PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Changing weapons or weapons that consume other weapons

Mighty Physche
2016-10-27, 04:05 PM
I want an ability added to a different weapon, but the weapon is unique already and doesn't have a noted price. Basically I want to add the con dmg bonus from the hammer of earth to an elven courtblade. How would I go about doing this without just saying "I'm the dm, I get what I want!"

Vizzerdrix
2016-10-27, 04:17 PM
Reverse engineer the item untill all that remains is the ability. That should give you a ball park price.

Mighty Physche
2016-10-27, 05:06 PM
Good to go on price, but are there any weapons that can "eat" abilities of other weapons?

MisterKaws
2016-10-27, 05:21 PM
The feat Ancestral Relic, from The Book of Exalted Deeds, lets you shove nearly half your WBL in any form(including magic items) into a single item, so you could just copy an ability over to the new item. However, you can't use it for artifacts, so it won't help in your case.

barakaka
2016-10-27, 11:02 PM
He killed the previous owner, and melted the hammer down to form a weapon he could really slay with.

Vogie
2016-10-28, 01:43 PM
In PF there's a Allying enchantment (+1 bonus) that allows you to "transfer some or all of the weapon's enhancement bonus to one weapon being used by an ally of the wielder". I could see an equal or higher priced that allows you to do something similar to transfer the damage bonus to another weapon you are wielding.

Maybe with a higher CL than allying (which is 5) because this could easily get abused.

Mighty Physche
2016-11-09, 02:49 PM
Thanks to all it was appreciated.