PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Friends got a level 7 Rogue, getting bumped to level 10.

Malovec
2016-10-25, 07:50 AM
So I'm the DM of this session. I'm switching my players over to fast progression from where they are now (slow). This means most will gain 2-3 levels. My rogue player (unchained), would like some suggestions on where to take it from here if he were to multiclass it.

stanprollyright
2016-10-25, 10:48 AM
What's his build? Why does he want to multiclass?

Generally the rule of thumb in PF is don't multiclass if you can avoid it, but there's some leeway for the more martial classes. A 2 level dip in Ranger works in a lot of builds for the combat style feat, which lets you skip prereqs. Keeps your skill ranks up; you can pick something immune to sneak attack for your favored enemy. Track/etc. is gravy. A Master of Many Styles Monk or Fighter dip for feats is OK too.

Depending on his stats there are several casting classes that are handy. Vivisectionist Alchemist jumps to mind: continue sneak attack progression, but now get extracts and mutagens and free poison stuff. But also, if he was going to do that he probably would have made a vivi in the first place. A couple levels in Sorceror, Wizard, or Arcanist can set him up for the Arcane Trickster PrC.

Honestly though, Rogue 10 is just getting to the fun stuff. Advanced talents are amazing. Get Hide in Plain Sight at 10. With a high UMD and rogue talents that give you feats and SLAs, if there's any specific thing you want from a 1-2 level dip into another class, you can usually get it (or something similar) with talents.