PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Extensively houseruled silliness IC

radthemad4
2016-10-24, 03:41 PM
It's been over two days since the miners have been trapped in Hillmountain. The extra soldiers sent to investigate haven't been heard from either. However, around six hours ago, an escaped miner made it into town, gasping for breath and muttering something about Dark Elves. Due to the shortage of soldiers, Mayor Quinn the 3rd has offered a substantial reward to anyone willing to aid in rescuing the miners and securing the mine back. Anyone interested is to report to the Oakhurst Barracks, where Guard Captain Saris will brief them on the situation and where they may talk to the escaped miner if they wish.

The barracks is old but solid, with thick stone walls. The waiting room has a number of cheap cushioned couches along the walls. The only person in the room is an old bespectacled male human sitting behind a desk scribbling something, and there are a number of doors behind him and you can hear people talking behind them, but not well enough to make out the words.

Bartmanhomer
2016-10-28, 10:39 AM
A female lesser drow closteried cleric named Charlotte Heart appears at the scene. Charlotte sigh but excited to do adventure with her 3 mystery team members.

Linken
2016-10-28, 11:04 AM
Sori arrives second, approaching the man at the desk. Hello. I'm here about the Hillmountain thing, er, has the expedition already been sent, or are you still recruiting? She'd rather not be too late- after all, she was, in her mind, the best woman for the job. Hell, the best PERSON for the job. Slaying Drow is always fun, after all. Clad in her Banded Mail and with her weaponry at her side, she looks like your archtypal knight in shining armour- inexperienced, but strong. Foolhardy, but brave. Not too uncommon around here, what with the few Paladins running around.

Bartmanhomer
2016-10-28, 11:23 AM
Charlotte Heart saw Sori. She approached. Charlotte: "Hello there's are you here for the Hillmountain expedition? My name is Charlotte Heart by the way."

radthemad4
2016-10-28, 12:32 PM
The old man looks up at Sori. He appears flustered for a moment as if woken out of a trance.

"Hello. Yes, no, not yet. The captain will be here any moment. She'll fill you in on the details."

He squints at Sori for a moment and then smiles.

"Ah, yes, I thought you looked familiar, Miss... Ember...field was it? Oh wait, no, Ember...glade, yes that's right. My apologies. You probably don't remember me, but I'm Balthasar Brown, a regular at the Church you grew up in, and I remember seeing you when you were you were a wee child running around with a big stick and a frying pan. My, how you've grown. We still talk about you and your exploits there with great pride. You'd be welcome back any time should you wish to return or even visit of course. But enough rambling. Thank you for coming. We are in dire need right now, and could not be in better hands."

He then notices Charlotte and seems slightly alarmed for a brief moment but composes himself somewhat upon hearing her words and tone.

"Er... hello, Miss Heart. Yes, we need all the help we can get. Both of you please, sit down. The captain is due to be here any moment now. I can have a drink fetched for you while you wait. Would you prefer tea or coffee?"

He raises a hand to partially cover his mouth, looks to Sori and whispers, "They're both rubbish, but the lemonade is top notch."

neriractor
2016-10-28, 12:39 PM
an insectoid creature with the jaws of a beetle walks into the room, tall for a human and muscular he stands firmly behind the group, and to everyones surprise speaks fluid common, albeit with a bit of an accent. "that would make three of us"

he takes notice of the respect they use when talking with Tori, instantly he pulls the links together and recognizes her as a sort of chief amongst them.

He starts humming in a low tone, the rhythm is dull but sticks to you, after a while of it he makes a sort of grumble and speaks "I canīt believe they would make us wait this long... I go by Xendrik."

radthemad4
2016-10-28, 12:55 PM
Balthasar's expression freezes momentarily but he manages to recompose himself.

"Yes, hello. Thank you for coming."

Balthasar rings a bell on his desk after which a teenage boy runs into the room from one of the doors. He asks the boy to fetch drinks if any of you ask for them and he soon comes back with a tray bearing them. The boy holds the tray in front of everyone and then goes back to the room he came from, not seeming in any way perturbed by the presence of a Drow or an Umberhulk.

Linken
2016-10-28, 02:03 PM
Sori nods once at Charlotte to answer her question (and doesn't take much note of her knife-ears or skin colour), before turning towards Brown. She seems rather embarassed for a moment, but recomposes herself. She wasn't a little kid anymore! Ehe... yeah. Those times are a bit long past, now. Happy you still view me in a good light, though! Nice to see you again. Man, she was gonna go on a great adventure, but then the people going with her might think of her as a wimp! Nobody wants that! ESPECIALLY not her! Still, at least it's nice to see a familiar face around here- she didn't have the best memory, of course, but that's what a few strikes to the head will do. She turns around to take a seat and-- HOLY COW, THAT'S A BEETLE! Her hand immediately goes to her longsword, but as it starts talking, she relaxes. Kind of.

It's huge.

And ugly.

