PDA

View Full Version : New-Raynnverse ¦ Emerald City Knights ¦ IC

Raynn
2016-10-20, 03:45 PM
https://i.imgsafe.org/89f270b365.png

PROLOGUE

'Some Dreams Never Die'

The Emerald City on a day like any other...

The Paladin

The Paladin sloped low over the cityscape, readouts flickering in a stream of information across the edges of his HUD. Rudy had only been operating the armor in public for a short time, and most of his action had so far been little than these test flights that broke up days of R&D and board-meetings. He was sloping back, shooting over Council Island, between the edges of Bay Bridge, past the River Front in the direction of the Cannery.

It was about an hour into the test-flight (and not long before he'd need to quit it for a meeting) when he saw it . . .

The Wiz

The Wiz paused in his civilian clothing as he slung his knapsack with his gear over one shoulder. He and some folks had just popped open a private vault (himself, the Rigger, Street-Samurai, and Technomancer), and he'd just gotten far enough from his drop off point to be willing to check out his latest haul. Sadly it'd been an easy, quiet between big-jobs deal, a milk-run really, so said Haul wasn't massive. He glanced in the duffel bag. Within was an ancient reel-case for an incredibly rare film-reel of an old black and white animation, 'Magic Jill & The Steamboat of Theseus'. It'd sell for north of $50,000 he'd been assured, which wasn't too bad for a single run.

Then a few blocks over there came a sound . . .

Star Born

A hoodie and large glasses, such was the shield of the day. Stella Grant could no longer walk the streets of the Cannery without attracting the attention of far too many of the citizenry, and when she hadn't slept due to studying for midterms she didn't exactly feel like waltzing around in the spotlight. With the tiredness it was already enough effort to keep out the many many voices of cheerful tourists and college students around. All she wanted was some lucky charms cereal and enough instant coffee mix to get her through the next week of academic torture . . .

Then she heard the boom . . .

Pandora's Fox

Pandora's Fox, the woman, the myth, the legend... is currently standing in line at the ATM playing Pokémon GO a few blocks over from the Yellow Brick Row. For someone so frankly... bizarre she is having the most boring day, and she didn't even have any active assignments beyond her regular tweeting and blog posts, and her personal research topics of course.

Then ...

Ms. Green

You're IC will kick off once folks end up on the scene, so just wait a short bit. :smallsmile:

Everyone

The loud, heart-stopping sounds of an explosion and shattering glass along with the accompanying shock strike you all without warning. Within moments, a strange cloud of silvery mist blankets the area surrounding the nearby Yellow Brick Row, an outdoor shopping district. Just as panic and flight are about to take hold, the cloud begins to swirl without any evident prompting from the wind. It whips itself into a cyclonic mass, discharging what appear to be bolts of bluish lightning both within itself and outward around its immediate vicinity. Both blast and bolts subside and begin to dissipate before anyone (yourselves included) can arrive on the scene, leaving the dead and injured as the most immediate concern. The fleeing, panicked crowds and hopelessly jammed roads make you all the only first-responders available for the critically injured now.

To most of you this explosive event is little more than a series of detonations in the distance, a spiral of silver and blue light on the horizon of the cityscape, and the far off sounds of screaming.

To all of you, this is a life changing event.

What Do You Want Do?

ChronicLunacy
2016-10-20, 04:18 PM
Paladin

"How we doing, Rosie?" Rudy spoke into the helmet comm across his link with the supercomputer AI he'd designed and built himself. As he swooped low over the waterfront, drawing wide-eyed stares and a few shouts, he blink-clicked through a few of his HUD menus for status readouts as he turned out over the bay and soared over Council Island. The miniaturized cold-fusion reactor situated in the backpack of the armor that provided power to the plasma boot jets propelling his flight was running at peak efficiency for once, providing a clean 30% of maximum available power for comfortably sustained flight. The cooling system and emergency backups both appeared fine. "Paladin Armor Systems running at 97% efficiency. I would like to note that we have deviated from the flight plan you provided me, Rudy. I am receiving FAA alerts of an unidentified human flying object. I believe they are referring to us. A local helicopter news chopper has changed course to investigate, however our relative velocity should keep us out of visual detection range." reported Rosie calmly. Her voice carried little inflection, all-business, with that practice-perfect accent-neutral American voice style taught in acting classes.

Rudy, on the other hand, was still breathing a little fast with the excitement of actually being able to fly. "Let them get a couple of pictures if they can. We didn't exactly build the Paladin system to be stealthy. The whole point is to be seen." he needlessly reminded her. The armor automatically adjusted small steering flaps on his shoulders and legs as he made another turn, banking hard through the towers of Bay Bridge and around back toward the city's waterfront.

That's when a massive explosion lit up the screen in front of him, forcing the HUD to dim in order not to blind him with silver radiance. As he watched, the air over a nearby shopping district crowded with people whipped itself into a frenzied, unnatural kind of tornado spitting bolts of lightning and ripping the place apart. "Rudy, weather reports do not forecast this type of atmospheric disturbance for today. The conditions are not conducive to this type of violent anomaly." Rosie reported in his ear.

"A tornado in the middle of a sunny day. Right in the middle of the Yellow Brick Road. Where's Dorothy and Toto...?" he said as he adjusted course.

"I will warn the local witch population, Rudy." Rosie quipped.

"Funny, but there are probably people down there that need our help. It's time to see what this armor can do." he admonished.

"Yes, Rudy. Bringing Ladar array to full sensitivity. Filtering debris and smoke particles. Scanning local news sources and radio channels for information."

Paladin streaked over Yellow Brick Row and then abruptly brought himself to a hover above the densest area of damage, scanning the ground for people in need of rescue and both literal and proverbial fires that needed to be seen to. Once he had a bird's eye view of the situation he'd be able to categorize them and deal with them in order of severity.

Green Bean
2016-10-20, 05:35 PM
Pandora's Fox

Nora was in the middle of an investigation into allegations that GreenBank was discriminating against disabled customers, hence standing in line at their local branch, pretending to be a customer until her contact hopefully showed. Obviously, she wasn't a real customer - she kept her actual savings sewn into a mattress back at home where she'd at least know they were safe. The explosion changed her plans right quick. She bailed for the women's bathroom and changed in the stall before teleporting onto the bank's roof. If she was going to help, she didn't want to have to worry about revealing her powers to bystanders.

With a flourish, she stepped off the roof and teleported right onto the scene.

Fawkes
2016-10-20, 06:36 PM
The blast knocks Wiz right off his feet - if not by force, then by surprise. He bobbles the reel case, nearly dropping the reel case. He angrily shouts at no one in particular. "Ey, yo, what this is? Some of us tryin' to do biz here, yeah?" He dusts himself off and stands up, taking a moment to notice the magnificent swirling clouds forming above.

"Whoa..." He brings his goggles down over his eyes, and stares up in awe at the flashing lights of the storm. "Well, ain't that a shine."

He flicks his wrist and a small commlink appears in his palm. "Hoi, you lot seein' this? Brick Row lightin' up like Chinese frellin' New Year! This is freak, man! Oh, dren, it's comin' at me! It's gonna- It's gonna-" With a flick of his other wrist, a playing card appears in his other hand. With a panicked yell, he tosses both commlink and card in the air, and the two collide and explode a few feet overhead.

Wiz laughs, spinning as he dons his technicolor coat. He hadn't fully decided whether he was pulling a prank or a double-cross, but there was time to figure that out later. First order of business was finding out what that storm was all about. Second was figuring out how to profit from it.

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-20, 09:51 PM
Star Born, aka Stella Grant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21321507&postcount=7)
Hero Points: 1
Luck Points: 2
Conditions: None.

As the aftershocks rolled through the shops and boutiques of the Yellow Brick Row, she fished out her phone, fired a quick text to her foster mom, Jayne Grant. AEGIS would obviously respond, but she wanted to let Jayne know she was on site.

>>@Yellow Brick Row proceeding to epicenter of blast. Clearing access for Fire & Rescue.<<

She tucked the phone into the back pocket of her distressed jeans, pulled her hood back and dropped the groceries, a sonic boom rattled what was left of the windows as she took to the air. Airborne she was able to survey the damage, vehicles clogged the bypass from downtown. She reached with her telepathy, her mind skimming the surface thoughts of the survivors, the injured, the panicked.

A hundred voices echoed through Stella's thoughts, fear, frustration, anger and despair. A man wandered through the wreckage, images of his wife and daughter in his mind, an elderly woman crying, holding the hand of her husband protruding from the rubble, a child crying from it's car seat where his mother sat slumped over the steering wheel, blood running from her scalp dripping to the floor.

As she hovered above the intersection, she focused her psychic strength, and moved the vehicles blocking the bypass towards the side streets. If she could clear access routes to the downtown core, the EMT's, Fire and Rescue could get to the epicenter and begin to set up a triage area. She knew from her time with AEGIS, that she needed to take control, the bystanders needed to be identified, and assigned a task, if for nothing else than to keep them focused.

"I'm going to clear a path for the EMT's, Fire and Rescue. I need you," she pointed specifically to a dazed looking business man, his suit torn, and stained with concrete dust, and soot, but otherwise he appeared healthy, "to start helping the injured, get them somewhere off of the road, and away from any buildings that have been damaged by the blast."

My Array is currently set to Telekinesis 12, giving me the equivalent of 60 Strength out to 120'. Hopefully enough to move cars out of the way for emergency vehicles. My Accurate & Acute detect thoughts will inform me if anyone is in the vehicles that I am moving.

I will attempt to use Diplomacy to organize stragglers, to assist others who are suffering from shock, or non life threatening injuries. So here goes. [roll0].

Raynn
2016-10-21, 07:32 AM
The PaladinThe WizPandora's FoxStar BornMs. Green
Hero Points1/12/21/13/33/3
DamageUnharmedUnharmedUnharmedUnharmedUnharmed
ConditionsNoneNoneNoneNoneNone
ComplicationsRivalry - Maximilian Mars/MarsTech
Responsibility - Horizon Tech
Fame - Founder/CEO Horizon Technologies
Accident - Childhood Car AccidentFame (Nobody Meets The Wizard),
Obsession (The Great and Powerful),
Rivalry (Now You See Me, Now You Don’t),
Secret (Multiple Choice Past),
Secret (Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain)No Legal Identity,
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Bash The FashFame: Most Popular Freshman in ECU,
Motivation: Doing Good: Shine Bright like a Diamond,
Prejudice: Not easy being a Mind Reading Alien,
Relationship: Family & Friends,
Responsibility: It's too Easy to Cross the Line,
Rivalry: The People of Farside City no longer require a Queen,
Weakness: Sometimes it's just TOO LoudBoundaries,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The Yellow Brick Row

The thoroughfare was chaos. The long wide pedestrian area was now pockmarked with scattered debris, craters, and scattered glass. Where there had been bridges over the rare roads (so that traffic could cross the pedestrian street, the walkers passing over head on the bridges) there were now piles of unstable rubble where they had given way. Crushed or trapped below were the vehicles unlucky enough to be passing underneath at the time of the blast.

Paladin burst onto the scene second, just after Star Born had already begun organizing the obvious survivors. Her orders had mostly resulted in a dumbfounded dozen citizens carrying the bodies and people she recovered from the rubble, to set them down on rough ground a few scant feet from where they had been recovered. Star Born herself was moving rubble and shattered vehicles with every few moments but it was obvious that this was more a knee jerk response than a coordinated clearing effort. In the still thick dust and smoke, with the air filled with the sound of anguished screams and sirens, and her mind pressed in on by the voices of the terrified and dying, it was obvious that Star Born wouldn't be able to coordinate the rescue attempt alone.

As Paladin's LIDAR came up with little, unable to pierce the thick debris and intermittent chaos of gathering and fleeing civilians, Rosie spoke as she high-lighted Star Born "Rudy, tertiary target, non-hostile, Code-Name Star Born. One of Emerald City's rare super heroines. Telepath, telekinetic. Alien. I advise assisting her in clearing the rubble using your EM-Emitters. The Paladin system is not equipped for Triage or high-intensity scans through layers of concrete."

Paladin was still floating overhead, trying to get a bead on any sort of rational cause or super-villain, when Pandora's Fox popped into being a dozen feet or so from Star Born, startling the civilians who were still moving the injured.

Rosie chimed in again "That is Pandora's Fox- One moment-... Identity, unknown. Powers, unknown. Affiliation, unknown. The most we have are some scattered reports online and related testimonies. She could be related to whatever happened. It is unclear Rudy."

Nearly last, the Wiz comes over the ruins of a shattered bridge, his coat billowing in the wind "The Wiz, several contradictory reports of his affiliations. Some note that he is a criminal for hire, at least one account suggests he is an AEGIS agent, and another claims he is a member of the Freedom League sent back from the future to prevent the murder of the whole of the Freedom League by the Mayor... My apologies Rudy but there are substantial accounts of the Wiz and most of them read like young adult fantasy fiction. I cannot confirm he has received his N.E.W.T. qualification. He does, in fact, claim to be a wielder of 'awesome magics' to repeat one quote attributed to him. He is also a possible suspect or ally."

As these four heroes came into view of each other, stumbling through the river and helping those they came across, they were all in view of Star Born when she shifted a length of bridge off of asphalt to reveal a crater, and lying within it a teenage girl. There was a long pause and then one of the civilians moved to shift the body, since no one was going to check for the pulse of the girl who had a bridge dropped on her.

It was then that Ms. Green's eyes snapped open and she sat bolt upright in the small crater, surrounded by the four heroes and a dozen or so injured Emerald City citizens.

What Do You Do?

