want to do that I can friend you on Steam.