But sentient and sapient and all those other S-words, so she just... carefully takes a few steps towards one of the couches, sitting down with caution. I'm fine on the drinks, thanks. Not sure about the others... ehm.

Wait, is that a DROW!? ..And the beetle... are they here to clear Hillmountain? Taking a deep breath, Sori composes herself again, deciding to just be quiet.

Bartmanhomer
2016-10-29, 10:33 AM
Charlotte saw Xendrik. She was a bit nervous for his appearance. But she calm herself and approach the male umber hulk. Charlotte: "Hello there. Are you here for the expedition as well? My name is Charlotte Heart and I love your bettle costume."

neriractor
2016-10-29, 02:28 PM
Xendrik ponders for a moment about how to best answer charlotteīs question thinking to himself: beetle? what is a beetle? he chooses to humor the half-breed as she seems to have a best relationship with the would-be leader. "thank you kindly, is odd to meet one of yours in the brightlands..."the same may be said of me"...or without a number of "servants""

radthemad4
2016-10-29, 04:55 PM
One of the doors swings open and a large mantis like creature in light armor walks in with a steady, purposeful gait. Lots of weapons can be seen on her, including two bows. Two of her forelimbs swing as she walks, while the other two rest on the hilts of sheathed swords.

Balthasar stands up and salutes before speaking.

"Greetings, Captain Sariss. Some volunteers have already arrived. Allow me to introduce Sori Emberglade, Charlotte Heart and Xendrik."

"At ease Balthasar."

She strokes her chin with one of her forelimbs and looks over each of the volunteers. Her gaze seems to linger on Xendrik slightly longer than the others.

"Greetings. The town thanks you for assisting in our time of need. I apologize for the delay. Cole Saxton, the man who escaped was just telling me about what he saw in there. The gist of it is, that the miners were going about their everyday business, when suddenly, everything went silent and the lights went out. He lost consciousness after that. When he woke up his hands and legs were bound. The Drow had taken over the mine, and forced all the miners into labor. They were ruthless taskmasters, bringing out whips at the slightest provocation. Our soldiers managed to free some of the prisoners including Cole, who they instructed to run back to town, but Cole was the only one who made it back. As he ran, he saw the people around him fall as arrows hit them until he was the only one still running. He's still recovering, but lucid. If you wish to speak with him, you may, but if you have any questions, ask me first. He's already been through a lot."

Linken
2016-10-29, 05:32 PM
Sori doesn't seem too perturbed at the mantis-person that's just entered. At least it's not a Drow or... beetle. Plus, she'd seen like... one, in the Temple, so they were familiar. Minorly. Checking the woman and her many weapons out, the Paladin smiles. Someone with a bit of sense is good, even if they are a mantis. She hears out the captain's briefing. How queer. Not unheard of with Drow, though. Good to meet you, first of all. Second of all, do you or by extension this Saxton character know who the ringleader is for these Drow? I understand that, unlike certain races, if you kill the leader they may not scatter, but it could be a good place to start. Made sense to Sori- after all, kill the leader and the rest will be in shambles, not knowing what to do- yes, they could freely think, but they'd just not be able to make decisions as well. From what she'd seen, the leader is probably the strongest in a pack of monsters and thus if they go down morale will plummet.

radthemad4
2016-10-30, 01:03 PM
Sariss shakes her head. "He saw a few of them taking orders from others but he couldn't tell me anything concrete about how they're organized."

Bartmanhomer
2016-10-31, 02:53 PM
Charlotte talks to herself. Charlotte: "Why did my Drow kind have to be so evil?"

Bartmanhomer
2016-10-31, 03:20 PM
Charlotte replies back to Xendrik. Charlotte: "You're kidding right? A bettle is a insect which pretty much describe you."

Linken
2016-10-31, 03:29 PM
Ah, interesting. What about layout? Got a map of the place, or have they changed it up?

Sori smiles, awaiting a reply and placing her gauntletbound hands behind her back. She knew Drow were competent enough to change locations with magic, as well as use their slavery to just alter the mines, create new areas... maybe they could have changed the area so that would-be rescue teams wouldn't know how to fight. If they were so called 'ruthless taskmasters' then surely they would do just about everything they could to stop outsiders that they can't enslave. It just has to stop, right now.

YuweaCurtis
2016-10-31, 03:41 PM
They really need to learn how to make maps better, Tori says, throwing her map in a random barrel before entering the building she pretty much had to figure out about herself. As she enters she looks for the person most likely to know what is going on and her senses are assault by several people... That aren't even people. I'm here about the miners... Am I wrong in assuming that's what we are all here about? Naturally she was suspicious of the Drow before her, but her awe over the 'mantis' and to a much lesser degree the Umberhulk was keeping her off of the Drow at the time being. She would cross her arms in wait of an answer, having no visible arms or even armor. Just heavy travel clothing.

