PDA

View Full Version : Multiclassing Question

Lacrimosa
2016-10-24, 01:28 PM
Ok so I've decided to be a Warlock/Fighter going for Hexblade and wanted the fighter abilities for that. So let's say I some how don't died over the course of the campaign and I end ups as Warlock 17/Fighter 3 my question is about the Fighter Archetypes. Do the archetypes scale with Class level or Character Level for example for those that don't know.
Let's say I'm a level 7 Warlock/3 Fighter but I am a 10th level Character and what I need to know do i get the level 7/10/15/18 Archetype advancements?

smcmike
2016-10-24, 01:29 PM
Class level.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-10-24, 01:33 PM
Archetype features work exactly like other class features. So, let's say you took 3 levels of Eldritch Knight, then 7 levels of Fiend-Pact Warlock... you'd get Spellcasting and Weapon Bond at ECL 3, Dark One's Blessing at ECL 4 and Dark One's Own Luck at ECL 9.

I don't know how to explain it more clearly, sorry.

Lacrimosa
2016-10-24, 01:37 PM
I should have just tested it by leveling the character up in Hero Lab as I did while waiting for replies so all figured out and yes class level not character too bad would been powerful as ****

RickAllison
2016-10-24, 01:51 PM
I should have just tested it by leveling the character up in Hero Lab as I did while waiting for replies so all figured out and yes class level not character too bad would been powerful as ****

And that's why it doesn't work that way. Warlock dips are considered powerful specifically because the damage boost it provides scales with level since cantrips do so.