PDA

View Full Version : Xykon as an employer

Garrett_Freebor
2007-07-12, 08:20 AM
Many times have we seen Xykon as an employer...from the necrophiliac witch during the siege of Azure City to the "discount monsters" early in the comic...
How good an employer do you think Xykon is?If he ran a buisness what would it be?What whould the company's slogan be?(well, except "we're always hiring")

yoshi927
2007-07-12, 09:17 AM
He'd be great for profits. "I will turn you into a zombie", nothing like it for motivation purposes. :smallbiggrin:

Garrett_Freebor
2007-07-12, 09:21 AM
He'd be great for profits. "I will turn you into a zombie", nothing like it for motivation purposes. :smallbiggrin:

HAHAHA!!!Good one...it's funny cause it's true.Although that whould bring his hirings to a minimum cause people(or monsters, or demons, or undead...)whould be afraid to join his company.

ChopSticks28
2007-07-12, 09:51 AM
If he has enough employees, he can own a very successfull ship building company.

Prince_Rohan
2007-07-12, 10:32 AM
It's a nice idea, but I still have to go for Zod as Boss/President/Ruler/Big Gouda.

http://www.zod2008.com/

Although were Xykon to be his running mate we would be sure to get the undead swing vote! (I never liked Ursa anyway)

TreesOfDeath
2007-07-12, 11:42 AM
He'd be an utterly sadistic and cruel boss that no sane person would want to work for.
If I worked for Xykon, I'd be waiting for the day Redcloak pulls a hostile takeover

Runolfr
2007-07-12, 12:51 PM
The pay, health plan, and other benefits (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0037.html) certainly suck.

David Argall
2007-07-12, 01:09 PM
"All pay and other employment problems immediately and satisfactorily resolved*"

*Well, to the lich's satisfaction anyway...

"We guarantee lifetime employment, as a minimum."

wgabrie
2007-07-12, 02:36 PM
It happens on payday.

:xykon: : Who are you again?

Hungry Kobold
2007-07-12, 10:48 PM
Then again, it's an instant guarantee that your loved ones will never have to pay for your funeral.

Nomadic
2007-07-12, 11:15 PM
Well at least the annual company Halloween party would be a blast (well except for the zombies trying to eat your brain).

Duke Malagigi
2007-07-12, 11:53 PM
:xykon: is an undead, unambiguously Chaotic Evil, mentally retarded and illiterate version of Bernard Black from Black Books. Thats how I see him.

:redcloak: is a priestly, Lawful Evil and goblinoid version of Manny Bianco, also from Black Books.

Duke Malagigi
2007-07-13, 12:03 AM
Manny is the overweight orange haired man wearing the flower patterned shirt. Bernard is the deshevled looking black haired man sitting in front of Fran and Manny.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/Blackbooks.jpg

factotum
2007-07-13, 01:29 AM
:xykon: is an undead, unambiguously Chaotic Evil, mentally retarded and illiterate version of Bernard Black from Black Books. Thats how I see him.

:redcloak: is a priestly, Lawful Evil and goblinoid version of Manny Bianco, also from Black Books.

See, I'd disagree there. Xykon is actually pretty darn smart, he just doesn't care enough about most things to be bothered thinking them through. (Read SoD for a perfect example of this). On the other hand, Manny is a complete idiot and therefore isn't a good match for Redcloak at all.

Charles Phipps
2007-07-13, 02:49 AM
He'd be an utterly sadistic and cruel boss that no sane person would want to work for.
If I worked for Xykon, I'd be waiting for the day Redcloak pulls a hostile takeover

Then I'd happily shoot Redcloak. Seriously, who wants to work for Goblins? *Threepio voice* Disgusting creatures.

Xykon is, in my mind, the perfect Boss. He's lazy, cruel, evil, but doesn't attempt to pretend to be anything else like every other boss in the world. The level of honesty there is heartening. Plus, while you'll be sacrificed and cruelly abused....you have a chance of WINNING since Xykon has read the Evil Overlord list.

Plus, you get to abuse other people to make up for your abuse!

To stick with the game of What British TV show is Xykon Most Like, it's more like Yes Minister except the lead is replaced by Sauron. Yes, the Civil Servant Sir Humpry Redcloak has to cover for the ridiculous expectations of Xykon.

It's just Xykon gets what he wants 9/10

cheesecake
2007-07-13, 06:46 AM
I think I already work for him.

Skyserpent
2007-07-13, 08:34 AM
I bet Xykon offers dental! Look at those shiny fangs!

KBF
2007-07-13, 01:58 PM
Xykon pays for his own dental out of the OTHER employee's dental he DOESN'T pay for, obviously.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 03:05 PM
I would never want to work for Xykon, he sacrifices minions just for fun.

Spiky
2007-07-14, 12:20 AM
Xykon is, in my mind, the perfect Boss. He's lazy, cruel, evil, but doesn't attempt to pretend to be anything else like every other boss in the world. The level of honesty there is heartening. Plus, while you'll be sacrificed and cruelly abused....you have a chance of WINNING since Xykon has read the Evil Overlord list.

For once I agree with Charles. While Xykon does assume that minions are for sacrificing and that's bad for the minions, some of us aren't minions.

Ancalagon
2007-07-14, 02:56 AM
For once I agree with Charles. While Xykon does assume that minions are for sacrificing and that's bad for the minions, some of us aren't minions.

Fory Xykon, everyone is a minion. And yes, that includes you.

Charles Phipps
2007-07-14, 03:29 AM
Fory Xykon, everyone is a minion. And yes, that includes you.

Well the other choice is "Victim."

Now doesn't minion look more appealing?

We're not exactly a situation where Xykon is leaving the rest of the world alone if you notice.

Ancalagon
2007-07-14, 04:09 AM
We're not exactly a situation where Xykon is leaving the rest of the world alone if you notice.

Before I notice that I first have to understand what you wanted to express... apart from that... there is a difference between "victim" and "minion":
"Victims" are those who get killed in Xykons path and "minions" are victums, who worked for him before they got killed in his path.
Also, everyone who works for him is a minion. Even Redcloak is one and the only reason he does not dispose Redcloak as all the other minions is that he a) still needs him (SoD) and b) needs someone who carries (and cares for) his phylactery.

Quietus
2007-07-14, 09:12 AM
If he has enough employees, he can own a very successfull ship building company.

Also, if he has enough employees, he'll never run out of materials!

dragoncmd
2007-07-14, 11:47 AM
some other ideas are shown on this games thread. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45333