neriractor
2016-10-31, 07:47 PM
Xendrik would raise an eyebrow if he had one, surprised at the name the drow had for his kin, he noded at heart and talked slowly "that is... insightful" upon agreeing on her ideas about the drow he reafirmed them with a comment "yeah, I too think they could do better with greater organization"

he looks upon the newly arrived and nods in a sort of salute, before speaking in common, again with the same accent that he couldnīt seem to shake, talking in a low whispering voice "you are right, at east about myself and the drow. The human, I believe is meant to lead us and the skinny one seems to have the information we seek"

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-01, 02:32 PM
Charlotte saw Tori and approached her. She introduced herself to Tori. Charlotte: "Hello my name is Charlotte Heart. I guess you're here for the expedition as well huh?

radthemad4
2016-11-02, 02:11 PM
Sariss glances at the newcomer and nods. "You are correct. Welcome aboard." She smiles. "Always a pleasure to see young people take an interest in aiding their community. I am Sariss, the captain of the guard here. Please introduce yourself."

She looks at Charlotte. "I don't know why the Drow are the way they are, but don't beat yourself up over it. I've heard about your family and friends. Greenvale welcomes your aid."

Sariss nods at Sori. "Good thinking. They've definitely been in there in long enough to alter at least a few areas. Be ready for anything. We don't have any particularly accurate maps, but we'll do our best to give you an idea of what it's like in there. Balthasar?"

Balthasar mutters and gesticulates for a moment, after which a hill, or maybe a mountain depending on which angle you look at it from appears in the middle of the room and rotates around slowly.

"Hillmountain is around three thousand feet tall. A path goes around it and spirals upwards. There is an entrance at ground level, and another along the path every fifty feet or so upwards. The inside"

The sides of the hill mountain elevation become translucent, and you can see another path inside the structure along the outer path. This one also seems to also be going underground.

" spirals along the outer path. There are a few small rooms scattered around that are used to store equipment. Cole says that he was made to work around two levels above the entrance with around fifteen others. They were taken to some rooms in the fourth level to sleep. Another group slept there when they worked and vice versa. He says he also heard voices coming from below ground level on his way out. The soldiers had cleared the way then, but I suspect the ground level entrance will probably be guarded well. I would recommend trying to enter through one of the alternate entrances up the side path. Or..." she glances meaningfully at Xendrik. "perhaps you could make your own entrance."

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-02, 02:35 PM
Charlotte replied back to Sariss. Charlotte: "Just to let you know, I'm different compare to my Drow evil kind. I'm really good. Oh wait...you heard of my friends and family?"

radthemad4
2016-11-02, 02:52 PM
"Yes, I was reminded by your name. I met the Spades while visiting a mutual friend. Very nice people. The told me about how you all left the Underdark. Oh right, I meant to ask them but it slipped my mind. Why did you all decide to name yourselves after standard card suits?"

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-02, 03:05 PM
Charlotte replied back to Sariss Charlotte: "Well it a long story but my real Drow name is Chadra Horlbar. How I come up with Charlotte Heart well it was name after a female human cleric of Pelor that my husband George Heart met during an inter-faith fair."

Linken
2016-11-02, 03:06 PM
Giving a brief wave towards Tori, Sori looks at the projected image, surprised. Did Balth really know all this? Jeez! He shoulda showed her! Would have looked amazing, more amazing when she was younger. The wonders of the arcane... but the Divine is better. She examines it closely for entrances or exits. Get in, purge the Drow from the place one way or another, get out. Simple enough. If they used the... beetle thing to tunnel into the place, that may work too. Assuming the tunnels could be gotten into properly. The fact that this 'Charlotte' type needed to reassure everyone that she was a 'good' Drow was unsettling, to say the least. Might be hiding something, same with the beetle. Can't judge too quickly, though. Just have to be cautious.

...I agree. This... Xendrik could be useful for getting in and out.

YuweaCurtis
2016-11-02, 03:40 PM
My name is Tori Ironhearth... Though I'm not really here for the community. That mine is a precision resource my family as blacksmiths needs unhindered... She would briefly explain before turning her attention to the projected image in front of her. She didn't get to see much magic growing up so it was always a delight... However she had a good idea of what it was capable of so it wasn't too shocked. Or at least she thought, as more extreme displays would prove more amusing. She would make a mental map of her own, noticing the exits and paths to get to them.

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-02, 03:43 PM
Charlotte replies back to Tori. Charlotte: "Please to meet you Tori." :smile:

neriractor
2016-11-02, 04:01 PM
Xendrik vows slightly, answering calmly, he was pleased to be noticed by those he deemed superior on this job and was prepared to earn favor by using his natural abilities, he talks to Tori "no need to worry, I can tunnel trough several meters of stone per minute so we should make our way to a poorly defended part of the mine in no time, that said, such a huge lair of mineral should have at least a hundred slaves and drow on the defense..." he closes his fist fast and hard, making a clasping sound "... all the better to squash them"

with a smooth motion and a nod towards the door Xendrik asks "shall we leave then, Sori?"

Linken
2016-11-02, 04:15 PM
Sori waits for a moment before nodding at Xendrik, then looking over at Sariss. Thank you for your help. We'll get it done. Anything else we need to know before setting off? She knew the way to Hillmountain, just slightly north of the church... Last she knew, it wasn't too far from here- all the more worrying for the town. She won't fail.

