PDA

View Full Version : WH40K Deathwatch character questions

Lord Gehnvaar
2016-10-19, 07:40 AM
Hi everyone, I have a small question, Is it possible for a space marine to dual wield Strombolters (aka twin bolter)? I also would like to know if any GMs would allow or ban such character :P

Labelos
2016-10-20, 08:31 PM
The assault marine can get Two-weapon Wielder (Ballistic) at rank one, and the tactical marine can get it at rank 5. You can use them one handed, but I can't remember why. Yes, you can dual wield storm bolters. You would need a lot of requisition, but there is no reason to ban it.

Lord Gehnvaar
2016-10-21, 08:18 AM
Yeah, i guessed that I would need a lot of requirements. Anyways, thanks for clearing that up :smallbiggrin:

Tyrrell
2016-11-23, 04:39 PM
I think that it's a bit over the top in that it is "brokenly" (always a matter of opinion) good but the rules are fine with it.

It's your sense of good taste that should hold you back.

Beleriphon
2016-11-23, 05:26 PM
I think that it's a bit over the top in that it is "brokenly" (always a matter of opinion) good but the rules are fine with it.

It's your sense of good taste that should hold you back.

"Kill the Xenos" knows no bounds of good taste Heretic!

The Glyphstone
2016-11-26, 12:03 AM
It's certainly not any more broken than, say, a Heavy Bolter with specialty ammunition. Deathwatch, like every other 40K RPG, is literally a game of fully-automatic rocket tag, so your specific weapon isn't going to matter that much.

Tyrrell
2016-11-29, 05:59 PM
It's certainly not any more broken than, say, a Heavy Bolter with specialty ammunition.

Storm bolter dual wielded is two semi automatic attacks at 1d10+9 penetration 4 with tearing and storm (with a penalty to accuracy)

Heavy bolter is a single full auto attack at 1d10 +12 penetration 5 with tearing

Any fancy ammo would be cheaper for the storm bolter and make the same changes to both weapons. Talents like bolter mastery and mighty shot will have a greater effect on the paired weapons. The storm bolters work with the bolter assault attack pattern (a favorite of players everywhere) while heavy bolter won't.

The storm quality literally doubles the number of hits, that means twice as dice of damage and twice as many opportunities to use tearing to get righteous fury bonus damage. In my opinion the storm bolters are somewhat more broken.