PDA

View Full Version : Index Star Wars Theory : Snoke is Snoke

ArlEammon
2016-10-19, 07:33 PM
Snoke looks like Snoke. Snoke acts like Snoke and talks like Snoke. During Snoke's introduction, Snoke's music is played. New Star Wars theory. Snoke is Snoke.

Snoke is Snoke shaped.

LokeyITP
2016-10-19, 09:02 PM
Put a little more work into it and you'll get to Theory: Gregor Clegane and Sandor Clegane are brothers level of snark (language warning if you find the thread on westeros.org ) :)

Giggling Ghast
2016-10-19, 11:00 PM
quit messin' with my mind, man

An Enemy Spy
2016-10-19, 11:24 PM
Oh please. Aside from a superficial appearance, name even one real similarity Snoke has to Snoke. I'm, all for wacky theories but this one is just stupid.

Dire Moose
2016-10-19, 11:25 PM
Seriously, I don't get why Snoke somehow can't just be an original character.

An Enemy Spy
2016-10-19, 11:35 PM

Because that's not very exciting to speculate about on the internet. Theories are all about trying to find out information the author is hiding from you. Snoke is presented in the movie as an original character, therefore calling him an original character isn't a theory, it's just an observation.

Dienekes
2016-10-19, 11:48 PM
Oh please. Aside from a superficial appearance, name even one real similarity Snoke has to Snoke. I'm, all for wacky theories but this one is just stupid.

Easy, Snoke is all gangly, creepy, really old and pale looking, right? Well, who else is gangly, creepy, really old and pale looking? That's right Smeagol. And who plays Smeagol? The same actor who plays Gollum. And who does that actor also portray? Snoke. So clearly you can see that Snoke is an illusion to the famous role of the actor who they have who is also played Snoke. Quid pro quo di ipso pluribus unum Snoke looks like the actor who plays Snoke. An obvious similarity.

ryuplaneswalker
2016-10-20, 12:19 AM

Well because we have a mysterious Sith Lord show up out of no where when the only Sith Lord we haven't seen get murdered was Plaguis who we were told was dead by a guy who spent 50% of his screen time peddling bullcrap.

Callos_DeTerran
2016-10-20, 01:33 AM
Nice theory, but needs more Snoke.

Androgeus
2016-10-20, 06:24 AM
The hologram is obviously just Snoke and mirrors for whoever the real sith Lord is.

-D-
2016-10-20, 09:34 AM
Alternative theory: Snoke is actually Snoke from 0.1 seconds in the past, that uses enhanced prediction abilities to behave like he lives in present. This is how all normal humans function, because sensory input travel at a limited speed.

Kantaki
2016-10-20, 09:42 AM
:smallbiggrin:Clearly Snoke is the love-child of Palpatine and Jar Jar, raised and trained by Boba Fett and Darth Maul on the remnants of Alderaan.:smalltongue:

tonberrian
2016-10-20, 09:42 AM
Snoke is not Snoke. Snoke can't be Snoke, because he's actually Snoke.

Leewei
2016-10-20, 10:55 AM
New Star Wars theory. Snoke is Snoke.

Star Wars has cribbed a number of things from cinema classics. Look at Vader's Frankenstein's monster shamble when he woke up in his suit the first time.

Snoke has only appeared as a hologram. His appearance is an homage to Oz; the man behind the curtain won't be physically like him.

An Enemy Spy
2016-10-20, 01:12 PM
:smallbiggrin:Clearly Snoke is the love-child of Palpatine and Jar Jar, raised and trained by Boba Fett and Darth Maul on the remnants of Alderaan.:smalltongue:

I'm pretty sure JJ Abrams revealed that in an interview already.

An Enemy Spy
2016-10-20, 01:14 PM
Alternative theory: Snoke is actually Snoke from 0.1 seconds in the past, that uses enhanced prediction abilities to behave like he lives in present. This is how all normal humans function, because sensory input travel at a limited speed.

