PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun Solo Game for Eldest

tekomandor
2016-10-28, 09:28 AM
There's a deadness to your little corner of Seattle's streets lately. It's not the rain, biting cold and just that little bit acidic, or the currently burning dumpster fire of a gang war that is the conflict between the Chain Mystics and the 2044 Brothers. Those are just a part of everyday life, something you grew up with and something that's honestly kind of funny respectively.

No, what everyone's really afraid of is the serial killer stalking the city. It's odd, right? People get killed in the shadows every day, and you'd seen a corpse before you got into the double digits. But this guy... he gets people through all kinds of security - gang leaders, corporate execs and politicians alike. There's no rhyme, no reason to what this guy does.

Of course, the really scary thing is that it took people six months to notice there was a serial killer at all. Their first victims looked like accidents - hell, all of them do - but people slowly started to put together the clues. Only after sixteen deaths and six months did the cops finally cotton on; which would be a bit slow for them to realise a serial killer was active in Redmond, let alone multiple AAA districts.

Your comlink sends an alert to your PAN, the virtual avatar of your handler popping up in miniature nearby. You haven't accepted the call yet, so he can't see or hear anything, but after you do Jake starts to say the words you've been dying to hear.

"Hey, I think I've got some under the table work for you - interested? Meet me at that noodle joint we used to go to before... well before all this **** went south." His avatar says. The place he's talking about is located in the touristville part of Redmond, so not quite the barrens but not suit-and-tie-required either.

Eldest
2016-10-28, 10:49 AM
Tasha nods at the comm, her signal for it to pick up, and pulls her coat tighter around her. The roof in the wreaked former grocery store she was squatting in didn't leak, thankfully, but the windows were busted out and the wind managed to make up for the small fire she had going. She sits on the mattress she'd scavenged. Shoot me a time. I'll be bringing my work clothes. She's got her hair in it's normal sidesweep, and her lined coat, hat, and gloves. She heads out and catches a bus as close as she can, thanking the City Mother that she'd gotten a good hat back when she had money.

tekomandor
2016-10-28, 01:40 PM
Tasha nods at the comm, her signal for it to pick up, and pulls her coat tighter around her. The roof in the wreaked former grocery store she was squatting in didn't leak, thankfully, but the windows were busted out and the wind managed to make up for the small fire she had going. She sits on the mattress she'd scavenged. Shoot me a time. I'll be bringing my work clothes. She's got her hair in it's normal sidesweep, and her lined coat, hat, and gloves. She heads out and catches a bus as close as she can, thanking the City Mother that she'd gotten a good hat back when she had money.

The bus doesn't come very deep into the barrens, but no one hassles you on your way to the nearest bus stop. You see a few gangers scampering about here and there, but then you're at the bus stop and into touristville. You get off the bus at the right stop, and see Jake sitting just inside a shop that sells noodles in faux paper boxes. It's fake wooden decor is peeling off, the cheap plastic seats are uncomfortable and there's more heat coming from the wok burner than the heating system.

But it's good, and it's warmer than standing outside. Jake beckons you over, and you see he's ordered your usual.

"Hey Tasha, good seeing you in person again. Anyway, 'bout that job - the client wants you to check out some wageslave, said to expect resistance. It's pretty weird to tell you the truth, but nuyen's nuyen and this guy's got ten thousand in escrow for the job. Any questions?"

Eldest
2016-10-28, 02:28 PM
She slurps noodles unapologetically. Am I providing headhunting, background checks, or retirement? she gets out between bites of delicious soy-based noodles. Her formal words seem at odd with her piercings, hair, and overall punk attitude, but she was always professional on the job.

She's asking if she's kidnapping, stealing info, or killing him/her.

tekomandor
2016-10-28, 03:05 PM
She slurps noodles unapologetically. Am I providing headhunting, background checks, or retirement? she gets out between bites of delicious soy-based noodles. Her formal words seem at odd with her piercings, hair, and overall punk attitude, but she was always professional on the job.

She's asking if she's kidnapping, stealing info, or killing him/her.