Green Bean
2016-10-21, 12:06 PM
For all her ostentatious flair, Pandora's Fox was all business when it came to the lifesaving part of her job. She flickered back and forth across the scene, porting people out from under the rubble where she could find them. She appeared to be prioritizing children and women first, though that was less out of gallantry and more the weight limit on her powers.

She paused a moment to notice that White Girl was intact, but quickly went back to work.

As requested, some Well-Informed rolls to be used going forward. Assuming I still remember how rolling works.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

ChronicLunacy
2016-10-21, 12:28 PM
Paladin

Well that was certainly a colorful collection of individuals helping out. It wasn't who he had envisioned approaching when he'd started this whole thing, but depending on how this turned out maybe they'd be good candidates for his...idea. What was he even going to call this? The New Freedom League would just piss people off. The Future Foundation was catchy, but kind of pompous... He'd think about it later.

Star Born seemed to know what she was doing, so Paladin didn't try to direct anything. He just picked a spot that seemed to need his help and got to work. "Full power to EM emitters, Rosie. And place a note that I should look into upgrading the sensors for deep scans." he said, noticing the bounce-back on his laser detection system from all the dust and debris in the air that was making everything fuzzy. His plasma thrusters lowered him toward the collapsed bridges, just over from where Star Born was working to clear the roadway and near to where Pandora's Fox was porting civilians out of the rubble.

Yes Rudy. Increasing fusion plant output to compensate for multiple major system use. Now running at 50% capacity. EM emitters charged and at your disposal. Caution: I do not recommend moving more than twenty-four tons at a time. They'd stress-tested the system to more than that, so Rudy wasn't particularly worried, but Rosie was just doing her job.

"Star Born, Pandora's Fox. Good to meet you both, despite the situation. I'm Paladin. I'm going to try to move as much of the metal walkway as I can, so heads up." he spoke through the suit's speakers, the electronics deepening and strengthening his voice to something heroic but unrecognizable to anyone that may have met him before.

Holding his hands up, the palms of his armor gauntlets glowed green and a hum suffused the twisted wreckage atop the trapped cars. There was a screech of metal, then a good portion of the mass shifted up and away. Paladin didn't say anything, his helmeted head bent to the task of keeping all of it contained within the magnetic field he'd created, and he flew the ungainly mass of metal off of the roadway and onto a clear spot free of cars or civilians.

Rudy, there is a civilian woman in a...crater. She may be injured. Rosie announced.

"Tag the location, Rosie. I'll get to her as soon as I can. Keep an eye on things while I...man, this is a lot heavier than I thought it would be." Rudy strained as he set the debris down in a clearing.

Moving up to 48 tons (with Concentration) of rubble and debris so that the others can free the trapped cars.

Fawkes
2016-10-21, 12:44 PM
Wiz watches incredulously as the girl crushed by a bridge sits back up. "Whoa.... wicked." Ignoring the gathered superheroes and overall chaos and destruction, he slides down the crater, having made his decision on what was the most interesting thing here. He squats down next to Green. "Yo, that was some wild escape trick, yeah?" He extends his hand in an offer to help her up. "Don't worry, I ain't gonna ask ya to reveal your tricks. I gotta know, though - you a good witch or a bad witch?"

smuchmuch
2016-10-21, 05:19 PM
The girl in green

..blinks. twice.
The sudden light hurts a bit so she instinctively pu her hand infront of her face.
“Ow”

She stares for a moment in what happen to be rather dull surprise at her hand which she waves slowly in front of her eyes Fingers, check, all five of them. At the top of an arm who seems to be responding to command, that’s nice. she feels a little limp in the limbs and stiff in the spine but everything seems to be responding.

Her head’s pounding though.. but the only thing besides a splitting headache is fuzziness, and a feeling of ..void. Like something was cut. She feels empty, kind of cold and ..alone. But at the same time there’s a feeling of vigor coming slowly filling her.

There’s a small moment of strangeness as she suddenly bolts upright despite some pretty shaky legs, as if, she got pushed. (and maybe if someone where to look very insistently and from very close at the ground under her, they might get the very short impression there was a short lived bum, as if the bottom of the crater itself had slightly raised up in synergy with the movements of her leg)

She distractedly grabs a handful of slick black hairs from the side of her face and uncertainty stands for a split second like a teenage Botticelli ‘s Venus in a ragged skirt that looks like someone draped a curtain around their hips and a jacket that’s nice but seems a little too large for her (a Hobotticelli ‘s Venus if you will ) rising from her clam but with less seafoam and angels and more debris and haggard confusion on her round-ish face.

Her legs do seems to shake a bit and she does grab the hand (or rather the wrist in an inordinate sweeping motion) offered to her in order to stabilize herself then let go after a couple of seconds.
She does get a look at the man attached to the helpful hand. He seems ..er.. pretty unique ? She likes the color.

“Uh Thanks Mr ?” Oh she got the Oz reference, rather quickly considering... just.. that’s a weird question to ask to,someone as they ...wake up ? “I think.. I could actually go a splash of water. So not a bad witch. Nice outfit”

What he said to her puzzles her for a moment, what does he mean by “evasion trick ?”. Until she see the large hole over her then the debris around. Bridges belong under people's feets, not on their body. their fragile, squashy bodies.

“..Wait ….shouldn’t I be more br. ?” slight pause as she stumble for word “.. dead ?”That’s what generally happens when large slabs of concrete and metal fall on people ? Something about respective densities and weights but maybe she's wrong here ? Also something about contusions , given her head is still partially feel like she’s full of styrofoam…that might go a long way to explain why she’s so okay with this ?

That explains why he’s asking about ‘evasion trick’, but uh.. did she ? how ? She still has no idea, what she did ? try as she might the only thing she can get is “waking up, thirty seconds ago” Yet, … yet, nothing feels that amiss about it. Well obviously there's something missing but not.. wrong.

At least not wrong with her. (she thinks). Because the Yellow Brick Road however, that's another story..

While her reaction is still surprisingly dull, her eyes does widen a little in shock and her mouth cringes slightly as she finally take in the scene around her. “Oh that ain’t right” This is the Yellow Brick Road, she’s sure of it, just yeah.
But the road should be gleaming, filled with the echoes of conversations and laughter and.. uh commercial announcement and what have you in a mall; teeming with tourists and families on shopping trips and freshman in coffee shops. It shouldn’t be all hurt and broken and a spectacle of desolation and corpses only filled with almost oppressive silence beyond the voice of the few people organising things, some muted cries and distant sirens.

“..What happened here ?”

No that’s not a good question to ask now. .. Well, that’s an excellent question truth be told, but as her head is clearing up slowly and her body energizing, something tells her there’s a lot to take in. And call it an impression, if you will but she just doesn’t feel she can just stand here.

In front of her is another girl. Who is flying, And lifting something heavy. Presumably the heavy thing that was right over her. Miss Green tilts her head, is that normal too ? Probably not.
“Hi Thanks. You..uh.. need help with that ?” she says as she look around for someting, anything she could help.

She can use her tremorsense to feel if some people are trapped (although since it isn't etended she'll have to walk aound to find then and she'll be looking for any strucural damage that look prearious (as in imminenet accident or really need to be cleared)"

Raynn
2016-10-21, 06:11 PM
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The Paladin

Star Born and Pandora's Fox were still tending to immediate rescues while the Wiz checked on the lucky survivor. The Paladin for his part had just been interrupted by Rosie causing a video recording to appear on his HUD "Rudy, this was just posted from a video camera nearby..."

What follows is a bizarre, poorly shot, dozen or so seconds of footage. Clearly shot while the camera holder was running, the phone is focused on a man in a torn jumpsuit that seems to pulling itself from building to building by long tentacle limbs, flinging civilians and debris, and generally rampaging randomly from one direction to another with no clear aim beyond general mayhem.

The figure roars, rather than speaking, and seems nearly feral.

"Rudy, I'm not aware of any Mutant or other super-powered near-human with these characteristics operating in Emerald City. I cannot advise intervening with an unknown superhuman while the suit is still in Beta-Testing. Shall I report the man's rampage to the authorities?"

What Do You Do?https://i.imgsafe.org/a9ebf04ec6.png

Fawkes
2016-10-21, 06:59 PM
Wiz runs his hand through his mohawk and splays his arms out. "What, ya don't know me? I'm the Wiz, yeah? Great and powerful master of the arcane an' forbidden?"

He watches her look around in confusion. "What happened? You mean you ain't see it? Yo, this place got freaked up by some kinda wack storm. You missed a sight!." The gears in his head start turning. "Okay, ya took a hit to the head there, so I forgive ya for not recoggin' me. Let me catch you up. Check this."

He puts a hand out palm-up, and waves his other hand above it. A tiny illusory version of the storm appears dancing in the palm of his hand. "Rad, yeah?"

ChronicLunacy
2016-10-21, 07:36 PM
Paladin

"Uhhhh...Rosie? ...What am I looking at, exactly?" Rudy hovered in midair after putting his burden down in the clearing, not quite believing at all the cell phone video that Rosie had parsed for him from her internet monitoring.

It seems to be a humanoid cephalopod hybrid of some kind, Rudy. The creature does not appear to be in full control of itself. High chance for civilian fatalities.

"Right...uh...better plot a course then. Beta Test or not, we need to deal with this. I'm sure the authorities already know." he said, then switched his speakers back on, alerting any of the other heroes within hearing range of the problem. "People, there is a uh...squi- Octo...Man...rampaging around in that direction. Anyone with superpowers or other high tech assistance, feel free to help me contain him. Everyone else, please clear the area." he announced. Then Paladin brought his plasma thrusters to flight setting and soared up and over Yellow Brick Road in the direction of the disturbance.

Fawkes
2016-10-21, 08:36 PM
Wiz glances up at the tin man flying overhead. "Sounds like it's time to ease on down the road." He waves his hands, and the tiny version of the storm dissipates. "Ya comin' with? I'll show ya 'round. I pretty near run this town. He grins. "Ya lucked out, Dorothy. Ya came to the Emerald City and ya already met the Wiz."

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-22, 07:20 AM
Star Born, aka Stella Grant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21321507&postcount=7)
Conditions: None.

"Star Born, Pandora's Fox. Good to meet you both, despite the situation. I'm Paladin. I'm going to try to move as much of the metal walkway as I can, so heads up."

As Paladin spoke she Tsk'ed. "Star Born? Seriously? Don't believe everything you read, honey. That's something the media came up with, it's just Stella." She smiled briefly, though she fully understood the gravity of the situation they were in. "Listen, I can feel people's thoughts, just as easily as you can recognize them visually. I can identify where they are under rubble, or behind walls, if we can get our friend," she pointed to Fox, "to teleport in and grab that have been trapped it will save the Search & Rescue guys from moving tons of rubble. You and I can even support structures with your," she waved at the EM energy being emitted from his gauntlets, "tractor beams and my TK."

Paladin began to soar upwards, to a higher vantage point, obviously reacting to something she couldn't see or hear. She chided herself, he was probably tapped into local news feeds, after all the battle suit he was wearing looked pretty cutting edge. The walkway had been supported, stalled cars moved, Ambulance, Fire and Police would be on scene soon, and then Paladin asked for their assistance.

Right that settled it.

She soared up to him, from the higher vantage point she could make out the ruddy skinned tentacled being wrecking havoc two blocks over. He seemed to be lashing out, anger rolled off of him in waves, he was going to hurt someone, possibly even himself. She needed to shut him down.

She sped over with her telekinetic flight landing smoothly in front of the raging octo-man. A flicker of telekinetic energy surrounded her as she reached out a hand, to almost caress the side of his face.

"I'm sorry honey, but this needs to stop, before someone gets hurt."

As her massive psyche began to assault the raging figure's neural system, she casually reached out and contacted Paladin telepathically.

'Attempting to shut down his nervous system, work on the civilians he has in his grasp. I want to end this without further violence. We've got enough to deal with as is.'

Move action to move into Melee range on Octo-Man, Free Action switching from my Flight 3, to my Bolstered TK Field for Impervious 10 vs Physical & Immunity to Crits vs Physical. I will spend another Free Action to switch my main Array from Telekinesis to Paralyze. I will use my Standard Action to attack with Paralyze.

[roll0]. DC 22 Will Check, failure will result in him being Slowed, failure by 5 will result in him being Paralyzed.

smuchmuch
2016-10-22, 01:08 PM
"Dorothy"

She looks at the flying girl who just went up without a word and with.. Whoa a flying power armor, that's just impressive, so high tech looking, she's gotta wonder how it even works ?...
Anyway It seems her help isn't needed, kay. They look busy and like they like they know what they're doing.

The wiz show her a small version of the storm in the palm of his hand "Oh woah, that's neat !" she looks at it fascinated and approaches a hand before it disappear. aww
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]"I like the details. Is it like actual magic or a miniaturized holographic projector in your sleeve ?" THe way she said it both option are equally cool. Oh of course it silly of her to ask, a magician won't reveal his secrets.

"All I can do is stuff like that" She grabs a small bit of debris and hold it between two hands. Don't ask her how but she just know.. That.. she can feel it under her thumb. It feels right, like a she's holding mere extension of her fingers.

She rubs the thing little and suddenly it start elongating like putty then little cracks appear on the surface and flakes of stone and concrete peels off. The result is a very small statuette that roughly look like a man in a long coat, vague scarf, goggles and mohawk which you have to assume to be the Wiz even.
"I think I could do bigger but I'm not so good at uh finesse" She grin sheepishly, she's either very good at faking humility or she's genuinely not trying to show off

"Ya comin' with? I'll show ya 'round. I pretty near run this town." He grins. "Ya lucked out, Dorothy. Ya came to the Emerald City and ya already met the Wiz."

