PDA

View Full Version : Do you actually get saving throw proficiency from multi-classing?

Toofey
2016-10-25, 10:27 AM
So I don't know if there's a sage advice covering this or not, but as I'm reading the rules saving throws are proficiencies, and you only get the proficiencies from the chart on page 164, which does not list any saving throw proficiencies.

It seems somewhat OP to allow 2 saves for a single level advancement, although that is in line with the feat cost for Resilient (Assuming the new level costs the player an ASI)

Is there something I'm missing? Thoughts?

Oramac
2016-10-25, 10:29 AM
Nope. You do not get the saving throw proficiencies of the second class you take.

If you did, it would make multiclassing considerably more powerful, as you could get all the major saves with just one or two MC levels.

Rysto
2016-10-25, 10:32 AM
You only get the proficiencies listed in that chart. Therefore, multiclassing does not grant additional saving throw proficiencies. If a class feature grants an additional saving throw proficiency, such as the Rogue's Slippery Mind feature, then you do get the proficiency. Such features tend to get granted at very high levels -- Slipper Mind comes in at Rogue level 15 -- so it's not something that you'd be able to multiclass to pick up with a dip.