PDA

View Full Version : Pandemonium Teiflings (homebrew)

NecroDancer
2016-10-26, 06:17 AM
These Teiflings have decended from the howling depths of the plane of pandemonium.

Ability Score Increase: +2 charisma +1 constitution

Chaotic Mind: You have advantage on saving throws against "charm person", "suggestion", "modify memory", and any affects that charm. You also have resistance to psychic damage (this replaces your hellish restiance)

Howling Legacy: You know the "gust" cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level you can cast "dissonant whispers" once per day as a 2nd level spell. Once you reach 5th level you can cast "warding wind" once per day. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells. (This replaces your internal legacy)

Languages: you speak commen and one other language

So what does the playground think? I tried to base the races abilities off the themes of wind and madness.

Scathain
2016-10-26, 06:29 AM
Similar stats to abyssal tiefling was a good move, keep team chaos consistent. I love tiefling variants, this gets a thumbs up.

Jamgretter
2016-10-26, 07:52 AM
"Mind altering effects" is a bit broad. I would rephrase that.

TheMightyPotato
2016-10-26, 10:38 AM
Psychic damage comes up less often than fire maybe give it another trait to compensate for that?

JackPhoenix
2016-10-26, 10:59 AM
Psychic damage comes up less often than fire maybe give it another trait to compensate for that?

Hence the advantage on saves against mind-affecting effects. Though I agree, unlike 3.5, mind-affecting isn't a keyword or a defined category in 5e, it would be better to clarify what does that mean.

TundraBuccaneer
2016-10-26, 02:58 PM
Does mind altering effects contain spells like charm person and command? Its quite vague what you mean be it.

brainface
2016-10-26, 03:01 PM
Would "advantage on intelligence, wisdom, and charisma saving throws against magic" or however gnome reads work?

Falcon X
2016-10-26, 03:10 PM
Might want to think about what fiend they could be descended from. The only one I know about is Miska the Wolf Spider, though it could be any of them on an excursion.

Douche
2016-10-26, 03:20 PM
"Mind altering effects" is a bit broad. I would rephrase that.

Yeah, I mean if an elf only gets Charm & Sleep, or a Halfling only gets Fear, there shouldn't be a banner "All mind altering effects" trait.

brainface
2016-10-26, 03:27 PM
That's pretty much what gnome has though?