That doesn't sound right. He sure doesn't look like the mayor to her. (and uh, if he keep calling himself a wizard while quoting Oz books, is he calling himself a phony ? ... Nah, detail.) Maybe it's an emergency thing or he mean on a street level. Sounds like someone very interesting to talk to more but...

"I'd like to Mr. Wiz, but ..shouldn't we go and help ?" She look in the direction the two flying Marvels went off and scratches her head in slight embarrassment. She doesn't want to be rude but it's clear she kinda feel uncomfortable just staying and talking. "Someone could get hurt."

Then again, she guesses they are probably enough to stop one tentacle guy, (that armor looked ... strong and y'know so did the girl) it's just she feels she gotta do something.

Fawkes
2016-10-22, 01:28 PM
Wiz's eye twitches at the mention of holographic projecters. "Nothing up my sleeve, D. My magic's legit, yeah?" He watches intently as she sculpts. Good trick. He could find a way to make that profitable.

Wiz shrugs. "Yeah, well, norm I'd jet over and dice some calamari, but you ain't ready for that sort. Like the wise man say, ya gotta know when t' hold 'em," He flicks his wrists, fanning out a deck of cards in midair, "an' know when t' fold 'em." He reverses the motion, and the cards disappear.

"But don't worry, ya got ya friend Wiz lookin' out for ya, yeah?"

smuchmuch
2016-10-22, 02:02 PM
"D"

"Oh. uh thanks." She fidgets a little "But ...I ...think I'm tougher than I look ? I mean, I think I did take that bridge in the face and I'm fine if that helps ?" Sure would explain the headache.

"Hmm so, whatcher gonna do then. Maybe we could try to look for a clue of what caused this ? I'm kinda curious." She rubs her forehead, thinking a little more clearly. "I mean it looked like an explosion so, uh there's gotta be like an epicenter, were whatever caused it was, right ?" She figures as she sort of try to figure where the 'origin' of the catastrophe would be by the intensity of the damage around. Closer you get to the center, the more damaged, right ? And she can help whoever needs it along the way

ChronicLunacy
2016-10-22, 03:35 PM
Paladin

Rudy was somewhat surprised by Stella's eagerness. She seemed nonplussed by the Octoman, jumping right into the fight without seeming to consider the risks first. She was either heroic or reckless. Or it was possible that, like him, her mind just worked fast. Being able to think and act quickly was certainly a plus.

So he shrugged, or tried to in the armor, and joined the assault. He targeted the Octoman's tentacles while Rosie automatically switched his gauntlets from EM to plasma blaster mode. It was going to be difficult to hit the individual tentacles, but he couldn't risk shooting closer to the civilians he had wrapped up in them. He selected one at random and tried to get his targeting computer to lock on to the midpoint between monster and victim.

Rudy waited for his targeting system to trill a lock and then a greenish-white beam lanced out from the emitter in the palm of his left gauntlet.

I don't have my books with me, but I'm hoping that the only penalty is for Called Shot and not for shooting into a melee considering the length of the tentacles. I'm actually not sure what the penalty for called shot is though, Raynn, so could you just take it off the final result?

[roll0]

Fawkes
2016-10-22, 04:10 PM
Wiz shrugs. "Yeah, aight, Holmes, let's sleuth it." He levitates himself out of the bridge crater and takes another look around the site, switching on his x-ray vision to see what he missed the first go-round.

I'm not sure if this is a notice, search, or investigate, so here's to optimism.
[roll0]
That's a +6 for Notice. Search/Invest should be +4 for my Int.

smuchmuch
2016-10-22, 04:56 PM
"Holmes"

She nods enthusisticaly despite or maybe in spite of the rather lukewarm interest of the wizz as she start moving around and occasionaly concentrate while looking in the distance and making gesture with her fingers.

Since we aren't punching The Optimal Octoman™ in the face, I figure we probably can take ten, (at least untill we stumble on the next criris on the way. kinda counting on it)

In case a roll is demanded though:

[roll0]
+4 if it's search (=20)
+6 if it's investigation (=22)

She can ESP (4) to look around in place she can't directly see and has a good range of supermovement if that helps.
She's looking for general traces of damages and from the fequency and where it look like the 'center' of the silver storm would have been.
Bot other things, like, say people in need of imediate help that would still around will also, stuff stuff rampaging around, or jsut a good overview of the genral situation is of interest.

Raynn
2016-10-23, 07:47 AM
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The Paladin, Star Born, & Pandora's Fox

Sadly for Star Born her efforts to put down the Octaman is instead met with a rapid twist of a technical, her glowing hand contacting a young woman's face. Her face stretches in terror as Star Born's hand collides with the woman's form, clutched in a tentacle. There is a gut-wrenching scream and then the woman goes limp, paralyzed in place of the Octaman.

The Paladin's attack though is too accurate for the same trick to work, the called shot slamming into the arch of one tentacle far shy of any of the three civilians. Sadly the Octaman, who seems mad with a destructive fury and now focused on the nearer Star Born, shrugs the attack off.

As Pandora's Fox arrives on she witnesses a haired monstrous woman bound along several cars and slam into Star Born in a flurry of swinging claws and howls, utterly bestial and hungry for blood. This new woman seems out for blood.
https://i.imgsafe.org/ca7e3ca127.png

Gain 1 Hero Point, and Star Born must make a DC 29 Toughness Save against Lethal Damage.

The Wiz & Ms. Green

Thankfully while the more destructive heroes are distracted by 'punch-time' these two keep to saving the actual civilians.

Searching the entire Yellow Brick Row, while also saving civilians will take up more than 6 seconds (1 round) the fight has taken, since you're taking 10. Assuming you are somehow (:smallwink: ) not interrupted before you finish . . . so I'll leave you to keep chatting for a short moment.

Still, you stayed behind to help the people that mattered rather than just been extra unhelpful hands who got to punch things so . . .

1 Hero Point each to The Wiz & Ms. Green

Green Bean
2016-10-23, 09:11 AM
Pandora's Fox

The baddies seemed more interested in facing off against the big ticket heroes than anything else, so Pandora shrugged and went back to rescuing any trapped civilians she could. She'd probably step in if the situation turned.

Raynn
2016-10-23, 09:43 AM
Hero Points2/13/21/14/34/3
DamageUnharmedUnharmedUnharmedBruised + InjuredUnharmed
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The Paladin, Star Born, & Pandora's Fox

The Mongoose leaps off of Star Born, claw marks up and down Star Born's arms and slashes in her clothes. Despite the impressive fortitude of her force-field Star Born actually feels pain, which given she's bullet proof isn't a common occurrence.

Just as Mongoose takes a step back from Star Born a tentacle, improbably long, snaps forward for her head, which she is able to able dodge out of the way of.

Simultaneously another tentacle cracks the air like a whip and shoots for the Paladin's head, hoping to entrap the hero.

Star Born for her part lines up on the Octaman and the Mongoose. She sees blood edging the fangs and muzzle of the Mongoose, some of it probably Star Born's. With a grin Mongoose licks and whispers in a husky enthusiastic voice "hungry . . ."

What do You do?

ChronicLunacy
2016-10-23, 01:32 PM
Paladin
Condition: Bruised (-1) + Stunned

Rudy allowed himself a moment of victory when his rather well-aimed shot impacted right where he wanted it to hit on the tentacle, but that moment fizzled out when the Octoman didn't seem unduly bothered by the attack. The counterattack came too swiftly for Rudy to avoid as another tentacle snapped out at him. The first hit was turned aside by Paladin's armor but it shook the inside of the suit like a bell, and before Rudy could maneuver the tentacle wrapped around him. Alarms and alerts started screaming in his ears, reporting stress fracturing in the armor and pressure damage while the tentacle squeezed down on him, trying to collapse the suit like a tin can!

Rudy, armor system is approaching maximum tested stress tolerance. Rosie reported, perhaps unnecessarily.

"Agh!" Rudy felt pressure on his ribs as the tentacle constricted. "I'm-I'm aware of that, thank you, Rosie! Prepare to- ugh!" he tried to order as the armor's servo-motors whined in protest. He should have built some strength enhancers into this thing!

There's no way I'm not grappled. I have a crappy grapple modifier.
Toughness DC23: [roll0] (Rerolled with HP in OOC thread for 30.)
Grapple vs. 26: [roll1]
Toughness DC23:[roll2]

Raynn
2016-10-23, 05:26 PM
Hero Points1/13/21/14/34/3
DamageGrappled + Stunned + BruisedUnharmedUnharmedBruised + InjuredUnharmed
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The Wiz, Pandora's Fox, & Ms. Green

Pandora's Fox returns to the triage zone with sirens still sounding in the distance. Ms. Green for her part was still relatively confused, but it was the Wiz who picked out a rumbling in the distance. Moving to a street corner, as he helped one of the civilians over to Ms. Green, he glanced down and saw ... a hovering UFO, blocking off the view of a building behind it, was firing laser blasts at panicking civilians and cars.

Mostly at the civilians, burning them horribly on contact.

The strangest, most unsettling aspect of the rampaging unidentified flying object was its utter silence save for the charging hiss of the laser an instant before it fired, and the detonations and screams it incited.

What do You do?https://i.imgsafe.org/d35e7c5cb3.png

The UFO is about three stories tall.

Fawkes, if you wish to attack roll Initiative.

Fawkes
2016-10-23, 06:10 PM
Wiz spends more effort talking himself up than actually helping people. "Yo yo yo, step right up, step right up, 'cuz the master of magic's here to save ya! That's right, it's the Wiz, here in Emerald City to save ya from the storm! And for one night only, I'll cut ya a deal, and save yer skins for the low low price of-" He trails off as he spies the UFO. "Uh, hey yo, D? You seein' this?" He shoves the civilian he was 'helping' off to the side. "Think I solved the case."

smuchmuch
2016-10-23, 06:40 PM
"Green"

"I'm sorry... I don't think I can fix this" She shakes her head sadly at the crying man. ...legs aren't supposed to bend that way even she can tell, but no matter how she tries, it jsut won't bend under her fingers. It's like.. it belongs to somebody else so it can't be part of her and she can't command it... would be the best way she could explain it.
Best she can do is bend small metal bar to make a crutch and sheepishly wave as they hoble away and hope the ambulances will get in time.

At least that one she managed to dig out in time and stil alive.
She gotta hand it to 'the Wiz', he may be a big phony (or so she's starting to suspect') but he's been kinda helpfull here with his X ray google.

The suddenly he gets her attention on...
She blinks twice and her jaw drops a little...

"The heck !? uh well done ?" Or rather it doesn't sound like it. She gives a very small shudder, the way it jsut moves silently with no sounds, that thing is .. eery. Trully even she can tell that thing's feels alien in more way than one, right outside a horror movie. "We can't let it kill more people !"

It's huge too ! You'd think they'd seen at least some bits of it appearing between the smaller buildings' tops . Not to mention the others, what with the flying and the teleporting and the smart talky armor ?
"... How exactly have we missed it untill now ?"
Maybe it's just teleported in ? But then it'd be unconected to the storm ? That seems a very unlikely coinkidink... Or maybe it was invisible and somehow didn't interact with anything besides the size.. Ugh.

Just a small reaction post. As per initiative the Wiz acts frst

Fawkes
2016-10-23, 06:46 PM
Wiz cracks his knuckles. "Dunno, but let's make sure it misses us, yeah?" He rubs his palms together, and thrusts his hands forward. From his sleeves burst forth dozens and dozens of small white doves, more than can possibly fit hidden away in his coat. They keep coming, forming a giant cloud of white, and they flit through the air towards the UFO. Wiz moves his hands in the air like a conductor, and the doves dodge and sweep out of the path of the lasers as they approach. Moving as one, the doves circle around the UFO, forming nearly a solid sphere of flying feathers.

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-23, 09:53 PM
Hero Points: 2
Conditions: Bruised, Injured.

The woman was feral, wild, rabid, and out for blood, Octo-man was enraged, and on a rampage. The problem was Octo had a firm grip on Paladin, and it was going to be an issue if she had to face off against both of them at the same time.

She reached out to the man in the armor, 'Paladin, I'm going to try to take Octo, once you get free you'll need to engage the feral woman. Keep their attention on us rather than civilians.'

Her body shimmered as she suffused herself with psychic strength, she shouldered her way past the tentacles and aimed a powerful strike at the man himself.

Paladin, either of these guys come up on a database, they could be responsible for this. Neither of them seem the mastermind type, keep your sensors open for a third.'

Free Action to switch my array from Telekinesis, to Tactile Telekinesis. I will attack Octo-Man in melee, and hope he doesn't do that Deflect thing again. Paralyzing a hostage is one thing, punching someone with superhuman strength is not something I wanna do.

[roll0]. DC 27 Toughness Check if Successful.

ChronicLunacy
2016-10-23, 11:21 PM
Paladin
Condition: Bruised (-1) + Stunned

I'm assuming this is two-way, otherwise Rudy is just thinking loudly and intently to himself.

Astonishing! Are you speaking directly to my mind? Rudy's inner voice still sounded strained, but without the armor giving him a bass boost he sounded a lot different than Paladin's speaker made him sound.

These two don't appear to have any files in the news database, but I'm sure Rosie will alert me if she comes up with anything in her search of police or AEGIS records not that we've ever gone poking around in there before. For the time being you should consider their capabilities unknown. So be careful. he added, doing an admirable job of remaining businesslike while being whipped about through the air by the frightening, betentacled Octo-Man.

As for you castling suggestion. It's a very good plan, but you're going to have to keep them off me until my armor OS reboots. My new friend here is making it difficult to bring back up. I'm also going to have to get creative about his grip on me if you can't get him to let go. But rest assured, as soon as I can do anything I'll focus my attentions on the feral woman. he "said", chatting away quite happily in his head despite the situation. He seemed more intrigued by the life or death struggle than anything, though he might have been attempting to put on a brave face and appear unconcerned for her benefit. Or maybe all the attention that he didn't have focused on the conversation and getting his suit to boot up was spent trying not to throw up from the thrashing about he was experiencing.

