Level: Assassin 4, Blackguard 4, ranger 4
Components: V,S,
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Long (400 ft. +40 ft./level); see text
Target: One Creature
Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will Negates; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

With this spell, you become an unerring tracker, instantly aware of your quarry's location whenever it's on the move.

The implacable pursuer spell give you the direction and distance to the target creature whenever it finishes a turn more than 10 feet away from where it started. If you are a ranger, you apply your favored enemy bonus to the DC of the Will save.
Once you successfully target a creature with implacable pursuer, you know it's location as long as the subject is moving, no matter where it goes on the same plane. Even if it leaves the plane, implacable pursuer tells you what plane the subject creature went to. The spell then provides no further information until you and the subject creature are on the same plane, in which case the spell resumes functioning normally.

Just wanna clarify, 'cause i'm gonna spring this on my DM tonight to try to find someone that we've been looking for for like 3 sessions. (we're on an island with only one town, and we know he's there somewhere, but we can't find him, he keeps hiding, wether in the town or underground, we're not sure)

Do I need to be able to see the target, or know where he is when I cast the spell, or have any specific component of his, (like I would if I cast "marked object")?

If the target is not moving, can I still target him? does the spell end if he stops moving?

Are there any other restrictions that are not specified?

please and thanks

dave / that wolf guy

The_Snark
2007-07-11, 01:24 PM
Just wanna clarify, 'cause i'm gonna spring this on my DM tonight to try to find someone that we've been looking for for like 3 sessions. (we're on an island with only one town, and we know he's there somewhere, but we can't find him, he keeps hiding, wether in the town or underground, we're not sure)

Do I need to be able to see the target, or know where he is when I cast the spell, or have any specific component of his, (like I would if I cast "marked object")?

Nope, he just has to be within the spell range when you first cast it.

If the target is not moving, can I still target him? does the spell end if he stops moving?

Are there any other restrictions that are not specified?

please and thanks

dave / that wolf guy

It doesn't end; you just don't keep getting information until he moves again. Of course, you still know where he ended his last movement. You can target him while he's not moving, but you won't gain any information immediately.

thatwolfguy
2007-07-11, 01:48 PM
You can target him while he's not moving, but you won't gain any information immediately.

Will I know if he made the save - if he's not moving when I target him, for instance, therefore I get no info right away - Will I know if I was sucessful, or will I think maybe he made the save?

Leon
2007-07-11, 09:28 PM
Its Inevitable