PDA

View Full Version : Could combine the battlerager and monk somehow to get an armored monk

djreynolds
2016-10-25, 04:21 AM
I think this may be the class people want, an armored monk. I'm not sure how to arrange it.

But you could give the barbarian battlerager the monks unarmed strike ability, but only fists and he loses out on wisdom stuff like stunning fist. The AC is close, as he is wearing the spiked medium armor

I think a strength based hand to hand fighter is what people want.

Any ideas?

Grod_The_Giant
2016-10-25, 07:29 AM
I'd think something like vHuman (Tavern Brawler) Fighter 1/Monk 19, so you can TWF with unarmed strikes (your main loss from not having Martial Arts), but Battlerager isn't bad either. Rage damage certainly helps make up for the smaller damage die at higher levels.

Aett_Thorn
2016-10-25, 07:36 AM
Battleragers I feel like get such limited benefits as their sub-class skills that a bit of beefing up couldn't hurt them. I'd say allow them to use their spiked armor to make a 1d4 weapon attack at level 3, and then at level 6 you add glove spikes (bringing this up to 1d6 damage), at level 10 you add boot spikes (bringing it up to 1d8), and at level 14, a head spike (bringing it up to 1d10). Fits with the theme and allows you to choose a weapon or not and still be able to do some damage at least.

Maxilian
2016-10-25, 08:51 AM
Its not based around Battlerager, but not long ago we had a whole thread talking about the idea of an armored monk, so here you may get some interesting ideas that may help!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?498783-Armored-Monks-Kill-Me-if-You-Can