Raynn
2016-10-24, 05:47 AM
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The Paladin & Starborn

Star Born's swing connected... with an older rotund man's bearded face. He yells as he sees the fist coming, but sadly, suddenly goes silent. The Octaman seems to laugh at that, but the alien strangeness of the noise means it could also have been a shout, or a cough.

The sound of cracking carbon-nano-tube and titanium armor is heard as Octaman continues to squeeze the Paladin, making yipping screeching noises.

The mongoose for her part roared and charged Starborn, who dashed to the side just shy of the razor sharp claws that swung by her face.

What do You do?

You are up, but wait for the Paladin to roll his Toughness Save.

ChronicLunacy
2016-10-24, 11:25 AM
Paladin
Condition: Bruised (-2) + Stunned

Alarms continued to scream at Rudy as the pressure on his ribs mounted. This was a big problem.

If I could just get out of stun lock I could actually do something here. :smallannoyed:

Pathetic Grapple Check: 1d20+4z (Screwed up the tag. Will roll in OOC but outside a nat 20 nothing's happening.)
Toughness DC23: [roll0]

smuchmuch
2016-10-25, 06:15 PM
Green

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/Illustrations/ECKstreetdisaster01_zpsgslytnj4.png

Green whistles at the Wiz display of magic.
It’s beautiful. It has to be magic. And if it isn’t ... well it’s no less impressive (... maybe even more.). It’s not important.

Sadly what’s kinda really important, right now, is the giant UFO and it’s deadly laser beams. Even blinded by the feathery cloud, if it decides to start firing blindly… she does get a look at the civilians behind them hobbling or running away. Do roasted doves make for a good laser shield ? Somehow she doubts it’ll be quite enough.

Shame she’s going to have to spoil the effect. But hey you know what an any good show of illusion calls for at the end ?... “Sorry I gotta..”

Green squats her leg and extend her arms wide before closing her fist as if she was grabbing an invisible opened double leaf door by both extremities. A small but definite rumbling sound builds and at the end of the street, a little in front of the intersection, it looks like along the two opposing blocks two small vertical cracks are forming along the whole height. She gives a little breath, this might requires a bit of an effort but hey she’s got energy to spend so…

She crosses her arm and two opposite panels of wall surges in the air from both blocks, corssing int the middle of the street into a tightly knit four stories baricade

“...Close the curtain”
Okay so maybe she was showing up just a little with that line. So sue her
"...Er don't worryabout the damage folks it'll resorb. ... I think"http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/Illustrations/ECKstreet02_zps106mtho8.png

What’s important is that only the black top of the thing peeks from beyond the large walls of concrete who mercifully provide merciful solid protection against the view of the ‘eye’.

… Well as long as it isn’t destroyed. (The truth is, there’s only so much material Miss green can move at a time so despite it’ tough looking outer shell of concrete and pavement, it’s mostly hollow and brittle plaster inside.) Or the thing just doesn’t fly over it. Oh don’t look at her mlike that, she would have put a few more stories to the wall or curved into a cage over the UFO if she could but there’s only so much she can do at a time.

So yeah,she's hoping the birds will keep it distracted a little longer. But at least people n this lane are now protected from stray shots hopefully long enough to find a place to hide.

“Okay, that was fun but Gottago keep it busy. Someone make sure everyone gets to cover. I mean better cover, that ain’t gonna last”

And with that she rushes over to the closest building to open a conveniently placed door and rushes over a small corridor and stairs shooting upward

… at the end of the block, right over the T section, over the roof of Patche’s megamarket four stories building, a maintenance door is opened from the inside. (That sure was a fast climb and a looong corridor...).

From there she had a good view of the all three ways going out of the fork and the large looming mass of the thing, almost up close. !

Now how will that thing react ?

Exta effort to get +2 rank on create object. Did some quick math with 1250 cubic feet, to work with a 50 feet wides treet, it is possible to make wall that big... just don't try seeing how thick they areally are as hinted in the description of them being mostly hollow. Also a good way to jsutify them being only 8 tough.

Using hero point just gained to shrug the Fatigue

teleportaling (subtle) on a close roof since it's portals (but subble (2) hence why they take the form of doors with stairs), people can follow her through them untill she close them

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/Illustrations/small/ECKstreettactical01_zpsrypeuzzw.png

Fawkes
2016-10-25, 06:51 PM
Wiz halts the flow of doves as the curtain closes, keeping the existing doves whirling around the UFO. He tries to act unimpressed by this show of power. "No 'pology needed, D. You do you, yeah?" He keeps the doves swirling as she leaves, and shouts to the crowd. "Hoi! You lot heard the bird, yeah? Time to follow the Yellow Brick Road the frell outta here!"

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-26, 04:32 AM

Stella was getting frustrated, Octo, with his multiple tentacles and vast strength was presenting a serious threat, and the tentacles themselves made it difficult to land a solid blow. The longer this fight went on, the more damage that Paladin's suit had to sustain as he seemed unable to break from the tentacles' terrifying grasp.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way, with your strength and your tentacles you could have been an asset to search and rescue. But, this needs to stop. Now!"

Sorry for the delay, two factors; one, yesterday was a crazy day at work and as such I didn't have the time to post prior to leaving, or the energy to do so when I got home. Two, everything I do towards Octo is blocked/deflected, and it is difficult to think of a way to handle this without Paladin suffering a KO, I can't think of any assist rules for a Grapples, so back to Paralyze it is, at least it is a Will save rather than Toughness, BUT, it's Touch so still subject to Block/Deflect :(

Free Action to Switch Array to Paralyze, going to switch from my Fortified TK Field, back to Flight, as a back up plan, which means I lose Impervious Toughness & Immunity: Critical Hits. Which could hurt against Mongoose.

Here we go, rolling to shut down Octo with Paralyze. [roll0]. I think that hits, Will save DC 22.

Raynn
2016-10-26, 04:33 AM
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

Ms. Green, Pandora's Fox, & The Wiz

The UFO begins firing on the wall Ms Green had created, trying to wear it down, not noticing the rooftop portal.

What do You do?

Sorry for the short post, in a rush.

Hero Point to Ms. Green for the ART.

The Paladin & Star Born

Star Born's constantly direct attacks are met again by the Octaman's main strength, bringing the only unparalyzed, conscious civilian in his grasp into the path of the attack. With another scream the person goes rigid. The Octaman hisses as the Mongoose circles around.

What do You do?

Fawkes
2016-10-26, 02:10 PM
Wiz frowns as the UFO seems to ignore his doves. "All right, not gonna play that way, yeah? Ain't no thing, I can hang!" He claps his outstretched hands together, and the flock of doves turn to smoke, and dissipate. He heads up to the rooftop after the good witch.

He scans over the rooftops, spying something on another rooftop. "Yo, hold up, who dat?" He smirks. One way to find out.

Wiz starts waving his hands, and behind the man on the ledge appear two policemen, guns drawn. "Don't move! Keep your hands where I can see them!"

Raynn
2016-10-26, 04:39 PM
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

As Ms. Green crests the rooftop she sees the man that Wiz is pointing at, and the policemen the Wiz has conjured forming behind said man on the rooftop.

What do You do?

I believe Ms. Green is up.https://i.imgsafe.org/1220033663.png

smuchmuch
2016-10-26, 04:58 PM
Green

Crouched, ahand on the roof, feeling the stone under her, Miss Green is intensely conentrating on the looming otherwoldly mass.
She's only distracted by a split second byt he wiz pointing something at her. Oh hey there's a guy on the roof opposite. Oh wait, crap there's a guy, he could get hurt ! And uh now there's the 'police' arresting him. "Okay... can you have them tell him to get away from here"

Taking a full action for aiming; Loosing all dodge untill her next attack on the UFO on which she'll gain + 5 attack

Raynn
2016-10-26, 05:15 PM
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The man on the rooftop shouts something, though at this distance it is hard to make out and raises both his hands in the direction of the two cops. Suddenly twin rays of light burst out of his hands, rainbow beams of destruction, slicing through the police and walls behind them. At the exact same instant the UFO disappears.

"EAT RAINBOW ***HOLES!"

What do You do?

Will Save: [roll0] vs. DC 18

Fawkes
2016-10-26, 06:11 PM
Wiz chuckles as his illusory cops are blown to shreds, the lasers dicing them into copfetti. "Yo, D. You peep that? That's a bad witch."

Green Bean
2016-10-26, 06:46 PM
Pandora's Fox

Pandora's Fox popped onto the roof just in time to see the two cops getting fried. She wasn't in the mood to feel too broken up about it - there'd been three viral videos of police brutality against unresistant arrestees just this month, so she was not inclined to feel too much pity. Still, it was an apparent public murder, and those tended to spillover onto innocents, so she flickered across the distance separating them, popping into being out of his eyeline. "Gotta say, I sympathise with the sentiment, but I do question the timing a bit. Care to make a statement?"

Fawkes
2016-10-26, 10:56 PM
Wiz closes his fists, and the cops poof into smoke. He watches as Pandora's Fox appears on the rooftop. "Yo D, watch out, another dancer on the stage. Hit it!" He steps off the rooftop, and glides across the street toward the other rooftop. "Hoi, Major Tom! Cut the light show, yeah? This the Wiz's town, and it's gon' be hard makin' a buck here if ya keep turnin' the town all ashes to ashes, funk to funky!" He lands on the edge of the building. "Ya got two options here. Either your little War o' the Worlds act hits the road, or you and me gonna play some cards." He fans out a deck and starts shuffling, tossing cards from hand to hand.

Readying an action to throw a card at his face if he or anyone else that could conceivably be associated with him does anything that could be remotely interpreted as aggressive. Or if Wiz gets bored.

I'm throwing a card at his face.
[roll0]

ChronicLunacy
2016-10-26, 11:16 PM
Paladin
Condition: Bruised (-2)

"Computer...agh!" Rudy managed to get out, each breath coming shorter as he let the air out of his lungs and couldn't quite fill them back, "emergency...override! Reactor vent from all exhaust ports! Suspend...safety locks!"

Suddenly, from vents on the armor's surface where normally heat was radiated harmlessly from the cooling system, the suit's onboard computer did an emergency scram of the reactor system. Blasts of superheated plasma roared from the cooling vents, blistering and scorching whatever it touched. It was worse than being on fire. It was closer to holding your naked hand to a blowtorch. Even the armor started to smoke a bit. It had to be fun for the Octoman, too, as the tentacle that was holding Paladin took the brunt of it.

Spending my last hero point to shake off Paladin's stun. Also pulling a power stunt off of the Blast Power -- Damage 10 Aura [+1], Concentration Duration [+1], Touch Range [-1]

Armor Device will be Fatigued after this. Planning on keeping this on for as long as Rudy's grappled.

DC25 Toughness for Octoman!

Raynn
2016-10-27, 05:19 AM
[QUOTE=Raynn;21339493]

Hero Points0/12/21/14/34/3
DamageGrappled + Bruised + Fatigued (Armor)UnharmedUnharmedBruised + InjuredUnharmed
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The man grins and turns to face Wiz, across the very wide gap between buildings, his hands beginning to glow with rainbow light "then lets draw motherf- AAAGGHHH!" His witticism ends when a card detonates in his face, but he is able to weather the blast just barely by rolling away at the exact right instant and bringing up his arms.

What do You do?

The Paladin & Star Born

The Octoman lets go quickly, but not fast enough, screaming in pain the super-heated gas burned his flesh. A few moments later he was stumbling back, shouting and hissing, dropping the civilians as they pulled free of his loosening grasp.

The Mongoose, thinking to end this before the tide turned, leaped at Star Born, her arms a flurry of claws, but Star Born side-stepped her despite the speed as an afterthought.

What do You do?

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-27, 06:53 AM

With Paladin's ingenious solution, searing the rubbery arms of Octo, freeing himself and the civilians the man had been using as living shields, Stella could remove him from play. She reached out telepathically, her thoughts touching Rudy's, 'Paladin! Great move, I can wrap Octo up and keep him out of play, stay at range and keep Mongoose distracted and away from civilians, she seems like she's out for blood, and doesn't care whose it is!'

With that she hovered to an altitude of approximately twenty feet over the stunned Octo, and concentrated, a shimmering crushing field of psychic strength enveloped him.

Once again, sorry for my confusion! Out of sequence post deleted! Now, on my official turn, I will use my Free Action to switch my Psychic array from Tactile TK, to Raw TK, giving me actual Telekinesis at rank 12 (equivalent to 60 Strength), I will then make a Ranged attack check on the Stunned Octo, and if that Check is successful, use my Telekinesis to initiate a Grapple, with a +31 (+25 from Strength, +6 from my base Attack) bonus.

Telekinetic Attack Check: [roll0]
Telekinetic Attack Check w/ Hero Point re-roll: 24! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21341160&postcount=103)
Telekinetic Grapple (Opposed by Octo's Grapple): [roll1]

smuchmuch
2016-10-27, 09:21 AM
Green

"Hey, not to command to you..er weird..streetartsy colorblind ?.." (what ? have you seen her outfit ?))."dog mask ?" (that's a dog right what with the snout.. or maybe the other stuff, wolf right ?... forest beasties, ah whatevs it's all doglike to her) "...journalist ? ..lady ? ..
Pandora Box right ?" The armor guy did call someone something like that, she was still reeling from the blow so she ain't too sure. "..maybe you shouldn't hang out near the obvious murderous psychopath ?!"
Green shouts from the other roof, feeling a little.... like she can feel her fists curling and teeth showing and.. angry, yeah, that it.

