PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need help with character!

Elocsnrek1
2016-10-27, 12:39 AM
So I was going through my monster manual when the myconid page caught my attention. I was intrigued by the possibilities of a myconid spore servant character, and want to set about making one. The rough plan is that it will play like a berserker and use little by way of weapons and armor. There are a few stumbling blocks, the main one being that I have to decide its original race (and of course keep my character balanced in doing so). The character won't be using weapons, and unarmed damage for a spore servant is determined by size; if it was medium, then it deals 1d4 + strength modifier. If large, 2d4 + strength modifier. I'm not sure if the first is too underpowered or the second too overpowered, so this is my first issue in determining what it used to be. Also, a spore servant's intelligence, wisdom, and charisma are set to 2,6, and 1 respectively, so whatever it's prior race was it needs to have enough strength, constitution, and dexterity to offset that. Also, it's speeds will be reduced by 10 feet so it really needs to hit like a truck. All in all, I don't know what is too weak and too strong, so I need help making this character reasonable and enjoyable. Thank you in advance for any advice!