PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite 3rd Party books?

digiman619
2016-10-29, 12:38 AM
What 3rd party books are a permanent part of your library; the ones that will always have a place in your campaigns? For me, Spheres of Power, Path of War and Ultimate Psionics will always have a place in my Pathfinder campaigns.

What do you think, sirs?

TheIronGolem
2016-10-29, 12:56 AM
You already named my top three, but I will add Secrets of the Iron Titan by Rite Publishing.

Venger
2016-10-29, 02:21 AM
hyperconscious and the advanced player's guide are both pretty fun to read even if the prcs are kind of weak.

Kantolin
2016-10-29, 04:21 AM
Having never really bought a third party book, when Dreamscarred Press was going through their 'Psionics Expanded' line, I (Who had never heard of them) took a peek at their preview for their vitalist, and immediately went and pre-ordered the book.

I have yet to regret my decision, since holy cow, I use Ultimate Psionics for everything. ^_^

Extra Anchovies
2016-10-30, 12:47 AM
Goodman Games's system-generic PC Pearls and GM Gems are gold mines of inspiration for characters, encounters, game-world locations, magical effects, and all that sort of thing. They don't have much on the mechanical side of things, but they're a great pair of roleplaying idea books.

Ascension Games's Path of Shadow is very nice. I'm a huge fan of the Nightblade class, enough so that I wrote a guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?418529-Into-the-Darkness-a-Guide-to-the-Nightblade) for it. Their Path of Iron supplement also looks like it has some very cool ideas, but I haven't gotten a chance to play with any of it yet.

Powerdork
2016-10-30, 04:58 AM
In addition to UltPsi, I find Lords of the Night (Dreamscarred Press) has some hot content even for characters in an otherwise core-only environment.

Echch
2016-10-30, 06:28 AM
Eclipse: The Codex Persona. You'll need to know it's blog (https://ruscumag.wordpress.com/) to fully enjoy it, but I have yet to find something I can't build with it.

Martimus Prime
2016-10-31, 04:20 AM
Advanced Bestiary is pretty entertaining. It's essentially a new monster manual, but it's pretty rich with templates, including ones for essentially adding any type of MM1 undead as a template to another monster and a couple new ways to make unique constructs.

Tetsubo 57
2016-10-31, 07:32 AM
Ultimate Psionics, the Monsternomicon (simply the best monster manual ever done in my opinion), Advanced Race Guide. The latter is provisional until I can look at Starfinder.

Psyren
2016-10-31, 08:33 AM
What 3rd party books are a permanent part of your library; the ones that will always have a place in your campaigns? For me, Spheres of Power, Path of War and Ultimate Psionics will always have a place in my Pathfinder campaigns.

What do you think, sirs?

I'd add Pact Magic Unbound (not out yet - very soon!) and Akashic Mysteries to this list, though honestly my games lately have been making a go of it without 3rd-party.

Ultimate Psionics, the Monsternomicon (simply the best monster manual ever done in my opinion), Advanced Race Guide. The latter is provisional until I can look at Starfinder.

ARG is 1st-party.

stack
2016-10-31, 08:43 AM
Spheres of Power and related books are #1 for me. Akashic Mysteries, Path of War, and psionics are very nice as well.

(Full Disclosure: I freelance for DDS on SoP material and have minor contributions to Akashic Mysteries.)

Tetsubo 57
2016-10-31, 01:43 PM
I'd add Pact Magic Unbound (not out yet - very soon!) and Akashic Mysteries to this list, though honestly my games lately have been making a go of it without 3rd-party.

ARG is 1st-party.

True. I'd go with Radiance than.