PDA

View Full Version : 3.P Theoretical Sorcerer build. What to do for level 20 ?

Grim Reader
2016-10-19, 01:34 PM
So I'm just horsing around, and came up with a character concept that I found interesting. Maybe I'll play it someday. It is a fallen Dragon cursed/blessed to existence as a fragile mammalian human, with only a shadow of its might remaining. Sorcery and minor shapeshifting basically.

(Mechanics, Changeling, Racial Emulation:Kobold, Dragonwrought. Requires one extra feat at level 1)

So it'll be a Sorcerer, using at least one Kobold +1 sorcerer casting device. Level 20 casting at level 19 or earlier. So...what to do with level 20 ? Or any pre-epic levels after hitting level 20 casting?

Pyromancer999
2016-10-19, 04:59 PM
Why not just go Loredrake Dragonwrought Kobold with the Greater Rite of Draconic Passage for spellcasting of Sorcerer Level + 3? Granted, you can potentially do the same thing with the base you've got, but doesn't need flaws.

But with that base, you can go Dragonblood Sorcerer 10/Dragonheart Mage 10 and still be 1 Sorcerer level of spellcasting ahead. If you wanted more draconic power, can toss in Dracolexi 4-5 for power from Draconic words. Keeps you at full sorcerer casting.

Grim Reader
2016-10-20, 03:12 AM
Why not just go Loredrake Dragonwrought Kobold with the Greater Rite of Draconic Passage for spellcasting of Sorcerer Level + 3? Granted, you can potentially do the same thing with the base you've got, but doesn't need flaws.

Then I'd have to play a Kobold. The concept of a dragon that retains some of the shape shifting powers and magic is more appealing to me. Dragonheart Mage is interesting, but loses spellcasting on the way. I don't think I fully explained myself in the OP, I'd be playing through the levels relying on being ahead of the Sorcerer curve in casting.

However, at some point I would hit level 20 casting, somewhere around level 17-19. So what to do with a Sorcerer who can't up his casting any further for the last levels? Sand Shaper is an old standby, I suppose. But there has to be other options out there.