PDA

View Full Version : Size & Damage for Natural Attacks

Fixer
2007-07-12, 09:18 AM
Ok, so my wife's character has taken a level as a warshaper. She get the Morphic Weapons ability. I am trying to update her Predator Form character sheet I made for her and I cannot remember what the 'normal' damage for a Medium size creature is for the various attacks. My books are at home. :/

Somebody help me out?

Also, can you use the morphic weapons ability to create, then improve a particular attack? She largely shapeshifts when she wakes up and stays in a form all day so it isn't like she will be lacking for move actions.

Also, (opinion), would these new natural attacks gain damage + 1½ Str damage or just damage + Str damage.
Normally a creature that uses a single natural attack gains 1½ Str damage to its damage and I was wondering if it is general opinion that it should apply here as I am pretty certain that no matter how many natural attack forms she grows she can still only attack with one of them at a time.

Quietus
2007-07-12, 09:21 AM
She can make a full attack and get all of her natural weapons, if she so chooses to do so. I believe any weapons a warshaper grows are considered secondary, however, so they'd have 1/2 strength on their damage.

As for the increasing size, I don't believe there's anything in the rules that says she can't. That's up to DM fiat and sensibility.

Fixer
2007-07-12, 09:37 AM
Wait....

So she can create a +12 bite/+7 gore/+7 claw/+7 claw/+7 claw/+7 claw/+7 tail slap (keeping her riding dog shape) attack routine with essentially 1d8+8/1d8+4/1d8+4/1d8+4/1d8+4/1d8+4/1d8+4 damage and retain the basic shape of a riding dog? (first damage bonus is +7 plus the +1 from enchantment and the others are +3 with the +1 from enchantment)

With no bending of the rules?

Dhavaer
2007-07-12, 09:43 AM
Wait....

So she can create a +12 bite/+7 gore/+7 claw/+7 claw/+7 claw/+7 claw/+7 tail slap (keeping her riding dog shape) attack routine with essentially 1d8+8/1d8+4/1d8+4/1d8+4/1d8+4/1d8+4/1d8+4 damage and retain the basic shape of a riding dog? (first damage bonus is +7 plus the +1 from enchantment and the others are +3 with the +1 from enchantment)

With no bending of the rules?

I don't think there's a limit on the number of tentacle attack you can gain, either.

Fixer
2007-07-12, 09:48 AM
She wants to keep the riding dog shape. She is wearing armor so it probably wouldn't handle too many tentacles. (Besides, she wants to remain at least semi-natural looking. She'd look very vicious, but more like an unusual riding dog than some sort of aberration.)

Fixer
2007-07-12, 10:19 AM
Using her Arial form, normally they get Talons attack. Can she consider both Talon attacks (after 'growing' a second one) her primary attacks or would the second talon attack be treated as secondary.

I mean, birds have two legs normally.