PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Bastard swords

Mighty Physche
2016-10-20, 04:56 PM
Other than Daisho proficiency, what other weapons count as bastard sword. For example eleven court blade counts as great sword for feat and requirements that require a great sword.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-10-20, 05:50 PM
Other than Daisho proficiency, what other weapons count as bastard sword. For example eleven court blade counts as great sword for feat and requirements that require a great sword.The sun blade from the DMG counts as both a bastard sword and a short sword for all purposes. It IS a bastard sword, but it's a short sword, too.

Rebel7284
2016-10-20, 09:51 PM
I recall some adventure path has a cheaper version of the sun sword.

jedikiller
2016-10-20, 10:52 PM
I have used a bastard sword with a Human Ex-Paladin/Blackguard. It was a +3 unholy,vorpal,keen,flaming bastard sword and i tore through the party when they tried to kill me for being a blackguard. :smalltongue:

Mordaedil
2016-10-21, 04:33 AM
In older editions of D&D, bastard swords used to deal 2d4 damage instead of 1d10.

That's all I can really say on the topic, because I think katanas are he only real exception in this case.

Blackhawk748
2016-10-21, 05:53 AM
Other than Daisho proficiency, what other weapons count as bastard sword. For example eleven court blade counts as great sword for feat and requirements that require a great sword.

Im not sure if there are anymore things that count as Bastard swords, but if your looking for neat things to do with them Exotic Weapon Master lets you count as if your two handing your bastard sword for Power Attack purposes, so now you can dual wield them while still Power Attacking.

Mighty Physche
2016-10-21, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. 👍