She can't believe that the eerie giant UFO was just some trick by that guy, sure it's impressive and all, almost as much as the doves, oh except for the part where it was murdering wounded fleeing people. And he would have killed those cops if they had been real. For no apparent reason too. He even seem to be enjoying it. He's getting a time out

She just tap her foot on the roof and with a faint rumble a strange wave quickly traverse along the facade of the building and across the street right up tot he other roof. Then she close her fist and pillar of stones ad metal erupt from the ground around close around "Jack Black".
;
With a side glance t the Wiz "... Murdering people at random in the street for kicks, not normal behavior around here, right ?" She's pretty sure it isn't.

All out attack: -5 defense/+5 attack
Snare (7)
[roll0]

Raynn
2016-10-27, 10:17 AM
Hero Points0/13/21/13/34/3
DamageGrappled + Bruised + Fatigued (Armor)UnharmedUnharmedBruised + InjuredUnharmed
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The man on the rooftop is able to fling himself out of the way of the building's rooftop's effort to clutch him, but the look on his face indicates he did not see that coming, and seems a bit jarred by that, and the exploding card to the face as well probably.

After a moment he collects himself again, glaring at the trio "Okay. Okay..." he pauses for a second, sighing "I guess you got me fair and sq- LET THE DRAGON CONSUME YOU!" With that he swings forward one of his hand in an amateur's impression of a martial arts stance and a twin pair of giant glowing blue dragons explode out of his arms in a burst of light and energy, shooting through each of the attacking trio one by one before swirling apart and fading into nothing.

What do You do?

[roll0] ; Hero Point to ... The Wiz.

Pandora's Fox, The Wiz, and Ms. Green must all make a DC 18 Reflex Save. On a Success they must them make a DC 19 Toughness Save, and on a Fail they must make a DC 23 Toughness.

Fawkes
2016-10-27, 10:24 AM
Wiz makes a gun shape with his fingers and mimes blowing away the pistol smoke. With his other hand, he points at Pandora's Fox. "Whatcha say, Banksy? We dealin' ya in?" He shakes his wrist and a fanned deck of cards appears. "I dig the style, bee tee dubs."

"RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU"

Wiz rolls his eyes. "Yo, I ain't fallin' for your amateur pyro, roadie." Wiz makes no attempt to dodge this obvious illusion, and is hit full in the chest, bowling him over. He rolls with the punches, picking himself back up and dusting off his coat. "Yo. **** move, bro."

Wiz flutters the deck. "Right, we seen the flop, yeah? Next come the turn." He wings another card at the roadie.

ChronicLunacy
2016-10-27, 12:25 PM
Paladin
Condition: Bruised (-2) // Device Fatigued (-1 to all ranks)

I have reestablished the connection to the armor system, Rudy. It appears you have done something reckless. Cooling system compromised. Armor effectiveness reduced twenty-five percent. Switching to secondary heat sinks.

"Heh..." Rudy coughed because there was a little bit of smoke leaking into his helmet, "But it worked, didn't it?" He pulled up his targeting system and hovered a little higher to keep out of jumpy, Mongoose lady threat range as he and Rosie rerouted power and patched software on the fly. Everything was a little glitchy after that last trick he pulled. He was going to have to spend some serious time in the shop fixing it when this was all over, but he could afford to put that off. The fight wasn't over.

If you run into any trouble don't be stubborn. I'll try to knock out Mongoose quickly, but I can always swing around and blast him if he gets rowdy again. Rudy spared a thought in reply to Stella as his armor registered a target lock and he swooped over the feral woman. He held out both hands as he passed overhead and blasted at her with twin beams of green energy.

"Time for round 2, badguys!" he broadcasted over the speaker system.

Blast 9 vs Mongoose: [roll0] (-1 to attack and effect rank from Device Fatigue)

DC24 Toughness for Mongoose if Paladin scores a hit.

Raynn
2016-10-27, 12:59 PM
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The detonating cards collide with the man on the roof and knock him directly to the ground with a bright detonation.

What do You do?

Ms. Green is up.

The Paladin & Star Born

Star Born pins the still hissing and screaming Octaman to the ground, his limbs still thrashing out in all directions.

The Paladin for his part blasts Mongoose into the side of a wrecked car, stunning her for more than long enough to keep her off her feet, and momentarily out of the game.

Suddenly it seems like the tide is turning...

What do You do?

Star Born is up again, don't forget to roll Grapple if you're maintaining it.

smuchmuch
2016-10-27, 01:16 PM
Green

Green, who did manage to block the flames unscathed but not by much (it was still pretty hot), just quietly taps her foot again and the falling man gets a sudden roof fist in the face. She could have gone with trying capturing him again, after what the Wiz put him through, unlikely he could dodge this time, but the guy's proved dangerous and unwillling to talk enough she'd rather take him out good and doesn't feel too guilty about kicking him when he's down.

All out attack -2/+2
Blast 7
Attack [roll0]

Green Bean
2016-10-27, 05:06 PM
Pandora's Fox

Pandora's Fox simply folded her arms and tanked the brightly coloured lights and energy. A close observer might have been able to catch the attack lensing away from her body at point of contact, but it'd be really hard to tell with how bright everything was. When the lights cleared, she simply stood back and let the other two metas have their fun.

As he collapsed prone to the ground, she finally stepped forward towards the light show guy. "Buddy, you really should be taking the Fifth Estate more seriously." She walked up nice and close, then made a gesture, and then...something happened. It was a little unclear, honestly; it was obviously destructive, it clearly came from Pandora's Fox, and most witnesses agreed that whatever it was manifested in a large column starting on the rooftop and rising roughly a hundred feet in the air. It's just at that point descriptive language broke down. One witness described it as "sounding the way the colour green tastes," at which point most of the others shrugged and agreed he was pretty close to right. Regardless, it was not a pleasant experience for the already thoroughly beaten would-be villain.

Using Surprise!, my Shapeable Area attack, shaped such that only Lightshow takes the hit. DC 20 Reflex save for half, DC 20/25 Toughness Save.

Raynn
2016-10-27, 06:25 PM
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

Whatever happened, Lightshow comes through no worse for wear. He stares at Pandora's Fox for a long before saying with a grin "That all you got cat-ears?"

What do You do?

Star Born and The Wiz are up.

Fawkes
2016-10-27, 07:24 PM
Wiz watches in confusion at... whatever Pandora's Fox is doing. He shrugs his shoulders and strides forward. "That's the turn, yo. Now's time for the river."

He fans out decks in both hands, and sends out a wave of cards to put Lightshow down.

[roll0]

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-27, 09:25 PM

Paladin's energy lanced out of his gauntlets, the twin green beams slammed into the feral woman, singing her fur and eliciting a howl of rage. She slammed back into an abandoned vehicle, and lost her balance dropping to the ground.

In an effort to end this quickly, she threw Octo at the feral woman, even grounded her agility proved too much for Stella and Octo sailed wide, slamming into the concrete and slamming into the car, blowing out the windows.

I will throw Octo at Mongoose, with my Telekinesis, I am assuming it will do Rank damage in this case, +12. My ranged attack is +8, so here goes [roll0]. Assuming the attack is successful, one or both, will have to make a DC 27 Toughness check.

I will miss Mongoose, I blame Octo for not being aerodynamic. Though being spiked into the ground will still probably force a Toughness check? Not sure.

smuchmuch
2016-10-28, 04:30 AM
Green

... is now, thanks to Pandora Fox, among a very select club who can say that it is a fully informed opinion when she say that she likes seeing and wearing her eponymous more than tasting it.
On the other hand trying to process what happened is sort of making her headache flare a little bit. She whishes he'd been more effective for confusin as it was.

Then again her roof fists were as simple as they come and don't seem to have done much more.

Well if at first you don't suceed...
Another fist of concreteand roof tiling emerges and attempt to brutally punch the metal head
'something roof something over you head something rough ♪
Hey Mr Wiz, is the punning and the one liners customary ? because I don't have anything good right now "

Same basic attack. He can't luck out on his toughness save all the time...
All out attack -2/+2
Blast 7
Attack [roll0]

Raynn
2016-10-30, 07:39 AM
Hero Points0/12/21/13/34/3
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The wave of cards slams into the metal-head just a few moments before the vicious tiling, knocking the man back down and leaving the violent super human finally, blissfully, unconscious.

In the distant the shouts and screams continue, but they seem now intermittently broken by approaching sirens.

What do You do?

Star Born & The Paladin

Octaman was left stunned as he dented in the door of the car he collided with. For a few moments at least he was out of the fight, which gave Paladin just enough time to deal with the Mongoose, or at least keep her on the back foot. It seemed at last the duo of Star Born and the Paladin were finding their footing.

What do You do?

smuchmuch
2016-10-30, 10:43 AM
Green

Green make an upward wave of the hand, on the other roof, TV and power cables suddenly tear from under the tiling and rise in a compact noodle like mass. She makes a little gesture of hand whre she turns a index around each other and the mass of cable knit itself around a tight full body straightjacket like cocoon around the unconscious lightshow.

"Hey Power of the Press lady ? If you have a piece of paper, could you stick a note on him for the incoming help that he's dangerous and should be unwrapped with caution ? Thanks" she calls out across the gap before turning her attention to the edge of the roof. Well now that she's got a good lookout point, she can take a better stock of the general situation:

Approaching sirens, that'd be uh emergency response, like cops and firemen right ? That's good, they can take care of the people already freed, process everything. At least in the zone already freed. Armor guy and flying girl kind of took care of the biger debris, she tried to smooth the way a little s that vehicles should at least be able to make it up to there.
...Oh yeah that reminds her. She offhandedly gives a little wave of hand and below the large spikes of concrete, earth and stone that surged from the walls and ground itself a moment ago to form a gigantic barricade suddenly sink back from where they came, leaving almost traces, barely small cracks, of having ever sprouted.
(What d'you know it does resorb, not that it'd have made ùuch of huge difference here what with the destruction already wrought by the storm but hey no need to add more and besides it's good to know for later reference.)

Armor guy and flying g... wait she got a name, Starborn, right ? So yeah power armor and Starborn were up to fight some kind of tentacle guy. Can she see how they are doing from here ? Some flying figure, some zapping, something like that ? Well they probably have it under control. ..probably. ..Surely.

Pandora Box or soething like that.. Green sn't really know what's her deal (her name doesn't exactly fel with confidence.). She just seem to be zipping around. She's some kind of jouralist since she ws trying to get a reaction and Green's definitively not sure what to make her opinion on cop killing but she think Box was helping the others when they were clearing the steet and she doesn't seem to be harming anyone either so uh, for now better leave her alone.

So before this little LightShow started, on top of the search and rescue, she was sorta thinking of to see if she could pinpoint the center and/or cause of this whole mess. Maybe here from a high point of she can get a better idea of the whole area that was affected, how extensive the area and just how bad the damages.

And ... speaking of search and rescue, after a few seconds of contemplating still some of the occasional screams and shout snap her back to people in distress.

Oh dear, oh dear. She can't be dawdling too much. time to go back to the fray if she want to make difference. She concentrates her search on looking (or hearing) where there seem to be the biggest concentration of people in need of help to get to next...

With Lightshow unconscious, I assume we're not in strict combat time anymore ?
Otherwise consider that two round in one

First Snare 7 on the unconscious Lightshow just in case he wakes up early, I don't think he can even remotely defend or save right now so I sorta assume an attack roll isn't necessary
(If it is: [roll0])

edit: Oh sure, now that it's not needed, I roll a critical Well it's a very snug and tight snare, then. Green was maybe working abit of agression here I guess :smalltongue:

If necessary, same rolls as before but from a better vantage point
[roll1]
+4 (notice)
+6 investigation

To determine the origin of the catastrophe while still doing search and rescue until results, scene or next interruption, whichever comes first.

ChronicLunacy
2016-10-30, 12:28 PM
Paladin
Condition: Bruised (-2) // Device Fatigued (-1 to all ranks)

Paladin didn't let up now that he and Stella had the offensive. He was still trailing smoke from his exhaust vents as he swept up in a loop and back down toward the ground, coming at Mongoose from the side of the car she'd impacted against. He flew with his hands leading, palms up, and for a brief moment a beam of brilliant, green-white light connected him and the feral woman once more. The impact of the beams blasted her back into the car door, carrying her all the way through the interior and out the other side in an explosion of glass and debris. "I suggest you stay down, Miss, and wait for the proper authorities. I'll make sure that you get the help you need." he advised through his speaker system, figuring that as well-intentioned as he might be she probably wasn't listening at the moment.

Blast 9 vs Mongoose: [roll0] (-1 to attack and effect rank from Device Fatigue)

Fawkes
2016-10-30, 06:41 PM
Wiz kneels down next to Lightshow and rifles through his pockets. "Aight, lessee what he had." Wiz produces a hand of cards, seemingly from Lightshow's pockets. "Aces an' eights. Dead man's hand, yo." Wiz fans another hand of cards in his other hand and grins. "But I got three of a kind."

Using Sleight of Hand mastery both for card tricks and for taking his wallet/keys/etc. 22

smuchmuch
2016-10-31, 06:47 PM
Green

"You looking for clues. Anything ?" she asks the Wiz distractdly. The card trick gets a giggle, they really shouldn't tret an unconcious mn like that, even if he's an unrepenting murderer but it is kind of amusing.

"Going back to the road." After determining that the YBR where they started from is sitll the point of most urgent interest, Green opens a roof hatch and nimbly slides down a ladder...

... A couple of streets away, on the yellow brick road , Green exits through a store side door.