"That's where it gets a bit peculiar. The client wants you to shadow this guy, and provide protection - preferably without his notice. They had only a few other orders - try not to kill anyone, and to 'get out when it gets too hot'. They seemed pretty insistent on the first one. I'm not sure this guy makes ten thousand nuyen in six months, but the money in escrow is real enough."

Eldest
2016-10-28, 03:16 PM
She blinks in confusion and pauses, chewing thoughtfully. So they want him protected, but they also want me to get out if it gets too hot? Stinks, but I'll take it. Hurting for the nuyen right now. What I wouldn't give for windows. She shakes her head, and resumes eating. Who's the perp? Any limits on acceptable behavior? Could I seduce him and then protect him from that angle? Would explain why I was around so much. Or the sneaky type also works.

tekomandor
2016-10-29, 09:35 AM
She blinks in confusion and pauses, chewing thoughtfully. So they want him protected, but they also want me to get out if it gets too hot? Stinks, but I'll take it. Hurting for the nuyen right now. What I wouldn't give for windows. She shakes her head, and resumes eating. Who's the perp? Any limits on acceptable behavior? Could I seduce him and then protect him from that angle? Would explain why I was around so much. Or the sneaky type also works.

"They said they didn't know who it'd be exactly, but they suggested hired goons - gangers, that sort of thing. If you think you can pull it off, seducing him shouldn't pose a problem."= Jake replies, delicately picking up a piece of soy-substitute pork with his plastic chopsticks.

Eldest
2016-10-29, 11:02 AM
She nods. "Tell the Johnson I'll take the job but I need money up front too. Operating costs are high if I'm hiring on others. And if he's not gay or ace I can seduce him. Probably won't though."

tekomandor
2016-10-30, 10:53 AM
She nods. "Tell the Johnson I'll take the job but I need money up front too. Operating costs are high if I'm hiring on others. And if he's not gay or ace I can seduce him. Probably won't though."

"Okay, I'll tell them - you should get at least some of the money up front in a few hours." Jake says, and returns to his noodles. Some few hours later, you get a message from him: the client's willing to give you an extra five thousand up front, on top of the payment in escrow. Jake delivers you the money on a certified credstick, and after checking it you see all five thousand nuyen are there.

Roll Negotiation+Charisma to see who's available to do this run. Rolz room name is shadowrunsologame and the password is gitp, if you want to use it.

Eldest
2016-10-31, 12:39 AM
She nods her thanks, and starts calling contacts, phoning out and about.
Got 3 successes, no glitch. For this I really want Carlos: Azzie expat that's got shady deals leading back to one of Aztech's losing factions in their internal strife, Amor: Punk hacker/blogger who knows a lot of the local counter-culture scene and is wiz with the code, and Detective Greenwood, cynical long time cop who works a beat in gangland, half the gangers respect him for it and half hate his guts. In that order really, after that I could see a use for Jake or Unova (Jake you know: Unova is somebody that nobody knows where she got her nickname, and the last guy who asked got a knife in his eye. Nobody screws with Unova, she likes hurting people too much, but she's got the best connections for when you want something hot fast, and aren't too picky about bloodstains.)

tekomandor
2016-10-31, 10:57 AM
She nods her thanks, and starts calling contacts, phoning out and about.
Got 3 successes, no glitch. For this I really want Carlos: Azzie expat that's got shady deals leading back to one of Aztech's losing factions in their internal strife, Amor: Punk hacker/blogger who knows a lot of the local counter-culture scene and is wiz with the code, and Detective Greenwood, cynical long time cop who works a beat in gangland, half the gangers respect him for it and half hate his guts. In that order really, after that I could see a use for Jake or Unova (Jake you know: Unova is somebody that nobody knows where she got her nickname, and the last guy who asked got a knife in his eye. Nobody screws with Unova, she likes hurting people too much, but she's got the best connections for when you want something hot fast, and aren't too picky about bloodstains.)

"Hey Tasha, I haven't got much on today; I can help you out with your, uh, job." Carlos replies to your inquiry, his accent refined but noticeable. Amor sends you a text only message confirm their attendance; but Greenwood replies in the negative.

"Sorry chummer, a couple of rich kids playing ganger got shot up on my beat and HQ has us under a microscope about the whole case. No way I can help you out with your thing; at least for that kind of money." He says over the com channel.

