PDA

View Full Version : Player Help OotA Mushroom Half-Plate Rarity?

Oramac
2016-10-21, 08:04 AM
I've looked high and low for this, and can't seem to find it.

In Out of the Abyss, around the 5-6th level mark there's a set of half-plate armor made out of mushrooms that grants poison resistance. I'm trying to figure out what other properties (if any) it has, and more importantly, what rarity it is.

Anyone know?

Gastronomie
2016-10-21, 08:10 AM
If that's an item that appeared in a campaign you're in, chances are it's a homebrew item of the DM. I didn't see it when I read OotA (all the magic items are listed in the last pages, and that didn't belong in there).

mgshamster
2016-10-21, 08:26 AM
That's not in the default OotA. However, there is an Armor of Resistance (Rare) in the DMG. Page 152. That sounds like it with a bit of mushroom flavor added.

Oramac
2016-10-21, 08:36 AM
That's not in the default OotA. However, there is an Armor of Resistance (Rare) in the DMG. Page 152. That sounds like it with a bit of mushroom flavor added.

Come to think of it, our DM does like to add little flavor bits like that. I bet it is a regular armor of resistance.

Thanks!

Plaguescarred
2016-10-21, 08:43 AM
Come to think of it, our DM does like to add little flavor bits like that. I bet it is a regular armor of resistance.

Thanks!Unless it also give any AC bonus, in which case it's definitly homebrew/houserule.

Oramac
2016-10-21, 09:00 AM
Unless it also give any AC bonus, in which case it's definitly homebrew/houserule.

It was in Adventurer's League, so it's definitely not homebrew.

Falcon X
2016-10-21, 09:07 AM
I remember there being a fungus-based clothing material in 3.5. I was going to cite it for precedence, but I can't find it anywhere :(

RulesJD
2016-10-21, 09:17 AM
I've looked high and low for this, and can't seem to find it.

In Out of the Abyss, around the 5-6th level mark there's a set of half-plate armor made out of mushrooms that grants poison resistance. I'm trying to figure out what other properties (if any) it has, and more importantly, what rarity it is.

Anyone know?

The Mushroom Half-Plate was from an Adventurer's League module called DDEX 3-11 The Quest for Sporedome. It's rarity is Rare and it requires attunement.

Oramac
2016-10-21, 09:30 AM
The Mushroom Half-Plate was from an Adventurer's League module called DDEX 3-11 The Quest for Sporedome. It's rarity is Rare and it requires attunement.

Ahh! I do remember Sporedome. Good deal.

Thanks!

Arkhios
2016-10-21, 03:56 PM
And not too fiddly creation ruleswise either. There's a table in the DMG that literally allows for a magic item be crafted from an unusual material which doesn't affect the base item's durability. Basically hidden-between-lines justification for more non-metal armor options for druids

That said, this armor sounds cool!

Oramac
2016-10-21, 03:59 PM
Basically hidden-between-lines justification for more non-metal armor options for druids

That's exactly what it was intended for. But the druid in our party didn't want it, so I grabbed it.

Spore
2016-10-21, 04:00 PM
Reading the thread title I was thinking about some sort of Half-Mushroom race character creature creating dishes with half mushrooms and half of other ingredients. I guess I should check my sleep schedule.

Coidzor
2016-10-21, 07:52 PM
Reading the thread title I was thinking about some sort of Half-Mushroom race character creature creating dishes with half mushrooms and half of other ingredients. I guess I should check my sleep schedule.

The DNDization of the Plump Helmet Men of Dwarf Fortress infamy, eh? :smallamused:

SharkForce
2016-10-21, 10:35 PM
The DNDization of the Plump Helmet Men of Dwarf Fortress infamy, eh? :smallamused:

do the dishes menace with spikes of giant spider silk?

Spore
2016-10-22, 07:47 AM

I guess? At least I know how people feel when listening to my incredibly exotic taste in humor.