While she's at it she clears the way for two girls who seemed to have found refuge in a small shop but found themselves stuck. There's another person alive and in the open but beyond hr capacity to help, so best she can do is clear the stuff that feel over him, making it melt like liquid; hope she didnt mke things worse by manipulating a deeply wounded man with ittle to no notion of first aid (wouldn't that be a bummer ?) and mold him an improvised stretcher from shopping cart and a a shop stall parts. Hopefully int he incomming there's an ambulance to find him quickly.

Then she takes a look and then run (although if one where to look closely it feels as she was slide on the pavement as if it was ice or she was wearing invisible roller blade and the pavement behind her feet seems to be carrying her in little wave) and run in the direction where point zero was, where she's the most needed for both her little investigation and search and rescue effort.

Teleportal to get back to the YBR. once again it's possible to follow through, althoughshe's going back where we started. (and to clarify Raynn said in Discord both fights hapenned in differetn side streets, so we're not on the YBR anymore and we can't see the Octofight directly from the place the UFO fight took place)
Will do it twice if necessary

Saving a couple of civilians is fluff unless rolss are required, then ask.

Fawkes
2016-11-01, 03:36 PM
Wiz produces an ID card. "Gotta name." He flicks the card at Pandora's Fox. "Little somethin' for your zine, yo." He starts to follow through the roof hatch, then turns back. "Yo, Banksy, you comin' with."

Zen Gypsy
2016-11-02, 04:15 AM

Stella watched in horror as the ferocious feline attacked Paladin with a fury. She couldn't be sure, technology was not one of her strong points, but she was certain that his armor couldn't take much more of the feral woman's assault.

"HEY! Why waste all that time cutting through his armor, when I'm right here!"

She landed behind Mongoose, her aura shimmering as she shifted her concentration from flight, into bolstering her already impressive telekinetic force field. She then cut loose with a wild haymaker, hoping to draw her attention away from the injured Paladin.

Move action to land beside Mongoose, free Action to Switch TK Flight, to Bolstered TK Field for Impervious Toughness & Immunity to Crits vs Physical. I will then switch my Array from Telekinesis to Tactile TK, for Enhanced Strength and punch this chick in the mouth!

[roll0], which forces a DC 25 Toughness check if it lands.

Raynn
2016-11-02, 01:40 PM
Hero Points0/13/22/13/35/3
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The group returns through Ms. Green's 'corridor' to the Yellow Brick Row proper followed by a dozen or so civilians who seem to think the costumed types will keep them safe. For a moment out trio of young heroes think that the greater battles of the day are done, they spy that the first of the emergency services vehicles have arrived on the scene, then shock hits them. Paramedics are slumped over unconscious patients, fire fighters are on the ground near their truck, and the civilians they had left clearing wreckage are unconscious scattered around said devastation. Looking up and into the center of the row, flowing about twenty feet off the ground, is the apparent cause.

There is a young man cackling and shouting, mostly to himself, and bursting with a black smoke like mist. He swoops over the disaster zone with a grin stretching from one side of his face to the other.

"YES! YEEEEESSSSS! FALL BEFORE MY MIGHT! FLEE FROM YOUR NEW MASTER! YOU WILL ALL RUE THE DAY YOU WITNESSED THE GLORIOUS BIRTH OF DOCTOR- NO- LORD- HMMM- YOU WILL ALL RUE THIS DAY INDEED!" between his laughs and shouting in a tone that would make Shatner seemed like a reserved actor, he throws balls of black energy into store fronts, detonating them "KNOW FEAR MORTALS, FOR YOUR GOD COMETH! ASK NOT FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS IT TOLLS FOR THEE! FLEEEEE! FLEEEEE!"

Rather than listen to the few screaming conscious people nearby, he seems to have headphones in so he can choose a backing track to his rampage.

What do You do?

Lightshow's ID identifies him as Angus Wilcoxon.

1 Hero Point to Ms. Green, Pandora's Fox, and The Wiz.

Please roll Initiative.https://i.imgsafe.org/a2fb907f4e.png

Star Born & The Paladin

The Mongoose goes flying from the attack while the Octaman's tentacles finally hit home, revealing Star Born's near invulnerability to them.

What do You do?

Star Born is up.

Zen Gypsy
2016-11-03, 09:21 AM

Stella staggered forward as Octoman's tentacles hammered at her telekinetic shields. She was able to withstand the onslaught, but it was frustrating. For every second she spent trying to contain this duo, innocent lives, victims of this catastrophic event, were at risk.

She was a psychic, she could feel those thoughts, panicked, confused, in pain, surrounding her, and here she was trading blows with this duo like some rookie hero. She needed to end this quickly.

'Paladin!', she projected her thoughts to the man within the armor, 'I can locate citizens trapped within the rubble, I can give you their location while I keep these idiots distracted. Save those lives!'

She spoke to the enraged woman, and Octo, "Is that the best you've got?!? Come on, I thought you were the big bads!"

Praying that my Impervious Toughness will keep me standing, I will take a Notice Check, [roll0], to spot any nearby innocents that need to be evac'd to paramedics, I will then communicate their location mentally to Paladin. Not a great roll, but it should be enough to spot any thought patterns within a 200' in Stella's forward arc. Yeah, yeah, I forgot to buy radius on it! Good thing is it is based on the Mental Sense, so physical concealment, ie. rubble, doesn't hide anyone. Ya! :)

smuchmuch
2016-11-03, 10:19 AM
Green

"Another one !? Is everyone on crazy juice or something ?" She does not care fo this at all.

He doesn't seem to have hurt anyone too badly yet, though. Well not directly anyway. So maybe he's not as bad as the other one ?

While Lord 'Hmmm' is apparently very busy destroying market stalls and storefronts, she gesture to the people behind her to get to the side, to cover, again. smaller, more like a partial dome around the zone where the unconscious people closest to 'Lord Hmmm' are

She advances in direction of the man, smiling disarmingly with her arms extended in a gesture of non agression while trying to shout just loud enough to get his attention over his headphones.

"Hey, ...your lordship ?"
He doesn't seem all that godly more like another random guy drunk on power like the metalhead but to be fair she doesn't remember meeting a god ever before (.. or for all she know, maybe she did ?) so who knows,
.... But if he want to call himself a Lord, who is she to contradict ?

"It's some very impressive power you have" Okay so she must confess she's fibbing a little here, the Wiz and the UFO were more impressive than energy balls "but uh I don't think the people are in a state to appreciate it now. I'm not sure it's very lordly to just blow stuff up like that. If you just helped us instead, I bet they'd be really grateful for how merciful you'd be later.

I'll could even build you a nice shrine if you want ? ♪"

First standard action: Create object to create some cover for the unconscious people, not sure of the exact layout but as previously indicated, she's quite a bit of volume to work with

Extra effort to surge to have two standard actions in the round
Spending the hero point just gained (again) to shrug fatigue.

Second standard action: Trying to be nice

You can attempt it as a Standard Action, though getting him to gloat/monologue will be easier than getting him to stand down in any way.

I'm realize but calling to his better nature (even if it's done by appealing to his ego) is somewhat more in character for Green. If it doesn't work but he doesn't immediately react with violence, (and a fight doesn't break out) then she'll try something else next time her turn comes (namely bluff to get the guy away from the scene)

[roll0]

Not sure whether It'd count as a bluff or diplomacy. On one hand it's clear she's not really impressed by the guy but on the other she's not flippant or ironic about it either (and she does mean the part about building a shrine, she'd actually do it if that's all it takes. With her power it'd take her a few minutes at most.)
Roll is the same in both cases.

Green Bean
2016-11-03, 04:52 PM
Pandora's Fox

Pandora's Fox suppressed her nausea - good lord, that goatee! Also, hurting all the innocent people. Objectively, that was worse, but somehow the mass casualties invoked less visceral disgust in her.

White girl was negotiating with the guy, but honestly, it didn't sound like it was going well. Plus, he'd already taken out a bunch of first responders, which kinda merited a response. And hell, the guy even had earphones it, he was just asking for a surprise attack. Pandora's Fox flickered out of existence, and then reappeared directly behind the wiener with a weird glow about her hands that she directed in his direction. Then she vanished again and reappeared on a nearby rooftop, far enough away from the casualties and other heroes that they wouldn't backstop his counterattack.

Pandora's Fox will use Colonic Explosion, a Nauseate 10 effect with a DC 20 Fortitude Save.

Attack Roll: [roll0]

ChronicLunacy
2016-11-03, 06:52 PM
Paladin
Condition: Bruised (-3), Staggered // Device Fatigued (-1 to all ranks)

Well.

Rudy was pretty sure that the Mongoose woman had just shrugged off his last plasma blast completely and then cut through his armor straight into his...yup, that was blood and not oil that was leaking from the wound she'd torn across his ribs. The armor wasn't just smoking now; it was sparking and moving a little sluggish. He was going to have to scrap it completely and then refabricate if he managed to survive this.

Stella broke into his thoughts, advising him to save people. Ngh...negative, Stella. They'll be in danger unless we can take out these two monsters. I'll admit you're probably better at this than I am, but I have to help finish this.

Rudy, armor integrity compromised. Flight system errors. Rerouting power to plasma reactor. Suggest immediate retreat.

"No! All available power to plasma gauntlets!" Rudy ordered, targeting the Octoman even as he felt his bruised or broken ribs grind painfully in response. His gauntlet whined, but the weapon system discharged successfully...if not entirely accurately.

Blast 9 vs Octoman: [roll0] (-1 to attack and effect rank from Device Fatigue) [Blast it! Dice gods, why?!]

Raynn
2016-11-07, 02:39 PM
Hero Points0/13/21/13/35/3
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The man with the mustache simply grunts at the Pandora's Fox's little trick before turning on her with a glare. He shouts "FACE MY MIGHT HOODIE-FREAK!"

What do You do?

DC 23 Will Save from a Mental Blast for Pandora's Fox.

The Wiz is now up.

Star Born & The Paladin

The Mongoose and the Octaman focus their attacks on Star Born, hoping their combined might can overwhelm her while the Paladin is still on the ropes. Sadly for them Star Born slips out of the way of one of them, and the other isn't enough to bring her down, or harm her at all.

What do You do?

Star Born is up.

Green Bean
2016-11-07, 05:50 PM
Pandora's Fox

Pandora simply stood there, entirely unphased. (https://media.giphy.com/media/VXJWhaO7afRe/giphy.gif) "Okay. Let me know when you want to start."

Rolled in the Discord:

SidekickBOT - Today at 2:59 PM
@Green Bean: 1d20+10 = (18)+10 = 28

Zen Gypsy
2016-11-07, 08:39 PM
Luck Points: 1

As both the Mongoose and Octo-man began to pummel her psychic fields, she realized that she needed to end this quickly if she wanted the chance to get back to search and rescue. The longer she allowed herself to be delayed the more chance that innocents would die in the chaos of the silver storm.

She spun to Octo-Man, and raised her arm before bringing to forward with massive telekinetic force.

"Just surrender, so I can get back to saving lives!"

Swinging for Octo-Man, [roll0]. DC 25 Toughness check if it successfully lands. Welp, spent a Luck Point, and despite a low roll, with HP expenditure a 4 becomes 14, and then we add +10. Rolled in the OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21376931&postcount=155).

ChronicLunacy
2016-11-07, 09:52 PM
Paladin

Paladin tracked the Mongoose with his arm as she moved. With both of them making the mistake of focusing on Star Born and outright ignoring him he had plenty of time. He felt something burn him as he channeled another burst of greenish white plasma through his armor's damaged systems and for a brief moment a blinding lance of energy connected with the feral villain. Rudy let out something like a cross between an "ouch" and a victorious shout as he realized that his shot had been accurate.

Paladin's going to keep swinging for the fences at Mongoose...
Blast 9 vs Mongoose: [25] (-1 to attack and effect rank from Device Fatigue) [Rolled in OOC]

DC24 Toughness for Mongoose if he scores a hit.

Fawkes
2016-11-08, 12:32 AM
Wiz looks the stranger up and down. "You ain't look like no god I never seen. And I be done seen 'bout everything." He waves a hand around in the air. "What about you? You ever seen a house fly?" He points up to the sky. Way up over the Yellow Brick Row, high above the chimney tops, a house plummets downward toward the self-proclaimed lord.

Using an illusion to Distract him. Using skill mastery on Bluff for a 23.

Raynn
2016-11-08, 06:54 AM
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The house plummets towards as he gives a confused look towards the Wiz. For a moment it seems like he has seen through the illusion in some supreme act of situational awareness, then the Wiz realizes Mr Mustache, lord of the Mustache kingdom, never... actually... looked up. The house plummets through the man with little affect. It seems he was self-absorbed enough to not notice a house about to hit him.

What do You do?

Ms Green is up.

Star Born & The Paladin

*BOOM* *BZZZT* *CR-ACK* *BANG*

Both of the attackers knocked flying into already wrecked cars. With a triumphant shout the heroic Paladin blasts the Mongoose into the side of an abandoned ice-cream truck, while to his back Star Born telekinetically smashes Octaman into a bread delivery truck. Both the villains are too stunned to even put words together as the onslaught continues. It's go time.

What do You do?

Star Born is up.

smuchmuch
2016-11-08, 10:57 AM
Green

Green look dispointed at Pandora Fox for a moment, here she tris talking things aout and the Dog lady decie to go all 'neak attack', then gives a heartfell sighs. Oh who is she kidding ? He wasn't listening anyway. it's like everyone is a terrible person when they should all be cooperating after a terrible catastrophe. Oh well, she guess she's gotta help beat mustache guy now.

She look around the scene for something she could...

...Paramedics are slumped over unconscious patients, fire fighters are on the ground near their truck,...

yep that'll do.