Jake's has to meet with some of his operatives and Unova - well you called her and all you got was the sound of automatic gunfire, a distant explosion and 'I'M A LITTLE BUSY TASHA'.

Eldest
2016-10-31, 11:27 AM
She makes sure to ask Carlos to provide some of his (more discrete) muscle if he can swing it, promising 3k him and 3k to Amor for backup. She needs info on where he is and what might be threatening him, and that's why she came to Amor: simply the best info-dealer she's got.

tekomandor
2016-10-31, 12:53 PM
She makes sure to ask Carlos to provide some of his (more discrete) muscle if he can swing it, promising 3k him and 3k to Amor for backup. She needs info on where he is and what might be threatening him, and that's why she came to Amor: simply the best info-dealer she's got.

Carlos has a trio of guys he'd trust for something like this - they're solid men, and don't stick out like a sore thumb amidst a sea of wage slaves. They wear nice suits and everything, even. His men are generally packing machine or heavy pistols and the like for this kind of job, with stick and shock preferred to keep the heat off them.

Amor is able to tap into some poorly secured security cameras and, whilst talking to her contacts around that part of town, identifies some goons in ill-fitting suits that seem to keep popping up during the target's work hours. They leave five minutes after he does, and arrive five minutes before. Her contacts are able to identify the goons as footsoldiers of a minor gang.

Eldest
2016-10-31, 02:02 PM
She nods, and starts searching the 'trix for anything on that gang. Might be cheaper to buy them off, after all. In the meantime, though, she's gonna get the shadowers to get shadowed by her new minions. I mean, loyal underlings.

Computers is 3, logic is 2, not edging, no idea what I need to put for this test ^^

tekomandor
2016-11-01, 11:43 AM
She nods, and starts searching the 'trix for anything on that gang. Might be cheaper to buy them off, after all. In the meantime, though, she's gonna get the shadowers to get shadowed by her new minions. I mean, loyal underlings.

Computers is 3, logic is 2, not edging, no idea what I need to put for this test ^^

The matrix is mostly silent on the matter of the gang that seems to have provided your opposition their foot soldiers. You gather that they're not really all that hot, nor do they engage in any major cybercrime beyond slinging BTLs.

Your minions have a more successful time of it. They manage to shadow them back to a safe house in a middle class residential area. The house itself isn't anything special, but despite it's slightly decrepit nature the street as a whole looks fairly well taken care of. The street's in a B Zone.

Eldest
2016-11-02, 08:06 AM
She shrugs at the call, and and checks the time. She makes sure to send a text to Greenwood that a trio of perps from the gang were involved in her current job, and that while no help was expected, he could probably grab a free collar of the gifted three by the end of it if desired. She then starts to organize the three watchers so that one can be on the man at any point, and then schedules herself in as an additional watcher during shift changes and lunch. Time for a stakeout. Mmmmmmm. Steak.

tekomandor
2016-11-04, 07:36 AM
She shrugs at the call, and and checks the time. She makes sure to send a text to Greenwood that a trio of perps from the gang were involved in her current job, and that while no help was expected, he could probably grab a free collar of the gifted three by the end of it if desired. She then starts to organize the three watchers so that one can be on the man at any point, and then schedules herself in as an additional watcher during shift changes and lunch. Time for a stakeout. Mmmmmmm. Steak.

The three goons haven't entered the building before, but they just did. As they walk towards the entrance, you notice one of their suit jackets riding up. Behind it sits a machine pistol, and one of them is carrying an awfully large duffle bag...

Greenwood replies that he'll be happy to take them off your hands, and says that if they can be implicated in anything serious; it'll really help his numbers this quarter.

Eldest
2016-11-04, 10:14 AM
She curses under her breath and jogs forward, crying out "Hold the door, please!" and acting visibly out of breath when catching up. I'm so sorry, I forgot my badge at home, they told me to come in all of a sudden and I don't know what's going on, hopefully it's a job, God knows I need the nuyen... The words pour out, in between artfully placed gasps for air.

Con test, I suppose? 7 successes, counting Good Impression and her tailored pheromones.