YuweaCurtis
2016-11-02, 04:15 PM
Getting in is fine, but we have to disrupt them enough for them remove their hold of the site or else this will be pointless. I mean I'm sure they can just replace guards and slaves after all. Satisfied with the tactical information she has received, she then moves on to pleasantries. After all, "Hey you" just won't do. So, I didn't get everyone's names?

radthemad4
2016-11-02, 04:59 PM
Sariss scratches her head. "Oh, okay. Just a coincidence then." She shrugs.

"Ironhearth, you say. I'll sample your wares next chance I get. Can never have too many weapons.

Hillmountain is a big place. Even if there are a lot of them, they'll likely be spread out. Take advantage of this. Divide and conquer and all that. I think that's about all the information we have. Good luck."

"Captain, may I..."

"Yes, you may stop concentrating on it"

The image of Hillmountain fades in a few moments.

"May the gods be with you."

radthemad4
2016-11-03, 04:15 PM
The area around Hillmountain is mostly flat. The entrance most commonly used by the miners is the one at ground level, facing south towards Greenvale. There are also entrances facing East, North and West, but those are higher up (roughly 50 ft, 100 ft, and 150 ft respectively). There are more entrances even higher up. The Dark Woods lie to the Northwest of Hillmountain.

While there are many rumors to the contrary, Xendrik is aware that there haven't actually been any particularly notable incidents regarding the woods for the last several hundred years at least. They aren't 'enchanted' or 'magical' in any way, nor are they home to brigands or anything of the sort. There isn't much there beyond trees and small wildlife. They probably should have named it the Boring Woods.

Xendrik and Charlotte know that approaching Hillmountain through the woods would minimize their chances of being seen.

Charlotte and Tori recall that local children occasionally go exploring there. They could sometimes hear the miners if they got close enough to the mountain, even though they seldom saw any.

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-04, 10:30 AM
Charlotte ask her party members. Charlotte: "Hey everyone. I wonder is there any dangerous creatures that we should watch out for?"

Linken
2016-11-04, 11:12 AM
Sori looks towards the woods, sighing. The gods only know what could be going on in there. And, most likely, 'Xendrik' and 'Charlotte' know it too. Once the information that children could hear the miners from the inside of Hillmountain is relayed, she gives a suggestion. ...Xendrik, if you got close to where that could happen, we could start tunneling. Only problem with that is the fact that they could hear US, if there are any Drow or slaves there. Tunnel through til we get to the main path. Or something like that. She pauses for a moment as she thinks of any other problems. It's wins all around. I won't need to leave my armour down here if we were going on a climb or anything like that. We'll get the jump on them... simple, really.

neriractor
2016-11-04, 11:56 AM
Xendrik hears that as a an order and nods, moving to where Tori points, trying to dig from the woods if able, taking a little more time in order not to be seen or heard comiing, once hie finds a suitable position he starts diggin, his massive hands pulverising any dirt or stone in his path as he starts forming a tunnel for the party to move towards.

radthemad4
2016-11-06, 02:27 PM
The party travels some distance Northwest into the Dark Woods, then turns around and head towards Hillmountain. It's a pleasant trek. There's a light breeze and they see a few squirrels. Once near the base of Hillmountain, the sound of pickaxes can be heard from above.

Sori and Charlotte hear some voices. Charlotte hears them well enough to understand what they're saying.

A male voice in Undercommon: "Alright alright, you've whipped them plenty, that's enough."
A female voice in Undercommon: "What? No way! I was just getting started!"
"It's been ten whole minutes. Come on, it's my turn now."
"Oh... and here I thought you were going soft."
Sounding somewhat affronted "Of course not!"
"Anyway, I've got a spare somewhere around here, so just join in."
In Elven: "Lolth be praised!"

Xendrik starts digging a tunnel towards the North end of the mountain, sloping it slightly upwards, but still comfortable enough to walk. Within a few minutes, the party finds themselves in an open passage around twenty feet wide. It seems to be a path, going up counterclockwise. The pickaxes can be heard more clearly now, though their source can't be seen yet. It seems like they're very close by though and not too far up the slope.

Unless they light up a torch or something, Sori and Tori don't see anything here.

Linken
2016-11-06, 03:43 PM
Taking her blade out of its sheath and her shield off her back, Sori mumbles something to herself: Lumen. Her sword suddenly shines, bright, lighting the way for both her and any of those nearby who cannot see in the darkness. Holding it in front of her, it alights 20 ft around the group. Hopefully, if these beasts are from the depths, they won't like the Light. She also begins actively detecting Evil. Motioning to the spiral, the paladin moves first in front of the group, ready for a fight. She makes her way right in through the spiral path without a word, listening out for threats from all sides. Sori appears to just be following the direction of pickaxes- that must be where the miners are being kept.

neriractor
2016-11-06, 08:17 PM
Xendrik follows closely, ready for battle and checking the terrain around them and ways to best use it to their advantage in case of an ambush.