Seeing as how it requires a tiny amount of time for light and sound to reach us and for our brains to process that sensory information, aren't all of technically living in the past? An now that I've quoted you I see you already addressed that with white text.

-D-
2016-10-20, 01:40 PM
Seeing as how it requires a tiny amount of time for light and sound to reach us and for our brains to process that sensory information, aren't all of technically living in the past? An now that I've quoted you I see you already addressed that with white text.
You've been Snoked!

kraftcheese
2016-10-21, 03:26 AM
Star Wars has cribbed a number of things from cinema classics. Look at Vader's Frankenstein's monster shamble when he woke up in his suit the first time.

Snoke has only appeared as a hologram. His appearance is an homage to Oz; the man behind the curtain won't be physically like him.
Could be true! Do you have any theories? An existing SW character, or someone entirely new?

Ceiling_Squid
2016-10-21, 02:12 PM
Ahahahaaaaaa...

Seriously, though. I'm sick of Snoke "theory" clickbait. It's the worst kind of "we have no substantial info with which to write an article, so let's just make **** up for ad revenue. Maybe this random anonymous online post can somehow be newsworthy!"

Well done, OP. You are the tautological hero we deserve.

ryuplaneswalker
2016-10-21, 06:02 PM
So what if Snoke..isn't a force user at all and is just being a giant troll.

-D-
2016-10-21, 06:09 PM
Snoke is Snoke.

He is brother of Darth Coke.

Porthos
2016-10-21, 07:51 PM
Well because we have a mysterious Sith Lord show up out of no where when the only Sith Lord we haven't seen get murdered was Plaguis who we were told was dead by a guy who spent 50% of his screen time peddling bullcrap.

FWIW, Snoke is not a Sith Lord.

As of right now, the Sith died when Palps was thrown down that reactor core. Doesn't mean there can't be new darkside users out there running around, of course. Much like there are other lightsiders running around besides the Jedi, both in the old and new continuities.

ryuplaneswalker
2016-10-21, 08:40 PM
FWIW, Snoke is not a Sith Lord.

As of right now, the Sith died when Palps was thrown down that reactor core. Doesn't mean there can't be new darkside users out there running around, of course. Much like there are other lightsiders running around besides the Jedi, both in the old and new continuities.

Dude shows up and teaches Ren about the Dark Side has been around long enough to see Palps take over and get rekt. Snoke is a Sith Lord. I would love some non Jedi and Sith force users...but I am not buying that this guy ain't a Sith until I see hard evidence that he isn't. Not that me being wrong won't be pleasant since between "SECKRET SITH LORD" and The Spoilery bits involving Ren Force Awakens managed to kill any hope I had for the franchise off.

Keltest
2016-10-21, 09:46 PM
Dude shows up and teaches Ren about the Dark Side has been around long enough to see Palps take over and get rekt. Snoke is a Sith Lord. I would love some non Jedi and Sith force users...but I am not buying that this guy ain't a Sith until I see hard evidence that he isn't. Not that me being wrong won't be pleasant since between "SECKRET SITH LORD" and The Spoilery bits involving Ren Force Awakens managed to kill any hope I had for the franchise off.

"The Sith" is a fairly specific ideology, not to mention a very exclusive organization. Going from the movies, there literally cannot be a "hidden" Sith Lord because of their own rules. There is only a Master (Palpatine) and an Apprentice (Vader), and both were destroyed simultaneously. Anyone else is not a Sith, by definition, although they could be imitators or liars who take the name without actually being a part of the organization, or minions who are loyal to them but not actually Sith themselves.

Porthos
2016-10-21, 10:15 PM

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/702992374188875776
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/734067228241334272
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/768118233899696128 (about Kylo Ren)

There's much more like that, but I don't feel like trawling through Twitter to dig them all out. :smallsmile:

As for your second point, one of the main thrusts of Star Wars: Rebels IS to explore the Force outside of the Jedi/Sith dichotomy. Dave Filoni, head honcho of Rebels, has made it quite clear that he wants to explore more takes on the Force. The sequel trilogy seems to be going on the same path.

