PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Class Ideas & Variations

Help there's a
2016-10-23, 09:52 AM
So I'm running a homebrew campaign/game system called Destined for Legend, and the PC's have recently asked me about multiclassing to:
-"Berserker"
-"Summoner [Weapon]"
-"Cultist"
- "Alchemist" (The skeleton rouge really likes explosions.)
- "Thrallherd"
and a few other odd classes. Does anyone have advice/ideas that might help? I hadn't planned on any f these classes being used...

root
2016-10-23, 11:13 AM
If it's class based, it shouldn't be too hard to refluff some classes to fit the bill. Taking D&D 3.5 as a starting point, you could easily play a rogue or a wizard as an alchemist (a more mundane type with the former, mainly focusing on skills, and just refluffing magically in the latter. A fireball is just a firebomb, and no you can't make into a trap easily because the ingredients are too reactive. You'd want delayed fireball or rune of warding for that)

You should probably ask your players what exactly do they expect from these class names and see if their vision can be accomodated in some way via already existing mechanics/ classes. Depending on how flexible the game system is, you might not even need to do any work.

Thrudd
2016-10-23, 04:44 PM
So I'm running a homebrew campaign/game system called Destined for Legend, and the PC's have recently asked me about multiclassing to:
-"Berserker"
-"Summoner [Weapon]"
-"Cultist"
- "Thrallherd"
and a few other odd classes. Does anyone have advice/ideas that might help? I hadn't planned on any f these classes being used...
I don't understand. So the players are asking to play as classes that aren't in your game? Where would they even get the idea that these are things they could be? If it's your game, you tell them what's available to play.

If you're asking for help adding stuff to your homebrew game, we'd need to know a lot more information about your game and its rules. I mean, how could we even start to answer any questions about a game nobody else has ever heard of?

Xuc Xac
2016-10-23, 05:28 PM

I believe that should be "squelette rouge".

Help there's a
2016-10-25, 07:17 PM
No, no. He's a skeleton. Trust me on this.

Herobizkit
2016-10-26, 05:37 AM
Pathfinder (3x D&D) has an online SRD that features these and other concepts as Archetypes that modify their base classes and/or are their own classes outright.

Based on concept alone:

"Berserker": a wild warrior who taps into some kind of rage/focus to get tougher and stronger. D&D Barbarian.
"Summoner [weapon]": someone who can conjure sword or whatever out of thin air. D&D most casters; Warlock.
"Cultist": more a title than a class, could be a flavor of a holy/dedicated person willing to do anything to further the cause. D&D Cleric/Druid.
"Alchemist": someone who mixes potions to throw, drink, or otherwise change things. Pathfinder has a GREAT class for that.
"Thrallherd": someone who uses psychic mind control to create one or more loyal (dominated) henchmen (slaves). D&D Psion.