PDA

View Full Version : Belkar's got a secret...

Garrett_Freebor
2007-07-12, 07:16 AM
Thus far, we all see :belkar: as the badass, evil, taunting ranger of OOTS.He always gets side-splitting lines with a lot of irony, sexism, racism and all the -isms...in a few words, he's the coolest.

I think a secret of his that will be uncovered at some point and make him loose his confidence is in order, don't you think?:amused:

Morty
2007-07-12, 07:20 AM
Nope. Anything like that will ruin Belkar's character, who is supposed to be funny even when everything around is serious.

Eldred
2007-07-12, 07:21 AM
Belkar probably doesn't have any secrets - if he did, they're already dead.

Deuterium
2007-07-12, 07:22 AM
I don't think anything will make :belkar: lose his confidence - he is a psychopath, after all.

Maybe we will find out a little more why he is that way, perhaps the next time he needs more XP and roleplays for it. :smallbiggrin:

Kurald Galain
2007-07-12, 07:36 AM
I suspect the secret is that he sleeps with his teddy bear. Which would probably be a ripped-off part of a real bear.

Then again, Roy has boobies...

factotum
2007-07-12, 08:35 AM
I think Belkar is going to stay exactly as he is right up to the moment he dies, which is going to be within a year or two according to the Oracle.

Roderick_BR
2007-07-12, 11:18 AM
Nope. Anything like that will ruin Belkar's character, who is supposed to be funny even when everything around is serious.
Then he'll be serious when everything around is funny :smallamused:

David Argall
2007-07-12, 01:27 PM

There are a variety of secrets we can give him that would not ruin his character.

The one person he is really scared of ... mom... She may be a totally sweet old lady [probably best] who is entirely oblivious to his flaws or a 20th level who can bat him around. Either way, he is helpless before her and must submit to blatent and unmanly mothering from her. And in front of the entire party...

Ithekro
2007-07-12, 01:59 PM
He's afraid of being smited I think. Not from a Paladin mind you, but from a god.

Belkar's Left Foot
2007-07-12, 02:14 PM
He'd probably stay sarcastic and biting till the end, he doesn't seem to fear death, so smiting by a god doesn't seem that scary to him, especially since he knows what willl happen to him in the afterlife.
That's the reason most people fear death, no one really knows what happens after death, since he knows, he wouldn't be scared.

NeonRonin
2007-07-13, 12:12 AM
He'd probably stay sarcastic and biting till the end, he doesn't seem to fear death, so smiting by a god doesn't seem that scary to him, especially since he knows what willl happen to him in the afterlife.
That's the reason most people fear death, no one really knows what happens after death, since he knows, he wouldn't be scared.

I dunno...

Didn't he panic, hit the ground and start apologizing for cussing when Vaarsuvius' flawed Iron Mage spell busted down his prison wall? (On the Order of P.C's) He specifically said, 'please don't smite me' before realizing nothing else was forthcoming. So the question remains... WHO would he be scared of that would be capable of such a smiting? Be they mortal or god, that incident was about the only time I ever saw Belkar being afraid- if only for a moment.

Worth thinking about, even if it ultimately doesn't have anything to do with the story.

Zictor
2007-07-13, 05:27 AM
I suspect the secret is that he sleeps with his teddy bear. Which would probably be a ripped-off part of a real bear.

Then again, Roy has boobies...

Not only boobies, he also has a great cleavage

Skyserpent
2007-07-13, 08:37 AM
Belkar is Belkar. No two ways about it. He's nuts and thus he shall stay unless Rich will convince us otherwise with wonderful writing as he so often does.

Also: Belkar IS serious when he's doing the ass kicking thing. He's only really "funny" when he's not actively pursuing relocation of organs to more scenic locales.

Oberon
2007-07-13, 03:35 PM
Belkar is Belkar. No two ways about it. He's nuts and thus he shall stay unless Rich will convince us otherwise with wonderful writing as he so often does.

Also: Belkar IS serious when he's doing the ass kicking thing. He's only really "funny" when he's not actively pursuing relocation of organs to more scenic locales.

Even then he can be funny... for some reason "who's the guy with the new leather hat?" always makes me laugh, and I don't know why.

Goofy
2007-07-13, 03:52 PM
I'm sure he's got plenty of skeletons in his closet.

Har har.