So maybe a little more faith, eh? :smallwink:

ryuplaneswalker
2016-10-22, 07:16 AM
So maybe a little more faith, eh?

Pfft I lost all faith in star wars in the first 15 minutes of TOR.

Ceiling_Squid
2016-10-22, 03:21 PM
Pfft I lost all faith in star wars in the first 15 minutes of TOR.

Well, that's your opinion.

An Enemy Spy
2016-10-22, 03:23 PM
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/star-wars-darth-vader-sixth-scale-feature-1000763.jpg

Anonymouswizard
2016-10-23, 09:09 AM
Snoke is Snoke shaped.

You know what is also shaped like itself?

A crocodile.

Snoke is a crocodile.

I actually like this idea. Or rather that Snoke does legitimately know a lot about the force, but isn't a force user himself and keeps Ren around so he has some force power.

Yora
2016-10-23, 09:19 AM

Because Snoke being Darth Plageous would make sense and also make Nu Wars somewhat interesting.

Star Wars has always been about highly improbable coincidences of people running into each other in a huge galaxy. This would have been an opportunity to continue this tradition.

Keltest
2016-10-23, 09:49 AM
Because Snoke being Darth Plageous would make sense and also make Nu Wars somewhat interesting.

Star Wars has always been about highly improbable coincidences of people running into each other in a huge galaxy. This would have been an opportunity to continue this tradition.

But... isn't Plagueis dead?

An Enemy Spy
2016-10-23, 10:36 AM
But... isn't Plagueis dead?

Of course not. Darth Plagueis was Han Solo, secretly guiding Luke to take revenge on the apprentice who betrayed him. With Palpatine dead, he set about trying to revive the Sith, using his dark power to manipulate his son into destroying Luke's new Jedi Order and grooming him to become his successor. Kylo Ren's final test was to "kill" his father, and fall completely to the Dark Side. Remember, Plagueis knows the secret to cheating death, so his apparent end is anything but. Once Kylo Ren has overthrown Snoke, Plagueis will be able to pull his strings from behind the scenes, essentially becoming the shadow lord of the galaxy.

danzibr
2016-10-23, 04:48 PM
I have a student who's obsessed with Star Wars, refuses to admit Darth Maul came back as an android. I keep joking with him Han Solo is coming back.

Callos_DeTerran
2016-10-23, 06:40 PM
I have a student who's obsessed with Star Wars, refuses to admit Darth Maul came back as an android. I keep joking with him Han Solo is coming back.

Well of course he's arguing with you about that foolishness!

Darth Maul came back as a cyborg, not an android. :smalltongue:

danzibr
2016-10-23, 07:13 PM
Well of course he's arguing with you about that foolishness!

Darth Maul came back as a cyborg, not an android. :smalltongue:
Haha, right. My bad :P

JoshL
2016-10-23, 08:15 PM
Snoke was the name of his sled.

Callos_DeTerran
2016-10-24, 01:32 AM
Haha, right. My bad :P

Apology accepted, you should apologize to that student with all due haste! :smallwink:

-D-
2016-10-24, 04:40 AM
My pet theory: Snoke is hologram of Snoke. Snoke in real life is Emperor sized.

Quild
2016-10-24, 05:00 AM
I always assumed that what wasn't told in Sidious' story was that he was himself the apprentice who killed the master.

I guess Plagueis could have survived somehow thanks to his researches, but Sidious was probably unaware of that.
I like those characters who just can't stay dead in a manga because they have reached immortality (Desty Nova from Gunnm and Orochimaru from Naruto in particular).

