PDA

View Full Version : Need help with warlock after many homebrew rules!

WhiteBread
2016-10-23, 12:32 PM
Hey guys, my DM recently killed off our characters to start a new campaign. We played for around year around every 2nd weekend. He thinks we now know the rules good enough to make better choices at start.
We had some very bad players (bad featchoices etc) and actually were happy hearing a new campaign would start.
Well until we got a lot of houserules out of nowhere when most of us had their characters already finished. I can't play druid anymore as that was pretty much killed off. As well as most tier 2 and higher.
Now i want to play a warlock because of the buffs tier 4 have gotten. And really need your help if there is anything i can use with the houserules to make my warlock better.

Houserules that affect me :

1. Defensive Casting costs is not tied to a secondary tumble check from AoO's. Basically i need a higher tumble check somehow?

2. Tier 3 and below got a 32 point buy. What kind of array would make sense.

3. Partial gestalt for anything below or tier 3. Main reason i wanna play warlock is because of this. I can take the saves, bab and hit dice of another npc class. Full bab warrior all the way or something different?
What can i do with this?

4. Warforged are more or less banned. Being one is equivalent to being tier 2 it seems.

5. Only 3 classes max(prc = 1class, dip = 1class)

Arguing doesn't work and most books with 3.5 are allowed. Feats got no nerfs an are allowed if we have the book( dragon magazine is maybe out, but he might be more helpful with a tier 4 class).

What i have so far is a warlock/binder(dip)/hellfire warlock going for iterative attack with glaive ability. Do i have to fear the concentration checks?

khadgar567
2016-10-23, 12:35 PM
classic question what books are on table and what is the setting

WhiteBread
2016-10-23, 12:39 PM
classic question what books are on table and what is the setting

Own setting so setting specific is okay we can just refluff. All 3.5 books are game so far, we should have all official books and even some nonofficial. Warlock books can be added as he has no support from most books. (As far as i know there are only 6 and we got all 6). If there is something very nice in a specific book i can ask for that.

Edit: I might want to do Warlock, Chameleon Prc, and Hellfire Warlock. Gotta think about that.

khadgar567
2016-10-23, 12:47 PM
Own setting so setting specific is okay we can just refluff. All 3.5 books are game so far, we should have all official books and even some nonofficial. Warlock books can be added as he has no support from most books. (As far as i know there are only 6 and we got all 6). If there is something very nice in a specific book i can ask for that.

Edit: I might want to do Warlock, Chameleon Prc, and Hellfire Warlock. Gotta think about that.
go classic binder1/ warlock 10/hellfire warlock 3/ warlock 7

WhiteBread
2016-10-23, 12:54 PM
go classic binder1/ warlock 10/hellfire warlock 3/ warlock 7

hmm removing the con ability dmg would be nice but the floating feat for invocations and craft feats would be really awesome too.. any way to get the binder vestige differently?

RedMage125
2016-10-23, 01:31 PM
hmm removing the con ability dmg would be nice but the floating feat for invocations and craft feats would be really awesome too.. any way to get the binder vestige differently?

It's been explicitly covered that if you negate the CON damage, you don't get the added bonus damage for HW.

erok0809
2016-10-23, 02:00 PM
It's been explicitly covered that if you negate the CON damage, you don't get the added bonus damage for HW.

That only matters for the Strongheart Vest soulmeld trick though, or other ways of being immune to Con damage. Binding Naberius just heals you of the Con damage faster than usual.

Troacctid
2016-10-23, 02:17 PM
I would snap-pick Expert for my gestalt. Warlocks being starved for skill points is maybe the biggest limiting factor of the class. Not only do you upgrade to 6+Int, but you also get Tumble and Diplomacy and a ton of other class skills too? That is waaay way better than just getting full BAB! Warlocks don't even care about BAB! Expert all the way.

Nifft
2016-10-23, 02:18 PM
3. Partial gestalt for anything below or tier 3. Main reason i wanna play warlock is because of this. I can take the saves, bab and hit dice of another npc class. Full bab warrior all the way or something different?
What can i do with this?

What does "partial gestalt" mean?

This seems pretty key for deciding how to optimize it.

WhiteBread
2016-10-23, 03:19 PM
What does "partial gestalt" mean?

This seems pretty key for deciding how to optimize it.

yeah it meant we were able to take npcs class as gestalt to our tier 4 and lower.. so i could take warrior for example..
Doesn't matter anymore as i left the group. Thanks for reading and trying to help!

weckar
2016-10-23, 03:40 PM
It's been explicitly covered that if you negate the CON damage, you don't get the added bonus damage for HW.Citation please?