PDA

View Full Version : Lizardfolk Character Classes Ideas?

Meanlucario
2016-10-26, 03:51 PM
I recently discover the Viletooth Lizardfolk from the book Dragon Magic, and wanted to know what would some good classes for it would be. It probably won't be used anytime soon, so this is more of something for me to create for fun to roll out if I ever need it.

PraxisVetli
2016-10-26, 06:19 PM
I recently discover the Viletooth Lizardfolk from the book Dragon Magic, and wanted to know what would some good classes for it would be. It probably won't be used anytime soon, so this is more of something for me to create for fun to roll out if I ever need it.

I had a good run once with a crusader lizardfolk with Animal Cohort to grab a giant crocodile I rode into battle.
Good times...

Nifft
2016-10-26, 06:33 PM
I think that's one of the races that's forced to start with racial HD. If so, consider a ToB Initiator.

For the lizardfolk form-factor I generally like Totemist, because you already have a claw/claw/bite routine, so you can go straight for the more exotic & bite-buffing soulmelds.

Meanlucario
2016-10-26, 06:40 PM
Also, my plan was to talk my DM to let me play it at first and losing the bonus HD, skill points, and feat. Please keep that in mind.

Nifft
2016-10-26, 06:48 PM
Also, my plan was to talk my DM to let me play it at first and losing the bonus HD, skill points, and feat. Please keep that in mind.

You may also want to look into Poison Dusk Lizardfolk, which are 0 HD, +1 LA lizardfolk with a 1d3/1d3/1d3 claw/claw/bite routine.

In any case, Totemist becomes even better without racial HD.

Meanlucario
2016-10-27, 11:15 AM
Anyway, I decided to go with the warlock class from Arcane.

PraxisVetli
2016-10-27, 05:13 PM
You may also want to look into Poison Dusk Lizardfolk, which are 0 HD, +1 LA lizardfolk with a 1d3/1d3/1d3 claw/claw/bite routine.

In any case, Totemist becomes even better without racial HD.

Just droppin to say this, Poison Dusk Lizardfolk are my JAM.
Favorite race ever.

supersonic29
2016-10-27, 07:36 PM
I once played a Lizardfolk Bard/Warlock. Let me tell you what you already know: they aren't really good at either of those things, much less together.

If I were building around this race, I'd try to do some shenanigans with that bite attack. Personally, I had an awful thought of using that move silently and some way to grab Death Attack and Sneak Attack (or one of its equivalents) and just build around biting people sneakily. Make some kind of weird reputation for yourself by just creeping up on your targets and trying to bite them to death. Get that necklace from SS that buffs natural weapons, the works. Coup de grace people by biting their jugular. Use the bite as a primary weapon so that all your extra BAB attacks are assigned to it. Maybe try and grab flurry of blows for a flurry of bites (if that even works, I haven't looked at that text in a while.) There's a very high chance that I'm way too into this.

Meanlucario
2016-10-27, 07:50 PM

What you do in your spare time isn't my business.
Jokes aside, a bite gimmick isn't bad, especially since I'm going Viletooth which has a acid buff to bite attacks. I'm likely going to stick with Warlock, since it would be fun playing a character that would be called "edgy" if it wasn't in D&D. Still, Warlock looks fun, and I have a thing for playing reptile races.

Nifft
2016-10-27, 08:20 PM
Just droppin to say this, Poison Dusk Lizardfolk are my JAM.
Favorite race ever.

I like 'em as Dragonfire Adepts.

But the +2 Dex / +2 Con is also excellent on a Totemist.

The +4 to Jump works well with a Tiger Claw Warblade (and Tiger Claw has Claw as a favored weapon -- shocking, I know).

They're a fun race, especially with LA buyoff.

Meanlucario
2016-10-28, 11:43 AM
Anyone know any good bite feats?

supersonic29
2016-10-28, 12:21 PM

I believe there is a natural weapon focus somewhere, if not you are probably just allowed to take weapon focus and its feat tree on natural weapons. I very much recommend that necklace in the wondrous items of Savage Species if you have the character wealth to throw at it. If I recall correctly, (not having my books presently) lizardfolk have 2 claw attacks as well, so multiattack may be a solid option for you to make a full attack with those and your bite. In general, I'd browse some MManual feats and Savage Species feats for ideas.

Cerefel
2016-10-28, 12:28 PM
The monster manual has the Improved Natural Attack feat

Nifft
2016-10-28, 05:13 PM

Shape Soulmeld (Worg Pelt) + Open Least Chakra (Hands).

With those two feats, you get a free Trip attempt with every Bite attack.

Vizzerdrix
2016-10-28, 05:50 PM
Is it poisonous bite? If so head over to the handbook section on minmax boards and find the spew handbook.

Meanlucario
2016-10-28, 10:19 PM
Is it poisonous bite? If so head over to the handbook section on minmax boards and find the spew handbook.

No, but is has a 1d6 acid bonus.