PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting into Savage Worlds

Flabbicus
2007-07-11, 10:18 PM
I was thinking about getting some Savage Worlds books and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which ones are the "Core" of the system. Deadlands looks appealing, and the whole system's ease of use would be very good for me and my friends with their short attention spans.

Flabbicus
2007-07-13, 05:13 PM
Nevermind, I tried buying the revised copy but it didn't work. I'll just wait for a response to me contacting their staff about it.

Thes Hunter
2007-07-13, 05:32 PM
Actually I have heard a hype about this system, but I haven't ever had anyone give me what they thought the Pros and con's of the system.

So why are you getting into Savage worlds? I am curious because I am looking for some strange and interesting off beat systems.

Flabbicus
2007-07-13, 09:23 PM
I heard it mentioned around here, and I've been watching a few spaghetti westerns so I thought Deadlands would be interesting. The fact that it's touted as "Fast, furious, and fun" also intrigues me. My friends and I never really could get into playing D&D and, as it turns out, two of them own the core rules set and neither want to play it.

I figured that I wouldn't want to spend more money on something my other friends already had, and the system looks relatively cheap. Another reason was because it encompasses a bunch of different genres, and looks relatively easy to use.