PDA

View Full Version : Epic Paladin Items

D&DPrinceTandem
2016-10-27, 11:30 PM
i am building a Epic lvl paladin/cleric with limitless gold.
what items should i get?
what feats should i take?
what should i have skill-wise?
Remember its epic lvl.
thanks in advance

JeminiZero
2016-10-28, 12:34 AM
How is epic spellcasting handled?

How much Paladin and how much Cleric are we talking about? What books are allowed for PrCs and items?

And have you read Tales of Wyre? :smalltongue:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By9C3jHigyT0RDhsZ0tVWHU1NjQ

D&DPrinceTandem
2016-10-28, 01:18 AM
How is epic spellcasting handled?

How much Paladin and how much Cleric are we talking about? What books are allowed for PrCs and items?

And have you read Tales of Wyre?
good,15 in each, no i haven't

JeminiZero
2016-10-28, 01:56 AM
good
How Epic Spellcasting is handled, can make or break the campaign and/or character. Merely having ACCESS to epic spellcasting can make a HUGE difference.

no i haven't
Tales of Wyre (or the first half at least) is one of the best stories I have read that feature Paladins and their spellcasting party members. The tale starts off at the high teens, and progresses into 30+ epic. Read it for an example of what basic epic spellcasting can do.

15 in each
With only 15 Cleric, you don't qualify for Epic Spellcasting. I recommend only a token dip in Paladin (or Prestige Paladin), and spend the rest on Cleric, and PrCs with full casting (Contemplative, Church Inquisitor, Sacred Exorcist), or only a level or 2 or caster level lost (Ruby Knight Vindicator, Bone Knight). Be sure to grab Practiced Spellcaster, and try not to lose more than 4 caster levels.

BWR
2016-10-28, 02:18 AM
Limitless gold? get everything.

Mando Knight
2016-10-28, 02:25 AM
Limitless gold = +∞ (Item)s of (Everything). You'll need limitations to make "limitless gold" make sense as anything other than "Own everything, whether possible or not".

137beth
2016-10-28, 10:17 AM
I was going to suggest some of my favorite items, and then I saw "limitless gold":smalleek:

How Epic Spellcasting is handled, can make or break the campaign and/or character. Merely having ACCESS to epic spellcasting can make a HUGE difference.
It usually does, but with unlimited wealth, it may not even matter. You have arbitrarily high ability scores, can cast every spell from a scroll with arbitrarily high caster level, and you have unlimited followers (by virtue of having an arbitrarily high Charisma modifier). And your followers and cohort can also have arbitrarily high ability scores, etc, since you can give them some of your limitless wealth. And every other trick you could ever get from items. There really isn't all that much that epic spellcasting can do which can't be accomplished by "unlimited" gold.

Of course, if epic spellcasting is on the table, then having your unlimited followers contribute spell slots can easily reduce the spellcraft DC of any epic spell you might want to 0.

DarkSoul
2016-10-28, 03:48 PM
Go on rebuild quests to become a paladin 9/cleric 21, take epic spellcasting, win.

Âmesang
2016-10-28, 09:51 PM
Less optimized answer: Take 30 levels in paladin, take Improved Spell Capacity (5th-9th), take Epic Spellcasting…

…become Artix von Krieger (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5_z3N3liEA). :smallamused:

137beth
2016-10-28, 10:58 PM
Less optimized answer: Take 30 levels in paladin, take Improved Spell Capacity (5th-9th), take Epic Spellcasting…
If you're starting at level 30 with unlimited wealth, I'm not sure that that is actually "less optimized." At epic levels, the only real difference between two characters, neither of whom have epic spellcasting, is who has higher numbers. Likewise, the only real difference between two characters, both of whom have epic spellcasting, is who has higher numbers. Magic items can do everything a nonepic wizard//druid//cleric gestalt can do, it's just a matter of how high your DCs are and how often you can do it. With unlimited wealth, it doesn't matter, since you have arbitrarily high numbers anyways. Likewise, once you have epic spellcasting, the only thing that matters is how high you can pump your spellcraft DCs, and there once again "unlimited" magic items would wash away any distinction between a Paladin 30 with epic spellcasting and a cleric 30 with epic spellcasting. Or a cleric 999999999, for that matter, since the only difference between a 21st level cleric and a 99999999th level cleric is who has higher numbers.