My pet theory: Snoke is hologram of Snoke. Snoke in real life is Emperor sized.
Wasn't this shown at the end of the movie? The hologram part at least.

danzibr
2016-10-24, 06:58 AM
Apology accepted, you should apologize to that student with all due haste! :smallwink:
I think I used the right word in class. In fact, I think I referred to Darth Maul as a "spider cyborg."

Starbuck_II
2016-10-24, 09:55 AM

Darth Plageous was 3 ewoks in a cape the whole time. You can't really kill him because another trio of ewoks can become him. After last "death" they decided to lay low so to speak.

Snoke is also 3 ewoks in cape that is why there is a similarity. If you watch the ewok movies you can see that ewoks can use the force: though they call it magic.

Dienekes
2016-10-24, 10:26 AM
Darth Plageous was 3 ewoks in a cape the whole time. You can't really kill him because another trio of ewoks can become him. After last "death" they decided to lay low so to speak.

Snoke is also 3 ewoks in cape that is why there is a similarity. If you watch the ewok movies you can see that ewoks can use the force: though they call it magic.

This is either true or the perfect lie. The only way to disprove you would be to watch the Ewok movies. A fate so terrible no man of right mind has tried.

JoshL
2016-10-24, 11:03 AM
Hey, I LIKE the Ewok movies! And if you want a good crackpot theory, the ship they leave Endor in at the end of the second looks VERY similar to the ship Rey sees in her flashback...

Anonymouswizard
2016-10-24, 02:04 PM
Hey, I LIKE the Ewok movies! And if you want a good crackpot theory, the ship they leave Endor in at the end of the second looks VERY similar to the ship Rey sees in her flashback...

But that would mean... *gasp*

Rey is an Ewok on stilts!

An Enemy Spy
2016-10-24, 06:45 PM

That's just plain wrong. Snoke is 4 ewoks in a cape. That's why he's so tall.

danzibr
2016-10-24, 07:44 PM
Anyone read that Rey-is-a-wookie-and-her-real-name-is-Reybacca theory?

Dragonexx
2016-10-24, 07:59 PM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/99/EwokJedi-GatORW.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090709170251

-D-
2016-10-26, 04:02 AM
Wasn't this shown at the end of the movie? The hologram part at least.
Yes. We're (or at least I am) coming up with theories that boil down to a tautology that Snoke is Snoke.

I.e. theories that have no informational value.

ryuplaneswalker
2016-10-26, 07:27 AM
Well, that's your opinion.

Hey man, it is not my fault that the first thing the Sith Inquisitor headmaster guy does is murder a guy who was late to class. that ultimately pushed me over the edge of "The Sith and the Jedi are both idiots"

I actually like this idea. Or rather that Snoke does legitimately know a lot about the force, but isn't a force user himself and keeps Ren around so he has some force power.

I was honestly hoping in The force awakens Kylo would be a sort of Punk Rock Force user who learned how to use the force with the Star Wars equivalent of Message Boards or Reddit and was only looking for Luke cause he wanted to "Fight the baddest mofo there is" and thinks of both Jedi and Sith as useless old foggies.

NovenFromTheSun
2016-10-27, 05:51 PM
But if Snoke is Snoke...*gasp* then who's Snoke!?

An Enemy Spy
2016-10-28, 02:50 AM

It's you. You are Snoke.

-D-
2016-10-28, 04:09 AM
If all is one, one is Snoke. Then Snoke is also all, and also you.

ben-zayb
2016-10-28, 05:00 AM
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/star-wars-darth-vader-sixth-scale-feature-1000763.jpg

I find that post's lack of Snoke disturbing

Keltest
2016-10-28, 09:14 AM

We are all Kosh Snoke.

Starbuck_II
2016-10-28, 11:29 AM
Wait, doesn't that mean Snoke is Spartacus?

JoshL
2016-10-28, 11:52 AM
I'm Snoke and so is my wife

NovenFromTheSun
2016-11-02, 12:29 AM
It's you. You are Snoke.

So you found me out? Ren, take care of this nuisance.