"Common, little help over here, please ?" she shout to apparent thin air. Is she trying to wake up the unconcious people by shouting at them ?
*HONK*
After the sudden honking as an answer, the fire truck's headlights flash up quickly and it's motor starts up all of it's own despite it's unconcious crew
"Attaboy !" she sounds like someone talking to a pet "But mind the people around you, no crush !"

Using animate object on the fire truck
6 ranks give 90 pp to work with

Smokey the animated firetruck

Characteristics:

Char Base +Size (huge) +Density (4) Final
Str 10 +8 +8 26 (+8)
Agi 6 - - 6 (-2)
Con- +8 - -
Int 4 - - 6 (-3)
Wis 10 - - 10 (+0)
Cha 2 - - 2 (-4)
(-4-18-6-8= -36 pp)

(Note: yes it has non null int scores, because I like the idea of having animated object having a bit of werd personality. I can totaly see the firetruck being like a very large dog communicating with honks and light signals :smalltongue:

The -18 comes from the no constitution. -10 + -8 from the 8 constitution that should be gained from 8 rank of growth)

Saves:

Ref: -2
Con: immune
Will: 0 (immune mental effect)
Toughness: 14 (5 impervious)

Defense: -2 (base)
Attack: 0 (base) (8 on water canon powers)

Init: -2 (agi) +4 (improve init feat)

Fort immunities (30 pp)
Immunity to mental effects (10 pp)

Growth 8
(+8 Str
+8 constitution (due to the lack of constitution, the cost not gained is counted in characterisitcs)
-2 def and attack
+4 intimidation, -4 stealth)
feat: innate
25 pp

Density 4
(heavier,
+8 str
+ 4 protection, +2 imperviousness)
innate
13 pp

Protection +10
impervious +3
innate
(14 pp)

Speed: 2

Supersense: radio

Water canon
Blast (12)
Accurate 4
(descritor high pressured water)
Ap: Hose lasso:
Snare (12) Accurate 4)
(29 pp)

Feats:
Fearless
improved initiative
Improved pin
Improved overun
fast overrun
(5 pp)

Drawback (common, major): no legs, no hands, only wheels (-3 pp)

(-36+40+25+13+14+29+2+1++5-3)= 90 pp
-------------------------------------------------
build checked with Raynn on Discord

Smokey will roll inititative
[roll0]

The firetruck hose rise like a tentacle and after a split second of just wavering around dart in direction of the mustache man, atempting to coil around him

Snare (12)
Attack rolled in the OOc (result: 17)

Zen Gypsy
2016-11-10, 06:24 AM

Stella drifted over to the stunned Mongoose, and using her telekinetic strength began to bend and twist the wreckage of the Ice cream truck into a metallic cocoon around the stunned woman. Once this threat was suitably contained she could get back to locating the injured, and directing rescue operations, something to which she was far more suited.

She reached out mentally to Paladin, 'Lets get the other one restrained and then get back to saving lives. These two have delayed us long enough.'

Don't know if this is a Grapple check or not, perhaps using the Material Strength of the Truck as the Modifier. Either way, I am currently rocking 30 Strength, or +10, so I will make a base d20 roll, and let you make the call on how it works! [roll0]. Hopefully it's not crap!

ChronicLunacy
2016-11-10, 12:45 PM
Paladin

They may only be stunned. I don't want to leave this unfinished. Rudy thought back as he blink-clicked his EM array back online. He let out a sigh of relief as the damaged system switched over without a hitch. Then he began picking up the strongest wreckage he could find, thick steel bars if possible, and wrapping them around the Octoman with sweeping motions of his gauntlets. He did it in a way that he could trap all eight limbs, even putting a stray license plate over his eyes if he had time.

Free action to switch to EM Array for Magnetic Control 10.
Power Check: [roll0]

Raynn
2016-11-10, 05:45 PM
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The man with the mustache banks out of the way of the tentacle-hose and just floats in the air staring at the animated creature dumb-founded "What- the actual.. **** guys. WTF is that?" he looks at Ms Green "Seriously?"

What do You do?

Pandora's Fox is up.

Star Born & The Paladin

The pair escape the bonds in a monstrous frenzy and continue their fruitless assault on Star Born who simply takes the hits without complaint.

What do You do?

Star Born is up.

Green Bean
2016-11-10, 06:32 PM
Pandora's Fox

Pandora's Fox quirks her head to the side as White Girl somehow coaxed a fire truck into taking action. There was some sort of 'first responder' joke to be made here, but it didn't occur to her in time, so instead, she tried another mid-air chaos laxative attack.

Attack: [roll0]

Zen Gypsy
2016-11-11, 06:29 AM

Stella sighed. "Alright then, if you won't come along peacefully we're just going to have to beat you into submission." Why did it always have to end in a brawl ... she resigned herself to the violence and reared back throwing a brutal haymaker at her feline foe.

Alright, punch-ity, punch, punch, punch. +10 Attack with 30 Strength, DC 25 if it connects. [roll0]. If, and only IF, the first attack hits, I will use Extra Effort to Surge, for a 2nd standard action.

If the first hits, and Mongoose is ko'd, the 2nd standard action will be against Octo-man, if the first hits and Mongoose is not ko'd I will attack her. [roll1].

ChronicLunacy
2016-11-11, 12:46 PM
Paladin

I just had to open my big mouth... Rudy thought, not necessarily to Stella, as both of the villains rebounded and escaped their bonds before they could be contained. They immediately jumped back into attacking her, which at least left Paladin to stand up and take another shot at Octoman. Hopefully another good shot could put him down for the count. They were starting to look almost as rough as he did, he noticed as he switched his gauntlets back to the plasma setting and fired at the betentacled badguy. Hopefully he could at least keep the two of them on their toes so they couldn't coordinate against Stella.

Free action to switch back to Blast.

Blast 9 vs Octoman: [roll0] (-1 to attack and effect rank from Device Fatigue) [Le sigh...]
DC24 Toughness for Octoman if he scores a hit.

Raynn
2016-11-11, 02:14 PM
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

In a serious of loud choking noises, a sudden pallor, and some possible barfing Lord Etheric falls through the air and collides with the ground far below with a thud. He tries meekly to get up, but he can barely move and is clearly incredibly ill.

What do You do?

The Wiz is up.

Star Born & The Paladin

The attacks both go wide and Star Born remains under an absolutely punishing, yet somehow totally ineffectual, assault.

What do You do?

Star Born is up.

Fawkes
2016-11-11, 02:44 PM
Wiz walks over to the fallen 'god' and squats down next to him. "Yo. Be honest. Ya crapped your pants, didn't ya?" He flicks his wrist, and a card appears between his fingers. "We gonna play a little game, yeah?" He drops the in front of Etheric, face down. "That card be your lifeline. Take a good long look at her. Then, what we gonna do, is you gonna tell us what ya got." He points at Dorothy. "An this bird's gonna tell us if she thinks you're tellin' the truth. Now, if she gets it right, you comin' with us. But if ya can bluff 'er, and she gets it wrong, we gonna stop that tornado whirlin' through your insides, and let ya go. Howzat sound?"

The moment Etheric picks up the card to look at it, it blows up in his face.

Raynn
2016-11-13, 07:06 AM
Hero Points0/14/22/13/35/3
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

As the smoke clears you see Lord Etheric unconscious, a little worse for wear, on the ground. In the distance the trio of heroes can hear several loud detonations, from ruined cars, telekinetic blasts, and electromagnetic pulses. The ruckus they realize, in the distance, has been going on for quite some time.

What do You do?

You all gain 1 Hero Point

Fawkes
2016-11-13, 03:03 PM
"Guess I win." Wiz ignores the ruckus for now and instead roots around through Etheric's pockets. "Yo, this dude stinks like old kimchee. Whatchu do to 'im, Banksy?"

smuchmuch
2016-11-14, 08:56 PM
Green

... claps politely at Wiz trick, after hse made sure with her foot the man is still alive if a little worse for wear. Not that there'd be a lot of ove lost here but technicaly he ddn't kill anyone so death would feel a little brutal ".. Ta-daa ?"
She'd be geting more excited about the Wiz magic and playing along as an 'assistant' (.. she likes utting on a show.. she thinks ?) if the circumstanes weren't what they are, but y'now theere are those fighting noises in the background, along with the occasional scremas and the genral desolation, it kind of bum her out for some reason.

"Smokey could tie him up ?" she still offer helpfully to contribute tot 'what to do with him debate' as she walk in direction of the beaten first responders. When she gets there she affectuously pats the flank of firetruck "good boy." before turning her attention to one of the firemen.

She takes him into her arm and very gently lie on the truck flatboard then shake him gently while lookng at his chest and to see if it's doing the rhytmtic thing what with the air and the breathing and all.
"hey Mister are you alright ?" Then she removes his helmet and asking Smokey for little cold water from smokey Hose, and apllies a litle on the face, on the cheek, forehead and around he eyes while making sure not to get some into the mouth (people and their breathing, so cute. but not fan of drowning .. she should know she's people too.)

"Hey Mister ?"

I assume since we're out of combat time and theyre just unconcious, not injured, with enough time and a gentle touch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3jOr4JUKIQ), she'd end up waking some of the first responders

but in case it's needed, there's a medecine check to see if she could wake a couple od them quick enough to maybe able to still maybe help with the moongoose/octoman fight.

[roll0]

Ps: Moving, slapping or splash water on an unconcious person faces are actual big do not of fiirst aid but given the nature of the injuries, I think the way she does it, she's at least not doing more harm either....

Zen Gypsy
2016-11-15, 06:24 AM

Stella lashed in rapid succession at her Feline foe, in an effort to drop her so that she and Paladin could concentrate on Octo-man and get back to saving lives.

Similar to my previous action, targeting Mongoose, attack, and if it hits, I will extra-effort for a Surge, and use that 2nd attack to perform a follow up. Here goes. [roll0], DC 25 Toughness if it connects.

If it does, Extra Effort to Surge, and I will use the 2nd Standard action to perform a follow up attack, [roll1], DC 25 Toughness, as usual.

Raynn
2016-11-15, 07:18 AM
Hero Points2/14/22/14/35/3
Freelance Reporter,
Gray Ghost's Intern,
Responsibilities,
Amnesia

The firemen and first responders begin to awaken. The one with water poured is face wakes up with a start "wh- what?" he sees the trio of heroes "WHAT is going on?"

What do You do?

Star Born & The Paladin

*BOOM* *BOOM*

Almost out of nowhere two telekinetic blasts smashes the Mongoose, then the Octaman, flying, knocking them both unconscious ending the long drawn out battle in an instant.

What do You do?

The Paladin and Star Born gain 2 Hero Points.

ChronicLunacy
2016-11-15, 10:48 AM
Paladin

"Great work, Stella." Rudy said as he pulled his sparking, damaged armor over to where the two had gone down and started using his EM emitters to create a thick, steel cinch around all of the Octoman's limbs except his bottom two so that they could keep him contained if he woke up. "I'm afraid I didn't do much more than provide another target for them for most of that, but all around I'm glad with the result." he admitted.

"And we got a chance to meet, which I hope should prove fortuitous. I was hoping that you and I could get a chance to speak privately after this. I have some ideas that I wanted to go over with like-minded individuals, those like you who jump in when they see that people need help. I would very much like you to be my first guest aboard Vigilant One." Rudy added sincerely. She was a little too quick to action, actually, but that was what he liked in a way. This team he was putting together needed someone to call the shots mid-fight, to direct and assist the way she had been. Rudy could come up with an ingenious battle plan, but as was plain to see he wasn't the strongest fighter out there. He needed a field leader to work with him.

Fawkes
2016-11-15, 02:06 PM
For his next trick, Wiz makes a phone and wallet disappear from Etheric's pockets. He flips a student ID card to Phantom Fox. "'Nother name for ya."

He looks out over the Row. "Seems the party's wrapped up, yeah?"

smuchmuch
2016-11-17, 12:04 PM
Green

"Hey, how you feeling ? how many fingers, I'm holding up ?" The person probably awake with the vision of a hand being very quickly waved in front of his eyes and the grinning teen girl it belongs to looking at him while talking very quickly while tilting her head in an over enthusiastic attempt at ensuring of his well being.

"WHAT is going on?"

“You don’t know ? Darn, I was hoping someone did !”
Well, that make sense tho, after all she woke up recently too and she’s not sure what happened before she woke up either ! Must be most common that she though. “How much you remember ?”

“Well, let’s see, as far as I can tell there was a huge disaster. So unless you were all on the way to some first responder themed costume party, I guess you all came to help with that ? it’s what people with your uniform do, right ? Really doesn't ring a bell ?”

“Oh but you want to watch for all the flying people fighting around. Like these two ! Don’t make even eye contact, they’ll kill you ! They’ll kill us all !”

.. Nah I’m kidding. ♪ They were saving lives.” It’s important to try to uplift the mood in a crisis.

“...It’s that guy, Lord Hmm, you want to watch out for.” she points at the unconcious lord Aetheric who is currently being constricted into a tight firehose snare ”Hope you don’t mind if I asked Smok.. I mean ECFD engine n°13 to help, you should give him a full refurbishment by the way, he’s been a good boy; but that guy’s angry, lemme tell ya. I think he scrambled your head something good.”

Now she thinks about it, maybe she was zapped by this guy too ? He seems to have power that mess with your head, that’d explain the headache, before taking a bridge on her head ? ...It’s not impossible but the way the others reacted to him, seems he wasn’t there before they came back from laser guy, so the timing doesn’t fit.

