PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Touch Attacks Rules Help

Meanlucario
2016-10-25, 08:36 PM
I know that you use flat foot for AC, and that you roll a D20, but do I add anything on touch attack rolls, and if so, is it the same for melee touch and range touch?

Erys
2016-10-25, 08:46 PM
Touch AC is not the same as flat footed AC.

Touch Attacks: Some attacks disregard armor, including shields and natural armor. In these cases, the attacker makes a touch attack roll (either ranged or melee). When you are the target of a touch attack, your AC doesn’t include any armor bonus, shield bonus, or natural armor bonus. All other modifiers, such as your size modifier, Dexterity modifier, and deflection bonus (if any) apply normally.
link (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/combat.html)

All attack rolls have modifiers. Usually str(or dex) modifier + BAB.

Meanlucario
2016-10-25, 08:53 PM

Sorry, got flat foot and touch mixed up. So, it would be like with weapons, as in str for melee touch, and dex for range?

Remuko
2016-10-25, 08:56 PM
Sorry, got flat foot and touch mixed up. So, it would be like with weapons, as in str for melee touch, and dex for range?

that is correct

Meanlucario
2016-10-25, 08:59 PM

that is correct

Got it, thanks you guys.

Sicarius Victis
2016-10-25, 09:23 PM
So, a ranged touch attack from, say, Scorching Ray uses your DEX modifier? Does it actually work that way?

I'm honestly curious, I've actually never been sure how they worked.

Erys
2016-10-25, 09:33 PM
So, a ranged touch attack from, say, Scorching Ray uses your DEX modifier? Does it actually work that way?

I'm honestly curious, I've actually never been sure how they worked.

Yeppers!

Dex + BAB (+size mod - range penalties, if any).

Sicarius Victis
2016-10-25, 11:10 PM
Yeppers!

Dex + BAB (+size mod - range penalties, if any).

Wow. All this time I thought spell attacks, such as Scorching Ray, didn't even use an ability score, just BAB.

Well, I guess it's good I don't play 3.PF often enough to ever end up in a situation that it even mattered in anyways, huh?