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-07, 03:44 PM
Charlotte sheaths her sword swords. Charlotte whispers to her team. Charlotte: "Get ready everyone."

YuweaCurtis
2016-11-07, 04:31 PM
Tori stops and inhaled deeply. Radiant light shines forth from her and as it lifts she's wearing a much more stylized set of orange clothing, complete with a somewhat armored open vest. Spreading her hands momentarily, A mighty hammer appears in her right hand, and a blue shield which is radiating (unusable) light in her left. I'll take front.

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-08, 05:41 PM
Charlotte whispers to Tori. Charlotte: "Good idea."

radthemad4
2016-11-17, 04:46 PM
Sori and Tori lead the way, with Xendrik and Charlotte taking the rear. Within a few moments, you can see the miners picking away at the stone wall in an area barely lit with a very faint torch.

Sori and Charlotte see four lightly armored Drow perched on the ceiling (which is slightly less than 10 ft high here), but before they can tell anyone else, two of them drop down, swinging longswords at Sori and Tori as they fall. But the blades bounce harmlessly off their armor. One of them glances at Charlotte briefly, looking somewhat confused.

Surprise round, Sori and Charlotte get one standard action followed by the other two Drow, followed by initiative order:

Tori and Xendrik
The Drow who've landed
Charlotte and Sori
The Drow who're still on the ceiling

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-18, 09:21 AM
Charlotte activated her spell, Summon Monster I to summon a celestial badger.

Linken
2016-11-18, 11:58 AM
Sori notes the Drow on the ceiling, and responds in turn, readying her sword up, and it glows as she readies up a Smite attack. As two of them descend, one striking at her shield, she easily blocks it, before swinging her seemingly positively-charged sword back at the light-armoured Drow.

Accidentally deleted my post- I had 11 on Attack and 7 on Damage rolls. Used a Smite, so that's 14 to attack.

radthemad4
2016-11-18, 03:07 PM
Sori's sword appears to glow slightly brighter as she strikes out against the one who attacked her but he manages to duck out of the way.

The other two drop down swinging at Xendrik. One of their blades bounces harmlessly off his thick natural exoskeleton, but the other manages to slice through (7 damage).

One of them speaks in common, "Surrender now and you'll live. Don't, and you'll wish you were dead."

Tori and Xendrik can act now.

YuweaCurtis
2016-11-18, 09:38 PM
As if, Tori says confident and defiantly, swinging her hammer with surprising skill and force. She targets the one who had failed attacking her, depending in her skill and none of her tricks. She then takes a moment to quickly take in her surroundings

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

radthemad4
2016-11-19, 06:28 AM
Tori's hammer strikes squarely on the hapless Drow's skull leaving a large dent in her helm and a bloody mess as her lifeless body collapses.

"Curse you human! I'd gone to all that effort with the slow poison which'd just take a few more hours and... err... I mean... She was weak and unworthy! Follow my lead now!"

"Dibs on her whips!"

Xendrik's turn. He's currently flanked by two of them

Tori and Xendrik
The Drow who attacked Sori
Charlotte and Sori
The Drow who're flanking Xendrik

neriractor
2016-11-19, 06:42 PM
Xendrik shakes a bit after getting the deep cut, and after touching it slightly he rises his claws, speaking slowly "alternatively... as he swirls his arms around in a controlled frenzy he adds, screaming "...ĄRUN OR DIE!"

full attack with two claws, one goes to each drow, highest to the one that menaced Xedrik if possible.
attack 1:[roll0]
claw damage 1:[roll1]

attack 2:[roll2]
claw damage 2:[roll3]

radthemad4
2016-11-20, 01:22 PM
The Drow manage to sidestep out of the way.

"No U!"
"Pfft, we won't go down that easy."

The Drow that attacked Sori 5ft steps to flank Sori with... Charlotte and swings with a longsword and a short sword, but gets brushed off by Sori's shield.

"Hah, SNEAK ATT... Wha? I could've sworn that should've... I mean, angle and distance seem fine and I'm absolutely sure that second one should've hit." He looks at Charlotte. "Lady, are you not proficient with that thing?"

The green voiced one facepalms.

Tori and Xendrik
Charlotte and Sori
The Drow who're flanking Xendrik

Linken
2016-11-20, 01:35 PM
Sori simply ignores the one attempting to attack her, instead going for the Drow that are presently attacking Xendrik- the one closest to him, of course. She channels up another Smite Evil attack, ignoring the Drow banter- she just doesn't give a damn.

[roll0] Attack Roll
[roll1] Sword Damage
[roll2] Positive Smite Damage

Linken
2016-11-20, 01:41 PM
If her attack is successful and the Drow is dead, Sori immediately follows up to the next one that is near Xendrik with a regular attack, Cleaving.

[roll0]
[roll1]

radthemad4
2016-11-20, 01:57 PM
Sori slashes the Drow's chest through his armor. He collapses, though he still appears to still be alive.

"Uh, hey Chazr..." the Drow that attacked her earlier briefly looks down at his fallen comrades, "I mean, uh, Mistress, maybe we should consider a tactical retreat?"

"Don't be stupid, it's just beginner's luck. Stand strong, or you'll lose the promotion you just got."

(Charlotte's turn. Standard action devoted to finish casting summon monster. Choose where the badger appears and give it orders unless you decide to cancel summon monster and do something else with your standard.)

Tori and Xendrik
Charlotte and Sori
The remaining Drow next to Xendrik

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-20, 05:03 PM
Charlotte talks backs to the Drow. Charlotte: "That's thing got a mame you know. It's a beetle!" Charlotte order the celestial badger to attack the Drow.

radthemad4
2016-11-21, 03:18 AM
"Strange name for a weapon. I call mine OH GODDESS! WHAT IS THAT THING? GET IT OFF OF ME!"

A celestial badger appears next to the Drow, flanking it with Tori. He frantically dodges its claw swipes, but gets bitten for 1 damage.

"It's half your size. Pull yourself together!"

Dodging Sori's cleave attempt, the Drow swings with both her swords at her. She gets lucky and manages to stab Sori in the chest, leaving a gaping wound (14 damage from a longsword crit).

She smirks, "See! We got this handled."

(Tori and Xendrik's turn)

Tori and Xendrik
The Drow who who's being badgered next to Tori (he 5 foot stepped there when he tried to flank Sori with Charlotte)
Charlotte and Sori
The Drow who stabbed Sori and is next to her and Xendrik

neriractor
2016-11-21, 11:24 AM
Xendrik quickly attempts to smack the Male drow next to him, after it(succesful or not) he turns to the female drow giving the orders and quickly remarks "Do you?" as he brings down his weight on her.

full attack,
first attack is a regular claw against the male drow
attack: [roll0]
damage:[roll1]

2nd attack is a grapple attempt against the female drow (do remember I have improved grapple)
touch attack to start grapple: [roll2]
grapple check: [roll3]
claw damage in case I succeed: [roll4]

radthemad4
2016-11-21, 12:18 PM
The male drow passes out from the blow to his temple and the female Drow loses consciousness from the weight of the Umber Hulk on her body. You all hear cheering and clapping and look to see around fifteen miners with manacles over their hands and legs.

One of them notices Charlotte. "Wait, uh, you are here to free us... right?"

They suddenly freeze mid clap/cheer/whistle/thumbs up/etc and look at each other with expressions of apprehension and confusion.

The Celestial Badger gnaws on the unconscious male drow's armor for a few moments before winking out of existence.

1 dead drow, 3 dying ones. I'm not rolling for death from dying (the D&D condition that is, and yes I'm aware of how dumb that just sounded) but you can assume they'll die eventually if you guys don't bother stabilizing them.

Loot: 4 chain shirts, 4 longswords, 4 shortswords, 8 whips, 4 nets, 4 bolas, 16 daggers, 4 composite longbows (str mod 1), arrows (don't bother tracking these, even if you decide to use them. I'll just assume you always have enough of ordinary cheap ammunition), 2 alchemists' fires, 2 acid flasks, 2 holy waters

XP: 600 each

Linken
2016-11-21, 12:42 PM
Sori feels the gaping hole (kinda) in her chest. Ouch. That... hurts. A lot. Still, she didn't like to show she was hurt, but THIS... Ow. Holding in the desire to scream from the wound- one which would have definitely knocked out or even killed any normal person- she looks around for a second. Wait, this Charlotte person, they're a cleric, right? Yeah, that's Cleric magic. Motioning to the Drow woman, she speaks. Yeah, we're here to help... also, can I -please- get some medical attention here?

radthemad4
2016-11-21, 12:55 PM
One of the miners, a red haired male elf, speaks up, "We've got a 'healing stick' of some sort in one of the store rooms. It's not too far from here. I can sometimes make it work. Old man Almon's way better at it, but I don't know where he is right now."

"Hey, we don't know if..."

"Shut it! That's Sori Emberglade, she's a hero. We're in good hands."

The people resume cheering.

"Though, she does look like she could die from that."

They stop.

"But we don't know that for sure!"

They resume. This goes on for a bit...

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-21, 03:45 PM
Charlotte speaks with the miners. Charlotte: "Don't worry. We're here to help you."

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-21, 03:52 PM
Charlotte looks at Sori. Charlotte: "Oh I'm sorry Sori. Well this healing spell isn't much but it the best I could do." Charlotte activate Cure Light Wounds spell on Sori. 1d8+1(4)

neriractor
2016-11-21, 04:11 PM
Xendrik makes a small, clumsy effort to stabilize the female drow, as she seemed to be directing the operation.

heal:[roll0]

Linken
2016-11-21, 04:41 PM
Wincing as her wounds are stitched up one-by-one, Sori sighs. Well. She could just be vindictive and let the Drow die, but... meh. Taking a deep breath in, the woman walks over towards the captured miners and starts freeing them- or attempting to, anyway. Once they're all good and up, the Paladin looks to the fittest one. Retrieving a shortsword from one of the fallen Drow, she casts the Light spell on it and hands it to the one in question. There is a tunnel just from where we came, just down from a spiral. It will lead you and the rest out of here- look for marks made by our... beetle-like friend there's claws. Head through, stay strong.

