PDA

View Full Version : How do Inquisitor Bracers work?

Neowulf
2016-10-24, 11:03 PM
I've been looking for a decent way to heal myself and have a backup for when my party's facing undead (I'm a melee fighter)

so, as far as I can tell, the inquisitor bracers have 3 charges that heal 2d8, but would melee damage count against healing yourself? can you willingly do basically no damage? Can you add STR modifier to the healing? my character isn't really an unarmed damage kind of character, but he is still heavy in the STR department

Telok
2016-10-24, 11:38 PM
I've been looking for a decent way to heal myself and have a backup for when my party's facing undead (I'm a melee fighter)

so, as far as I can tell, the inquisitor bracers have 3 charges that heal 2d8, but would melee damage count against healing yourself? can you willingly do basically no damage? Can you add STR modifier to the healing? my character isn't really an unarmed damage kind of character, but he is still heavy in the STR department

Punch for subdual damage. It's healed on a one-to-one basis with normal damage during cures. So a 1d3+4 subdual punch with Inquisitor Bracers on a character with 30/44 hp will deal about 6 subdual damage while healing about 9 real damage and 9 subdual damage.

Fizban
2016-10-25, 04:16 AM
Why are you trying to use Inquisitor Bracers for healing? Unless you've already got a Healing Belt and your DM refuses to let you buy more than one. The Inquisitor Bracers are primarily for damaging undead, and the only time you use them to heal is when everything else is empty. When you do, try to punch your target for enough nonlethal damage the healing doesn't cover it all, so it still hurts. Don't do it when wearing a gauntlet though, since gauntlets deal lethal damage.

Also the correct amount is 2d8+5, and allows a DC 13 will save for half as normal, it's a Cure Moderate Wounds at cl5. I don't know why you'd think your strength has anything to do with it, and it specifically says you have to use a normal melee attack which is pretty clear about not letting you avoid dealing damage. If the writer had remembered nonlethal damage they probably would have blocked that too.

Exocist
2016-10-25, 06:24 AM
How to get infinite healing OoC:

> Get a tiny sap (It deals 1 damage)
> Add the Vampiric enchantment to it (Heal 2d4 every time the weapon does damage)
> Convince rogue/wizard to stand still while you sap the heck out of them.
> They do the same to you
> ???
> Profit

How to kill undead as a martial character:

> Deal some damage
> Deal some more damage
> ???
> Profit

IcarusWulfe
2016-10-25, 06:55 AM
Last time I GMd a d&d campaign, there was a Factotum in the party that did this. He didn't tell the other party members how the bracers worked before punching them....