PDA

View Full Version : The long way round.

Lolzords
2007-07-12, 07:24 AM
I'm doing a campaign this week. In our group there is: A barbarian, 2 clerics, a sorcerer and 2 rogues (one of them me).

Basically we walked down this ledge after jumping over a stream next to a chasm 40ft deep. We came across an army of zombies, each of which have a gem in their forehead which is how they're controlled by the necromancer (BBEG). There's a row of 5 at the front and the DM stated "there's a couple more rows behind that."

As the zombies were staring at us as we came in, we believe the large tin of controlling gems also let the necro know where we are.

Our plan is to grab a couple of gems from the box and check how easy they are to smash. Then we lob them off the forementioned chasm (keeping the large tin) so the necro thinks that the person holding them fell off and the teamates were too lazy to get his body.

We fill our waterskins and the large tin with water from the stream which our clerics bless. We then dip our arrows and other weapons in the water (our DM told us this would temporily give them the effects of a holy weapon) and fire at the zombies, aiming for the zombie gems if they turn out to be easily broken.

If the zombies come too close we empty our waterskins and the tin on the zombies, before getting the spell casters to summon some monsters for flavour before charging into melee with our blessed weapons.

Does this seem like a good plan?

Oeryn
2007-07-12, 09:43 AM
Seems like you've got two different objectives, here. One is to make it so the necromancer can no longer see where you are, and the other is to destroy the skeletons. I'm not sure which is the higher priority, but it seems to me that two clerics and a barbarian lend themselves to the "Double Turn Undead, then Smash the rest"-type of plan, if you just want to destroy the skeletons.

Kurald Galain
2007-07-12, 09:56 AM
Shatter spell, anyone?

Prometheus
2007-07-13, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't count on being able to aim for the gems.