PDA

View Full Version : A New Book (Police, Crime, Mystery)

Tormsskull
2007-07-12, 08:30 AM
Hi everyone,

For anyone who has see a lot of my posts in Art & Crafts or perhaps some of my other posts, you might know that I am a book editor on the side of my day job. The author I am currently working with finished his book, and after several months of editing/proofreading it is finally completely done!

The book is called Indignant Reprisals, and can be found over on lulu.coms webpage (Which is a pretty decent website for new authors to take a look at). Here is the link for lulu: http://www.lulu.com.

The book is fiction, and based around a police officer who has a mysterious past. Here is the description for the book:

Six months ago Detroit Police Detective Johnny Thornton's girlfriend died in a drug sting. Most people couldn't care less about the murder of a known prostitute, but someone did, IAD. To Internal Affairs this didn't seem like a drug deal gone bad, they smelled a hit. A contract killing orchestrated by one of their own, only without evidence or a credible eyewitness, the case soon went cold. It stayed that way until the shooter, a smalltime pimp named Cletus, got himself arrested. Even stranger was the fact that Detective Thornton had a chance to silence Cletus, but didn't. His finger froze on the trigger, allowing the only witness to his girlfriend's murder to live. Detective Thornton is busy working a new case. One involving a drug related drive-by, innocent victims and revenge. Johnny races against the clock to bring the shooters to justice before the slaughtered family's patriarch finds a unique way to extract his own brand of revenge.

The author is Miles Lawrence, he is a friend of mine and also from the Detroit area as I am. He was a police officer for some time before he left the force, which makes his book even more interesting to read taking his personal experience into consideration.

If anyone has an questions/comments/or advice I'd love to hear it.