“...And there was another guy dressed like some metal dude with lasers way over there. Pretty deadly so you probably want to let cops untie them up.” she points at the roof where the UFO fight happened then to the place where the fight noise were coming from for a while then other plces with one hand while enumerating with the other ”And an octopus man but flying girl and a guy in armor went to deal with it. Also a collapsed bridge and burning cars about two forks away. Oh and there at least three people with damaged legs over there, tried to help but couldn’t fix” Okay so she’s digressing a bit from the crazy flying people but it’s still bad and relevant to firemen too.

“...And I think you’re up to date !” she concludes her little recap with a cheery smile and a thumb up “Good luck with your job. Anything else I can help you with ?”

Green Bean
2016-11-20, 06:52 PM
Pandora's Fox

Pandora's Fox wasn't exactly sure how The Wiz knew she was a journalist, but she graciously accepted the two IDs and mentally moved the man to the top of her pressing leads pile. She'd have to run The Wiz down ASAP. "Nah, stuff's just getting started. I gotta get back to work." She teleports off into the blast zone and resumes the work of pulling people out of the rubble (or if it was easier, pulling the rubble off of the people). Investigations were good, but right now it was a matter of priorities.

Raynn
2016-11-27, 12:03 AM
Everyone

Finally, the five heroes meet in the Yellow Brick Row. With duo of Octaman and the Mongoose defeated, Star Born and the Paladin bring them back to the Row to hand off to the authorities who are only now arriving in any mount of force. The emergency services begin to direct the heroes, having more than come to appreciate their assistance all of a sudden. This of course provides ample opportunity for Starborn and Paladin to notice the Wiz, Pandora's Fox, and Miss Green, helping civilians out from under the rubble.

What do You do?

Sorry for the delay, real life has been kicking my ass of late so I've only been popping onto discord between doing other stuff. Anyway, you guys can finally get a word with each other in this moment of calm that I am sure will last.

Zen Gypsy
2016-11-27, 07:01 AM

"Great work, Stella. I'm afraid I didn't do much more than provide another target for them for most of that, but all around I'm glad with the result."

"And we got a chance to meet, which I hope should prove fortuitous. I was hoping that you and I could get a chance to speak privately after this. I have some ideas that I wanted to go over with like-minded individuals, those like you who jump in when they see that people need help. I would very much like you to be my first guest aboard Vigilant One."

Stella turned, though she was smiling at the praise, there was a furrow between her brow, "Thanks for the compliment Paladin, but all I feel is that I allowed myself to be dragged into a brawl and distracted from the larger threat," with a wave of her hand she indicated the devastation around them, "honestly, it felt like a rookie move." She shrugged, self consciously, "Let's see if we can co-ordinate some rescue efforts, there are still alot of people trapped, and I can direct emergency crews." She turned, noticed a second collection of colorful individuals, "Errr, more trouble, or ... allies?"

ChronicLunacy
2016-11-28, 12:35 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/34f16qu.jpg Paladin

"Let's...assume allies, for now. Unless they give us reason to believe otherwise. I don't know about you, but I'm not exactly in prime condition for another brawl just this moment." Rudy said. Even through the speaker, altering the sound of his voice to make him deeper and more heroic, he sounded tired and bruised. "Besides, you're right. There's still a lot more work to do." he said, trudging over to where Pandora's Fox was teleporting people out of the rubble.

Rudy, now that we have reestablished communication, I am getting some scattered police reports and cell phone videos from the web about the other metahumans there. It seems that they ran into some trouble in much the same way you did. Though they seem to have fared slightly better.

"Good to know. I appreciate the sass, by the way, Rosie."

I am afraid I don't know what you're talking about, Rudy. I am simply stating the facts. I am not enjoying your discomfort, nor will I say 'I told you so.' That would be beneath my programming.

"Yeah, right. Seeing as I programmed you, I know for a fact it isn't."

Rosie didn't always understand the finer points of humor, but she did get a little bit of an attitude, especially when Rudy decided to put himself in needless danger. Rudy was continuously amazed at the depth of emotion the AI could feel, as well as her ability to hide it behind levity and sarcasm. He knew that he couldn't take all the credit, that her programming had far exceeded his initial designs. She'd evolved into something truly sentient, even if for the most part she liked to hide her full capability behind this kind of robot butler thing, a bit like her namesake.

Paladin landed next to Pandora's Fox and held up his gauntlets, switching them over to EM. "Want a hand?" he asked even as he took hold of the metal girders holding the pile together and lifted the majority of it up and off the car trapped beneath. "I'm Paladin. The impressive, young lady over there is Stella. I take it the two of us weren't the only ones that had to deal with some unexpected troublemakers. Is everyone alright?" he asked.

Fawkes
2016-11-28, 12:21 PM
Wiz, meanwhile, is conspicuously making a big show of being helpful without actually doing much work. He nudges Green when Paladin and Stella show up. "Yo, D, you 'membering any of these cats?"

smuchmuch
2016-11-28, 12:36 PM
Green

"Yo, D, you 'membering any of these cats?"

Green tenses when Wiz point at incoming people but then she recognize them and just give a wave. Hi there.
"Oh ya, it's the flying girl and armor guy, I just mentioned"
it's like people jsut weren't listening to her helpfull and oh so consice and in no way scatterbrained recap. "yes they were here like fifteen minutes ago. The girl lifted the bridge of me ?"

"One, two, three, four ♪
Search the place and dig the floor
Five, six, seven, eight ♪
Lift the rubble and all that weight "

Some of the griders lift by paladin sudenly bend and elongate to dig into the ground forming some metalic pillars pillars ending in small support platforms, Not enough to carry the load by tiself (it's quickly done en passant and clearly unstable) but it might help aleviate the weight.

"nine and ten
unless we get intrupted again ♪"

Yes, she's improvidsing some kind of 'first response' cheers under her breath while she's lugging unconcious and wounded people around to the reorganising group of first responder.
With her powers she'd be better at clearing rubble and helping people out of tight spots but she can't detect any who like to get those who have been already digged out of the way and into good care jsut in case another crazy person arrives and thrid time the charm.

"One two three four ♪
Here ya go on the strech-er
six, seven to ten ♪
I ..er...hope it's not too a-broken ?
Take a breath
Accept no death
band aids and Anaesthetic
Go paramedics ! ♪

... don't look at me like that. It's about the feelings conveyed, rihght ? Not the quality of the lyrics"

Fawkes
2016-11-30, 01:30 PM
"I meant, like, 'fore all that, but whatevs." Wiz listens to about three lines of her song before desperately needing a distraction. He looks upward and shouts at the new arrivals. "Yo, Tin Man! Starchild! What up? You know what started this mess?"

Zen Gypsy
2016-11-30, 06:54 PM

She shook her head at the newcomer, "No, I was just taking a break from studying for mid-terms decided to grab some essentials, and BOOM!" She shrugged, "I am sure you saw the rest, a silver cloud, at first I thought it was concrete dust, but then I noticed the arcs of that blue energy we all saw. I started reaching out, touching the minds of those trapped behind rubble, started moving it, wanted to get them to the EMT's, when I saw Octo-dude, and Feral chick over there." She pointed to the assailants, "Hopefully AEGIS will get a containment unit down here for them, but until then we need to keep focused on the survivors."

Green Bean
2016-11-30, 11:37 PM
Pandora's Fox

Pandora's Fox stood aside to let Paladin do his thing, since she wasn't a lifter herself. "Pandora's Fox. Nice suit - must be pretty expensive." Her voice was a little muffled and distorted on account of the gas mask, but somehow she still managed to make her tone sound simultaneously complimentary, accusatory, and just a teensy bit flirtatious.

smuchmuch
2016-12-01, 12:37 AM
Green

"I meant, like, 'fore all that, but whatevs."

"Before ?" Green seems almost lost for a second before she gets it. Oh, now she feel dumb, but to be fair...
Of course there had to be a 'before', right ? Even if there was no recollections. It's just that with all that had happened, concern about her memories sort of ..well not slipped her mind but it did shift priorities. And the fact is, she still not really worried about it. It's like.; there's a void but she doesn't feel much of a sense of loss where she's sure she should be panicking but she's where she should be , doing what she should do, everything else is gravyy, it'll all be all right eventualy.

Still, to be helpfull as she can, she takes a few more second sto rake her brain a bit. ... Nope still a complete blank.
"..Oh... uh.. No ? I don't think so ?" sorry

And then she shrugs and go do the saving (or at least helping to save.. ) peoples while singing to herself thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully AEGIS will get a containment unit down here for them, but until then we need to keep focused on the survivors."

"I can have Smokey tie them up good, just in case they wake up early, if you want" Green offers off handedly while passing on her way to drgaing someone else.

ChronicLunacy
2016-12-01, 02:34 AM

"Well, it's usually rather expensive, but it's basically so much scrap after the Octoman and that Feral woman got through with it. I'll need to design the next one with a different armor material. Or perhaps a miniaturized forcefield projector like- Oh, sorry, I'm getting off track." Paladin straightened, "I wasn't able to detect what started all of this, but I was hoping to speak to all of you once we're done here. May I invite all of you back to my home for a discussion about the future? Perhaps lunch?" he used the suit's speaker to amplify his voice a bit in case the other heroes were further away. "You all ran toward the danger instead of away, jumped to assist trapped people and didn't hesitate to battle some strangely otherworldly villains if the various cell phone videos I'm getting off of the Internet are accurate. You all seem exactly like the type of heroes I'm interested in making part of something larger."

Fawkes
2016-12-01, 01:13 PM
"Internet video? Oh, snap, am I trending?" Wiz pulls out a phone that looks suspiciously like Lightshow's and checks Twitter. "Rad." He turns back to Paladin, the phone disappearing from his hands. "Something larger? Dunno about all that, but I can do lunch. You buying, yeah?"

Green Bean
2016-12-01, 11:49 PM
Pandora's Fox

"Normally I like to know who's picking up the tab...but what the hell, you helped people today. Long as it's informal." She knew she had a lot of work ahead of her covering this story, but the mainstream media would suffice for most of the immediate chaos. She wasn't big on the up-to-the-minute style reporting anyway; long-form investigative work was her speed, and that meant building some sources.

ChronicLunacy
2016-12-01, 11:53 PM

"Buying and, even better, I'll be cooking. Don't worry, it'll be very informal. We can get to know each other better and you all can feel free to explore my headquarters. I think you'll find it quite the sight." Paladin nodded. He smiled, but that didn't translate well through the expressionless visor on his helmet.

smuchmuch
2016-12-12, 10:52 PM
Green

"Oh ...intruiguing ♪"
And maybe a little ominious ? They barely met after some event that give special powers aand he's already inviting everyone in some isolated HQ for dinner .....Naaah, the idea barely even cross Green's mind and is almost imediatly dismissed as silly. (Guess she wans't raised with Stranger Danger in mind or just doesn't care... That and she's got superpowers like everyone involved.)

"Is it on top of the Emerald tower ?" Gotta be it, that's is the highest view she can think off.

Although thinking about this whole offer...

Something greater" ? Is he actualy...
"Sooo we just met and you're trying to recruit us in some kind of team just cause we have superpowers ? ...Man, I though comic books were fiction, not documentaries." Clearly she has much to learn, she scratches her head, shrugs and then concludes "Cool. Noted ♪"

ChronicLunacy
2016-12-13, 02:41 AM

"Just a tad higher than Emerald Tower, actually." This time you could hear the grin in Paladin's voice even through the voice modulating effects of the helmet. "And ah, yes, I'm sure it seems a bit odd, but how often really do you meet other super people? I've decided to show you all a little trust. A small leap of faith, if you will. This way all of you can decide if or how you will respond on your own terms."

smuchmuch
2016-12-13, 04:53 AM
Green

"Statisticaly ? Like, I just met six, eight if we count the two you brought, in like half an hour ? At one every 3.45 mintutes on averageit kinda throw off the curve y'know.". But she can tell it's not an usuusal occasion. "...But yeah, I guess no, people usualy don't fly or shoot lasers" The abunbdance of elevaators and the apparent lack of lazer proofing sort of atest to that ".. then again you are all wearing masks and helmets so maybe you met more than you know, you just didn't knew it ?"

Green concludes as she bend some metal bar as a rising platform to check throlugh a second stair window to whatseems to be some slumped figures.. No she can already tell they're done, part of upstairs apprtement right on their head, probably nothing that can be done for 'em, bummer.

"So I've been thinking maybe if we could pinpoit the epicenter of the explosion, gotta be close since most of the damage is right here, right, maybe there's some residuals or hint of what caused it in the first place ? And make sure there isn't going to be another. Anyone saw anything while flying around ?"

Green Bean
2016-12-15, 11:18 AM
Pandora's Fox

Pandora's Fox looked up from the rubble she was ever-so-carefully disintegrating in an incomprehensible way and shrugged. "Epicentre shouldn't be too hard, but I'm not a scientist. Couldn't tell you the first thing about residue." Fortunately, she knew a number of people who did, but she was hardly going to disclose her sources. She had integrity.

smuchmuch
2016-12-20, 04:45 PM
Green

"Well uh, I guess it'd be more of the police job I guess and those other guys, AEGIS, right ? but.." Green answers after a while as she leads a concious but still in shock group of people trapped ont he second floor.. Well the police aren't here now yet except for one of two cars who are already busy (quelling the flood of rescue away from the streets, hopefully) and she's curious now. So once she's done stabilising those stairs to make sure these peoples get out "Off you go now, first response is that way, have a nice day." she's off to get a better look around.

She does get a reaction betweena fascinated stare and a slight wince when/(if) she gets eventually closer to Fox disolving rubble in her mysterious quantic ways (... beyond the normal confused reaction that Pandora Fox usualy probably get that is) "if it ain't to indiscreet of me to ask, dog lady but what are you doing ? And why does it smell like.. blue ?"