PDA

View Full Version : CK2: Is there any point in reforming paganism if already feudal?

MonkeySage
2016-10-21, 04:39 PM
The reformed faith would not have a secular religious head, all I would gain from reforming is the Holy War CB.

I have ultimogeniture succession and I'm feudal.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2016-10-21, 05:01 PM
Really all depends on how much you expect to use the Holy War CB. Or for RP awesomeness.

Artanis
2016-10-21, 10:03 PM
The reformed faith would not have a secular religious head, all I would gain from reforming is the Holy War CB.

I have ultimogeniture succession and I'm feudal.

Conversions. Your Court Chaplain gets better at his job, and you're actually able to demand that people convert.

Corvus
2016-10-22, 05:46 PM
Quite a number of reasons actually.

You get permanent +20% authority to your religion when you reform.
Other faiths can no longer send missionaries.
It makes it easier to convert to your faith and harder to convert away from.
You get a High Priest which, in the cause of Germanics, can be the player I believe.
You can get Great Holy Wars.
You get access to a Holy Warrior Order.

Staying unreformed means that, no matter how hard you try, your religion will die out.

Flickerdart
2016-10-22, 08:37 PM
You get permanent +20% authority to your religion when you reform.

What good is this if unreformed pagans can't have heresies?

Alex Knight
2016-10-22, 09:44 PM
What good is this if unreformed pagans can't have heresies?

Harder for others to convert your territory if you lose it in a war.

Corvus
2016-10-22, 09:49 PM
It also makes it easier for you to convert territories that you take. Conversion works, partially, by comparing the authority of the religion of the population and the religion trying to be imposed on them. If you only have 40% authority and are trying to convert a 100% authority population then it will take a long long time, if ever.

mollylayne
2016-11-03, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the wonderful Information..

MonkeySage
2016-11-05, 12:20 PM
Well in the end, I'm glad I chose to reform... I was playing as the Petty Queen of Gwynedd, when I chose to reform, it took her only 50 years to unify all of Prydain as the first druidic empress... And holy crap what a martial score she had at the end of it. She started with fairly high martial, of course... but her martial score doubled as she continued go warlord on the Isles(At the time of her death, she had a martial score of 32). She effortlessly subjugated the viking occupiers, including the Petty King of Jorvik, and once she gained her holy war cb, she was able to conquer the entirety of Prydain, and gain a foothold in the mainland by winning a holy war against the king of aquitaine.