PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a all spellcaster party.

Sir cryosin
2016-10-26, 09:49 AM
So we are doing a Avatar game. (avatar the last aor dender/ legend of korra.) So the party is air bender bard lore, evoker wizard fire bender, land druid earth bender, me dragon sorcerer ( Leviathan) water bender. Then a bladesinger we are say he's a Oddity and gain his powers from spirits. Now are DM is being a little lenient on spell picking so me water bender has cure wounds. So I have the most hp at 3rd lv with 31 everybody's AC is around 15. We use spell and change damage type or refluff. But what I would like is advice in how to keep this party alive. Last night was first session and we were attacked by Bandits using crossbows. And I was just getting destroyed.

Edited: if wondering why 31 hp is because i took tough feat vhuman with a +2 Con mod. +1 dragon sorc then roll high on hit dice.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-10-26, 09:56 AM
Mhm, none of you are particularly tanky, are you? And at 3rd level, you don't really have access to the full suite of defensive spells yet (Wind Wall and Wall of Water would have wrecked those crossbowmen, but they're both spell level 3). You're probably going to have to fight smart - don't get into fights you can't win, or run away when things get too hot. Do any of you know any illusions? I imagine the spirity bladesinger might. Can the bard talk you out of trouble? Look for any edge like that you can get.