PDA

View Full Version : Skill trick for sneaky beguiler...

lukelightning
2007-07-12, 08:53 AM
I have a changeling beguiler who just reached 2nd level and can get a skill trick from Complete Scoundrel. I was going to go for one of the disguise ones, either:

"Assume quirk" (people don't get a bonus to penetrate my disguise based on familiarity with the assumed form)

Or:

One that can enable me to use bluff to save myself if someone spots my disguise (I forget the name of this trick).

Which one do you all think is better?

Fixer
2007-07-12, 08:55 AM
Which situation do you find yourself more involved in? Disguising as a specific individual or disguising as a generic individual?

lukelightning
2007-07-12, 08:59 AM
Which situation do you find yourself more involved in? Disguising as a specific individual or disguising as a generic individual?

None yet.... I am leaning towards the "assume quirk" trick myself, since my disguise check is high enough that I think the only people who could spot it would be acquaintances of the assumed form.

However, most of the time, when I do a disguise, I am doing it in a "cover ID" an not mimicing someone specifically.

Kurald Galain
2007-07-12, 09:41 AM
How about "conceal spellcasting"?

Oh and you meant "second impression" but I don't think you can take it at level two.

lukelightning
2007-07-12, 09:53 AM
I just re-read "conceal spellcasting" and it's better than I thought...even though it uses sleight of hand as a base, it implys that people don't know you're casting a spell <i>even if the spell has verbal components</i>. I had originally thought that it only affected somatic components.

lotofsnow
2007-07-12, 09:54 AM
How about "conceal spellcasting"?

According to the Skills section in 'Races of Stone', this same "trick" can be accomplished without investing the 2 skill points to get "Conceal Spellcasting." The only real difference is 'Races of Stone' has a penalty for failure while the skill trick does not.