PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Painter: A Monastic Tradition (PEACH)

PapaQuackers
2016-10-21, 10:14 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k0_MetkuNE9YudnZZp5ebO4dq_mm93YbYGpC9fC1HDY/pub

This a new Monastic Tradition that revolves around effecting the environment and people around you using paint.

This is only the 1st draft so there may be some wording/clarity problems, (sorry about that), I'd love any feed back.

Calen
2016-10-22, 09:14 AM
Overall an interesting concept.

Some notes.
You use lather for all your descriptions.

a frothy white mass of bubbles produced by soap or a similar cleansing substance when mixed with water.

Under Red Paint, change flame to fire

Paint a Portal: You need to define a size of a portal, the action required, a maximum distance traveled and a maximum number of portals that can be active at a time.

PapaQuackers
2016-10-22, 10:22 AM
Bleh, it was really late at night when I was working on that.

Changed all instances of lather with coated.

Specified all parameters on Paint A Portal.

Any other feedback?

Edge
2016-10-22, 05:02 PM
Blue Paint's second effect currently does nothing, as creatures generally only get 1 Action. Movement in 5e is not actually an action, it's Movement. Should probably be rephrased to "can only move on any round where it takes no Action, and can only take an Action on a round it hasn't moved," or something to that effect.

PapaQuackers
2016-10-22, 07:07 PM
Adjusted appropriately to what I actually meant!

I was more meaning they could only use a single action, or bonus action, or reaction. As in you had to choose one out of those three.

Thanks for clearing it up!