PDA

View Full Version : New realm = New Problems and/or Opportunities

Maxilian
2016-10-26, 10:01 AM
Hello, my party ended up in a realm of a cursed demi-god that was mad thanks to the curse of another god, this curse not only drove the demi-god mad, but it was slowly but surely, killing it (it would have taken a couple of thousands of years), but my players got the chance to put this demi-god down, now they basically have a whole realm that its (in theory) empty, right now this realm have:

-A giant cursed hoard of gold and precious object (This hoard was what drove mad the Demi-god)

-A Giant crystal that can be used to give form to the realm itself (The players cannot use it, but they have "befriended" a demon that can and is using it to shape the realm)

The players moved a whole town to this new realm (the world was in some troubles, and they decided to just flee the world -Guess who did not stopped Tiamat summoning?-), the realm is a twisted reflection of the "normal world" cause the one who shapes it is the one who can control the crystal and the one who is shapping it is a demon that, per se, have a twisted outlook to everything, so it basically have the "normal beast and plants" but more demon-like and, even if the fauna looks scary as ****, the problem is the flora (Most of the Flora will kill you one way or the other).

My plan was just to connect this realm with a hidden portal to the Eternal Staircases (A part of me is not sure if i want to go with that adventure or the Dead Gods adventure) at least to give them the ability to move around and be able to visit others cities (like The Sigil) and, if they ever wish, go back to the world now ruled by dragons (mainly the surface, those that survived the rampage of Tiamat and their followers ran away to the underdark creating a lot of conflict with the Drow elves), but i also want them to give them a reason to explore this new realm, what could it hold? Was this crazy demi-god the only thing in this whole realm? (in the end, it did not have many "subjects" cause he though that EVERYONE wanted to take his treasure -Reason why he went to that empty realm-)

Herobizkit
2016-10-27, 04:38 AM
By its very nature, a demi-plane can be as small or as large as necessary for your purposes.

What would the Mad God have built with the Crystal before he went insane that might have helped him acquire or deal with the treasure?

What might the demon be building to acquire or deal with the same treasure that it might not be sharing with the heroes?

If this demi-plane is indeed just a way-station for the players to move on to another adventure, by all means, let them shuffle on and not worry about it. That's what the demon would want, after all. :smallamused:

If you want the players to explore this plane, consider what the God would have made for itself. What kind of God was it? Would it choose to live simply or make obnoxiously large palaces for itself? Would it make people, monsters, assistants, worshipers for itself? Would they have also gone insane?

Nothing has to follow the actual rules of normal Earth physics (or even magical Earth physics). Be as weird as you wanna be. :)