PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer - Challenge question?

dartanous
2016-10-19, 02:52 PM
I have a question regarding challenges and lone characters. There is a lone hero on his own, and he gets charged by a whole unit. If this lone character declares a challenge, and it gets accepted, are they in a challenge with no other being able to fight him, or can the other models in base contact fight him, since they have nothing else to fight?

It is like this in 40k I think, but I am not sure regarding fantasy (8th edition).

Wraith
2016-10-20, 06:43 AM
In the situation that you describe above, the answer is yes; only the Challenger and the Challengee will roll attacks for the duration of the challenge (Page 102 and 103 of the 8th edition rulebook). The rest of the unit is, essentially, pinned in place until one of the characters is killed.

It's potentially a good way for a lone character to avoid being steam-rolled by a huge unit.... though why your opponent would accept the challenge under such circumstances instead of refusing and then just clubbing your guy to death with a dozen ogres, I'm not really sure. :smalltongue: