PDA

View Full Version : Support Build Help

Alphabetmaster
2016-10-24, 06:05 PM
I'm playing a character for an upcoming game next week. I want to play a support-style character this time round.
Stats are: Str 12, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 26

I was thinking of dipping marshal because my Cha is so high, but what else?

Kaje
2016-10-24, 06:09 PM
Dragonfire inspiration bard.

stanprollyright
2016-10-24, 06:17 PM
With that kind of charisma you should make a full on half elf bard/marshal diplomancer with double cha to skills for a nigh-irresistible calm emotions aura.

DMVerdandi
2016-10-24, 06:47 PM
Sha'ir 15/war weaver 5

sleepyphoenixx
2016-10-24, 07:05 PM
Sha'ir 15/war weaver 5

I'm seconding War Weaver, but i'd go with a Bard/Sublime Chord instead. If Dragon Magazine is allowed i'd also add Heartfire Fanner. The requirements suck a little but the extra songs are pretty good and it advances everything you want.
DFI is optional - it's nice, but it eats a lot of feats if you don't want to get stuck with fire damage, so it probably won't fit at least with the HfF version. Normal IC with Words of Creation is good enough imo.

stanprollyright
2016-10-24, 07:38 PM
Snowflake wardance+power attack

Exocist
2016-10-24, 08:02 PM
Posted this build on another thread, but you can support in multiple ways at the same time:

Race: Illumian (Krau must be one of the sigils)

Bard 1/Crusader 6/Dragonblood Sorcerer 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 2/Sublime Chord 2/Jade Phoenix Mage +8

Feats:

1: Precocious Apprentice (Any 2nd level spell)
3: Song of the White Raven
6: Improved Sigil (Krau)
8: Draconic Heritage (Dragonblood Sorcerer Bonus, Pick force if available, Sonic or Acid if not)
9: Dragonfire Inspiration
12: Words of Creation
15: Free
18: Free

You get: Crusader's Lockdown Abilities for Melee Combat + DFI Bard Buffs + Sublime's Casting Abilities.

You can use magic items to get additional uses of Bardic Music (Lute, Vest of Legends, Songblade, etc.) as well as buff inspire courage.

It is a bit TO though I'm sure some other playgrounders could make it more TO.

It suffers slightly at some points (8th, 9th, 10th and 11th are notable weak points)