PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Making a creature count as human?

ShiningCrusader
2016-10-19, 03:25 PM
Hello everyone. i have a quick question, is there anyway to gain the humanoid (human) type on another race though traits/feats?

Spore
2016-10-19, 03:53 PM
Adopted: You were adopted and raised by someone not of your race, and raised in a society not your own. As a result, you picked up a race trait from your adoptive parents and society, and may immediately select a race trait from your adoptive parents' race.

You just choose the creature type racial trait then.

darkrose50
2016-10-19, 03:54 PM
Hello everyone. i have a quick question, is there anyway to gain the humanoid (human) type on another race though traits/feats?

Become adopted by humans (trait). I would ask the DM if she would allow you to take the Additional Trait Feat (?), and pick Adopted (?) as one of your Traits.

Tuvarkz
2016-10-19, 04:01 PM
Half-Elves and Half-Orcs already count as humans for stuff, Aasimar, Tiefling, and the elemental races (Undines and rest) have all an alternate racial trait for it.

ShiningCrusader
2016-10-19, 04:06 PM
You just choose the creature type racial trait then.

so wait.. you can use adopted trait to gain human's (humanoid (human)) type? just that easy? by RAW?

Palanan
2016-10-19, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by ShiningCrusader
so wait.. you can use adopted trait to gain human's (humanoid (human)) type? just that easy? by RAW?

I don't think it grants you the full racial type, just the ability to select a racial trait.

ShiningCrusader
2016-10-19, 05:30 PM
I don't think it grants you the full racial type, just the ability to select a racial trait.

well, is it possible to use adopted to get elf blood from half elves, so i could be treat as a elf and more importantly human?

Palanan
2016-10-19, 06:01 PM
I don't think the Adopted trait allows you to get anything but another racial trait. Remember, you're adopted, not given a blood transfusion. :smalltongue:

Extra Anchovies
2016-10-19, 11:17 PM
There is an annoyingly important distinction to be made here between [racial traits] and [race] traits. The former is whatever innate abilities a race grants, such as ability score adjustments. The latter is a type of trait (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits).

The best solution to this silly confusion-breeding similarity is to rename [racial traits] as Race Features, because they're like the "class features" granted by your choice of race.