She turns around, glancing at Xendrik's poor attempt to stabilize the Drow. Holding up her index, she quickly tries to make sure the woman is still... well, alive. Stable.

Light spell on a longsword, handed it to a fit miner and told them to lead the rest out from where we came- go down, find a tunnel.
[roll0] Stabilize Drow.

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-21, 04:44 PM
Charlotte being heard by Sori's longsword. Charlotte: "Thanks. I need that." :smile:

YuweaCurtis
2016-11-21, 06:39 PM
Mildly disappointed by the unimpressive force of Drow, Tori would turn when she hears the miners. Hoping no one she knows is amongst them, she would help free them with her hammer. She would have to chuckle at how disorganized the captors were.

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-22, 05:46 PM
Charlotte use Cure Light Wounds on Xendrix. 1d8+1(5)

radthemad4
2016-11-23, 01:49 AM
Sori manages to stabilize the green voiced drow.

The red haired elf continues, "It's not too far up... er... anticlockwise. Keep an eye on the left wall and you'll notice a small opening. Help yourself to anything in there, we can get more later... though, there's a chance the Drow have already raided it. There are more of us further up and more guards. Good luck. Hope you fare better than the last group who came here."

A tall, tan, dark haired woman accepts the glowing longsword.

"Thank you."

Tori recognizes her as a semi regular customer. Allysa Lockridge, a former soldier who took to mining because she found it 'relaxing' for some reason. Though she's hardly recognizable without the iconic Ironhearth crafted armor and greatsword she usually had on her and her sullen, resigned expression was nothing like her usual air of confidence. As she grips the sword, she starts to resemble her former self a little better. She looks to the others. "All of you. We'll return the favor someday." She gives Tori a smile and a nod. "Your family would be proud."

The miners led by Alyssa, head towards the tunnel Xendrik made earlier.

Linken
2016-11-23, 11:37 AM
Sori smiles. Not bravado, just sheer bravery. And the adrenaline flowing after she got halfway-run-through. With -TWO- swords. That hurt like hell, still stings, but she was alright after the healing. Kind of. Don't worry. We'll get it done. As she watches Charlotte heal Xendrik, Sori faces towards the other KO'd Drow. She quickly attends to them, stabilizing them.

After the miners are safely moving down to where the group came from, Sori points towards the stable Drow, then the stairs. stairs. They'll be down and out for a reasonable amount of time. Shall we head where we were instructed? I can lead.

Taking 10 on stabilizing rest of the Drow.

neriractor
2016-11-23, 12:18 PM
Xendrik proceeds to shackle the drow with three of the manacles, making sure to bind them tight.

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-23, 03:16 PM
Charlotte ask her group. Charlotte: "So who's going to lead this party?"

YuweaCurtis
2016-11-23, 10:37 PM
Tori nods at Allysa, confident she could do some fighting if necessary. She'd beam brightly at the compliment. Perhaps we have the skill the others lacked, though I can't properly judge without seeing the last group. These guys seem pretty competent though. she would say, hopefully reassuring them, but mostly putting her opinion out there. She would then make sure the Drow's weapons where out of their reach to the best of her ability, her own disappearing while moving them. She'd turn to the group and summon her hammer and shield back. I'm fine with Sori taking lead... While not as suspicious of Charlotte and ok with the bug guy, a Paladin was the easiest thing to mentally digest there. And she did speak up first.

Linken
2016-11-24, 01:28 PM
Well, miss Tori, it'd be greaaat if you could stay by my side up front. I'm not doing too good. Hopefully they could find the healing wand and use it on Xendrik and herself before moving back and sweeping the area. The woman takes point at the front of the group.

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-25, 10:53 AM
Charlotte reply to her party. Charlotte: "Good. It's all settled then. Sori should lead the party."

radthemad4
2016-11-25, 02:50 PM
Sori leads the way further up the mountain. Not much further ahead, you find a small opening as the elf said. It seems to be a storeroom of sorts. There are a lot of pickaxes, some dried meat and biscuits and apparently the Drow have been keeping things here too. Charlotte recognizes some items as edible mushrooms, lizard jerky, and preserved spider meat. It's a little out of the way, but you find a wand in one of the shelves.

10 days rations
1 wand of Lesser Vigor (Spc) (43 charges) (Grants fast healing 1 for 11 rounds (restores 11 HP in 66 seconds). Charlotte has it on her spell list and can activate it)
100 ft of silk rope
A standard deck of cards (of Drow make)
4 lanterns
A lot of torches
21 d20s
8 d12s
27 d10s and 7 "percentile"
9d8s
14d6s
4d4s

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-26, 10:51 AM
Charlotte grab the standard deck of cards, a lantern, a torch, a wand of Lesser Vigor and rations.

