PDA

View Full Version : Hair? On MY Aang?

Yellow
2007-07-11, 04:50 PM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7629

Guess the new season isn't too far off.

Jerthanis
2007-07-11, 05:47 PM
Finally we get some news about this. I've been waiting forever to find out when Book 3 would start. September it says? Still a long way to wait.

Also: I thought I would murder folks when Zuko abandoned the topknot, but I got accustomed to Zuko with hair, and don't mind it anymore. The same thing could happen with Aang maybe?

Finally: The idea of a live-action Avatar movie series is silly and pointless to me, why make a movie to tell the same story in less time, using more money? Sounds like a waste of time to me. With M Night directing it, the quality will be distinctly hit-or-miss. Also, which child actors will be able to pull off those roles? Of course, it'll just take one awesome trailer to win me over, so I guess I count as up-in-the-air at this point.

Yellow
2007-07-11, 06:19 PM
Also: I thought I would murder folks when Zuko abandoned the topknot, but I got accustomed to Zuko with hair, and don't mind it anymore. The same thing could happen with Aang maybe?

It seems strange, to me. They apparently changed their hair to sneak into the Fire Nation, but Katara is the only one who might actually fool someone. xD

Sokka appears to have simply stopped shaving the sides, Toph just lost the poofies, and Aang... well, The hair growing is a good start, but he didn't quite hide the rather distinctive arrow. Of course, it's possible he'll just wear a hat and grew the hair to cover the tattoo on the back of his head.

Finally: The idea of a live-action Avatar movie series is silly and pointless to me, why make a movie to tell the same story in less time, using more money? Sounds like a waste of time to me. With M Night directing it, the quality will be distinctly hit-or-miss. Also, which child actors will be able to pull off those roles? Of course, it'll just take one awesome trailer to win me over, so I guess I count as up-in-the-air at this point.

My one big fear is that it'll be a bunch of child starlet kids using wire-fu instead of the styles the bending is actually based on.

Lemur
2007-07-11, 07:36 PM
For a moment there, I though Toph was doing an M. Bison impression. I was disappointed when I realized that it was her hair instead. What I'm trying to say is, Toph should wear a hat.

Green Bean
2007-07-12, 01:31 AM
Yeee! New Season!

Though I gotta admit that the art style they're using for the DVD cover is making them look kind of weird, but I'm going to reserve judgement until I can see how 'the hair of doom' looks in the show.

Yellow
2007-07-12, 01:33 AM
Actually, I kinda see it.

If the bangs somehow formed a visor it would look like Bison's hat. :O

Also just noticed that Sokka appears to have a sword... or some kinda tiny lance.