PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of Horror questions

Echch
2016-10-25, 05:48 AM
There is a feat in Heroes of Horror called "Improved Oneiromancy" which requires Dreamcasting, but I can't find it anywhere. I know there is the "Dream Casting"-spell, but that seems to be somethig different...

Also, what happens to Constructs accumilating taint?

Exocist
2016-10-25, 07:14 AM
There is a feat in Heroes of Horror called "Improved Oneiromancy" which requires Dreamcasting, but I can't find it anywhere. I know there is the "Dream Casting"-spell, but that seems to be somethig different...

I assume it's a misprint. Oneiromancy requires Dreamtelling to pick it up in the first place and as a general rule, any feat that has a prerequisite feat also has all that feats prerequisites as well.

I think it's supposed to read Dreamtelling (as in the feat) because of this.

Also, what happens to Constructs accumilating taint?

The only rule for ignoring taint is to be undead or have the [Evil] subtype.

However because it requires a Fortitude save and works on Objects, constructs are not immune to it naturally. I think instead they just use the rules for Objects & Taint (because they are treated as being objects for spells that need fort saves IIRC).

Echch
2016-10-25, 07:45 AM
Ah ok, thanks for the answer.

Venger
2016-10-25, 08:16 AM
I assume it's a misprint. Oneiromancy requires Dreamtelling to pick it up in the first place and as a general rule, any feat that has a prerequisite feat also has all that feats prerequisites as well.

I think it's supposed to read Dreamtelling (as in the feat) because of this.

The only rule for ignoring taint is to be undead or have the [Evil] subtype.

However because it requires a Fortitude save and works on Objects, constructs are not immune to it naturally. I think instead they just use the rules for Objects & Taint (because they are treated as being objects for spells that need fort saves IIRC).

You are correct, it meant dreamcasting.

Constructs aren't treated as objects for spells like this. They're just only vulnerable to fort save effects that also affect objects. For example, if you were fighting a really big construct and zapped it with disintegrate, you would be entitled to target the whole monster, turning it to dust as normal, and you would roll dice to deal HP damage. you wouldn't just automatically take out a 10 foot chunk, leaving the rest intact. so constructs use taint rules as characters, not objects

Segev
2016-10-25, 08:35 AM
Constructs, however, lack Constitution, which I think means some of the worst physical Corruption effects don't hurt them. Still can make them really disturbing, though. And a construct driven mad can be particularly off-putting. Especially if it's mindless EXCEPT for its madness.

Inevitability
2016-10-25, 08:49 AM
Constructs, however, lack Constitution, which I think means some of the worst physical Corruption effects don't hurt them. Still can make them really disturbing, though. And a construct driven mad can be particularly off-putting. Especially if it's mindless EXCEPT for its madness.

A bunch of mindless constructs suddenly going mad and turning on their creators? Story hook: found!

Echch
2016-10-25, 09:29 AM
A bunch of mindless constructs suddenly going mad and turning on their creators? Story hook: found!

That one goon you fought in that factory in the Tippyverse? Turns out he had a high taint, spawned a taint elemental and caused the Shadesteel Golems to go insane after killing the Warforged off. Have "fun".