Linken
2016-11-26, 11:51 AM
Sori smiles as she comes across the supplies. That wand... well, it seems like it fits the bill. Can you cast it on me, please, and possibly our... large-shelled friend here, if he's still injured? The woman also takes a lantern, clipping it to her belt. Gotta be careful with this stuff, but it'd remove the need to cast more Light... or keep a sword out all the time. She sheathes it, still holding her shield.

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-26, 05:43 PM
Sori smiles as she comes across the supplies. That wand... well, it seems like it fits the bill. Can you cast it on me, please, and possibly our... large-shelled friend here, if he's still injured? The woman also takes a lantern, clipping it to her belt. Gotta be careful with this stuff, but it'd remove the need to cast more Light... or keep a sword out all the time. She sheathes it, still holding her shield.
Charlotte replies to Sori. Charlotte: "Sure." Charlotte cast the wand of Lesser Vigor to Sori and Xendrix.

YuweaCurtis
2016-11-26, 06:07 PM
Tori would easily comply with the request of her staying up front with Sori. When they come upon the storeroom, she'd look around. Mostly unimpressed with what's in there, she grabs the rope. I'll be taking this, unless there's objections. Never know when rope may come in handy. Slinging it across her shoulder, she'd take a look at the dice bag. These sure are weird dice... She says before putting it back down, unless someone else looks interested. At which point she'd had it to them.

Bartmanhomer
2016-11-26, 06:24 PM
Tori would easily comply with the request of her staying up front with Sori. When they come upon the storeroom, she'd look around. Mostly unimpressed with what's in there, she grabs the rope. I'll be taking this, unless there's objections. Never know when rope may come in handy. Slinging it across her shoulder, she'd take a look at the dice bag. These sure are weird dice... She says before putting it back down, unless someone else looks interested. At which point she'd had it to them. Charlotte reply to Tori. Charlotte: "I have no objections."

radthemad4
2016-11-30, 05:07 PM
You go higher up the hill mountain up, with Sori leading the way. It's eerily quiet. You see some torches on the walls here and there, but they all appear to have been snuffed out. Suddenly, a whole bunch of arrows (6) fly past/bounce off of Sori, Tori and Xendrik.

Their source is outside the range of the light, or anyone's darkvision, but you're aware of the direction they came from. (I'll put in a map in a code tag if you see and/or get into melee with them, or you could copy it from the OoC thread if you like and move your characters as you'd like to)

(Xendrik's turn)

??????? (This one just loosed two arrows on its turn)
Xendrik
???????
Charlotte
???????
Sori and Tori

Bartmanhomer
2016-12-01, 03:23 PM
Charlotte was confused. Charlotte: "Who's shooting the arrows?"

neriractor
2016-12-04, 11:34 AM
Unable to see his attackers Xendrik opens a hole 5ft Down and enlarges it to the sides, while yelling "jump down everyone, we can hold them off better from here"

using my round to double move, I'm assuming this is solid rock, if so, I dig to the square below mine and one square to the right, in order to make a sort of trench to provide us with cover

radthemad4
2016-12-04, 12:00 PM
Xendrik quickly digs a small trench. An arrow bounces off of Sori's shield, but another one pierces Tori's armor and embeds itself in her gut (9 damage, rolled maximum for damage, but luckily the crit didn't confirm).

(Charlotte's turn)

??????? (This one loosed two arrows on its turn)
Xendrik
??????? (Same)
Charlotte
???????
Sori and Tori

T S Each character or spacebar is a 5 ft square
PX ↑ Arrows coming from that way
C P = Empty space 5 ft underground next to Xendrik

Bartmanhomer
2016-12-05, 08:20 AM
Charlotte jump down into the pit with Xendrix. Charlotte use the Wand of Lesser Vigor on Tori.

radthemad4
2016-12-06, 01:17 PM
Charlotte uses the wand to cast lesser vigor on Tori. Two arrows fly past Sori and Tori, two more bouncing off of their armor. Tori's wound heals slightly (+1 HP).

(Sori and Tori's turn)

???????
Xendrik
???????
Charlotte
???????
Sori and Tori

T S Each character or spacebar is a 5 ft square
CX ↑ Arrows coming from that way
Charlotte and Xendrik are 5 ft underground

Linken
2016-12-06, 05:08 PM
Sori looks around briefly, uninterested by the arrows clattering against her shield. She, instead, extinguishes her lantern, using her sword as a light, before walking into the hole Xendrik dug and hopping down. She sheathes her sword, light going out... and she waits.

YuweaCurtis
2016-12-16, 02:18 PM
Tori flinched, gritting her teeth as she feels the pain. She doesn't make much of a sound in reaction to it. You'll pay for that, she says a second or so after hopping into Xendrik's shield. She bickers about the darkness to herself. I suggest blinding them d rushing in." she says, hopefullly low enough the drow don't hear.